Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Dreams Unlimited ABD add-on Booking Questions

I know the ABD cruise add-ons aren't supposed to be released until mid-June, but just in case they surprise us next week, I want to have my ducks all in a row!

I have a couple of questions about booking:
(1) Does the DVC first day price guarantee apply to ABD cruise add-ons as well?
(2) My understanding is that the Dreams Unlimited ABD *cruise* add-on discount is not linked to the regular ABD early booking discounts, but actually becomes built into the cruise price and the cruise OBC applies. Is this correct?
(3) My understanding is also that unlike regular ABDs, the cruise add-ons are fully refundable until the cruise PIF date, is this correct?

Thanks so much!

Last edited by DisneyKevin; 05-16-2014 at 02:25 PM.
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
I know the ABD cruise add-ons aren't supposed to be released until mid-June, but just in case they surprise us next week, I want to have my ducks all in a row!

(2) My understanding is that the Dreams Unlimited ABD *cruise* add-on discount is not linked to the regular ABD early booking discounts, but actually becomes built into the cruise price and the cruise OBC applies. Is this correct?
(3) My understanding is also that unlike regular ABDs, the cruise add-ons are fully refundable until the cruise PIF date, is this correct?

Thanks so much!
The only one I know anything about is 3). If it works the same way it did in 2010, then that would be correct (fully refundable until PIF date).

I'm sure others (probably Kevin!) will let you know the answers to the rest!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post

Thanks so much!
The DVC guarantee does not apply to ABD add-ons for cruises. While built and managed by ABD, they are really a DCL product and must be booked through DCL. As DCL does not offer the DVC guarantee, it wont be offered for the add-ons.

As a DCL product, the add-ons are not part of Dreams Unlimited Travel’s ABD booking discount. They are however, added to your cruise total and do affect your on board credit amount from Dreams. The add-ons must be booked through DCL.

As your cruise is fully refundable up until 90 days prior to sailing (with exceptions like suites etc), the ABD add-ons follow DCL's terms and cancellation policies as as well.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the quick responses. Really appreciate it. Just want to be all ready to go, as soon as they are released--especially since the DVC guarantee doesn't extend. Thanks again!
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:56 AM   #5
paddles
Mouseketeer

this is great info!

Quick question - if the ABD add-on becomes part of the cruise price, does the 10% OBB discount apply (we actually have that for the Baltic cruise we booked)? I'm thinking probably not, but still hoping anyway....
paddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:55 AM   #6
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddles View Post
this is great info!

Quick question - if the ABD add-on becomes part of the cruise price, does the 10% OBB discount apply (we actually have that for the Baltic cruise we booked)? I'm thinking probably not, but still hoping anyway....
The DCL on board credit does not increase, as the ABD add on could not have been booked while on board.

If your cruise was booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel, the credit from Dreams would increase as the credit is based on price.

I am not certain if the DCL on board discount would increase if a cruise and ABD add on were booked together while on board.

I haven't had that situation come up....but I am doubtful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: