Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #61
pyramid2000
Member of the DD Geek invasion of CC
How exacty do you iron on a T-****?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Canadian View Post
I think you are confusing mistake with accident. It doesn't appear this was an accident but a mistake, albeit a huge one but a mistake nonetheless. I sincerely doubt the CM maliciously decided to break the rules and let this child off the ship without his KTTW card. The CM made a huge error in judgement when he, assumingly, was trying to make life easier on this grandma and probably figured he would scan the boy's card once his mother came off with it.

This was a huge error/mistake and very scary and needs to be addressed. I am not outraged because he was let off with a family member. If he was able to sneak off undetected or let off with a stranger, I would be cancelling my upcoming cruise.
Yes, definitely needs to be addressed, but I will reiterate, it was not a mistake, nor an error. The CM, knowingly let a passenger off without scanning his KTTW card. A mistake would be scanning the child's brother's card and thinking it was him. Doing it against policy (as I hope this is policy) is not a mistake.

Luckily the child was with Grandmom, who hopefully was capable of controlling said child in an outside, strange environment...

1988- 1st trip to WDW/senior class trip : 1990- Carnival cruise from Puerto Rico : 5/00- 3 night CB/4 night Magic : 9/05- 4 night PO/3 night Wonder : 1/06 - 7 night Western Magic: 7/06- 5 night RCCL Explorer (Bermuda):12/09/06- 7 night Magic-DD Geek Party: 8/17/08- 15 night EBPC Magic : 11/01/09- 4 night Wonder:: 2/20/11- 4 night Dream : 11/10/11 - 3 night Dream : 10/13/12 - 7 night Western Fantasy : 04/04/13 - 4 night Miami Wonder : 01/13/14 - 4 night Magic :
pyramid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #62
Rogillio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid2000 View Post
Yes, definitely needs to be addressed, but I will reiterate, it was not a mistake, nor an error. The CM, knowingly let a passenger off without scanning his KTTW card. A mistake would be scanning the child's brother's card and thinking it was him. Doing it against policy (as I hope this is policy) is not a mistake.

Luckily the child was with Grandmom, who hopefully was capable of controlling said child in an outside, strange environment...

mis·take/mɪˈsteɪk/ Show Spelled [mi-steyk] Show IPA noun, verb, mis·took, mis·tak·en, mis·tak·ing.
noun
1. an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc
WDW 4/98, Yellowstone 6/99, 4-day Bahamas DCL 6/00, Washington DC 6/01, WDW 1/02, Scotland 6/02, Alaska 6/03, 7-day Caribbean DCL 6/04, 4-day Bahamas DCL 1/05, WDW 1/05, Universal 3/05, Norway 6/05, NYC Waldorf-Astoria 10/05, Snowshoe, WV 12/05, China Adventure 3/06, WDW 6/06, Copper Mountain, CO 12/06, 11-day DCL Med Cruise 5/07, 4-day Bahamas DCL 10/07, 7 Day NCL cruise - Hawaii 7/08, Door County, WI 7/09, Snowshoe WV, 12/09, 12-day DCL Baltic cruise 6/10, 7-day Caribbean HAL 12/10, WDW 6/11, 5-day Dream NYE 12/11, 7-day Canadian HAL 6/12, 3-day Dream Jan 2013, 4-day Dream Feb 2013, 5-day CCL NOLA, 9-day DCL Venice/Greece 6/14
Rogillio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #63
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid2000 View Post
Completely agree. The CM knowingly made a decision that violated DCL policy, which requires a KTTW to allow someone access on and off the ship.

I also disagree w/someone saying that a kid will kick or scream when kidnapped. I know for a fact that my daughter would not. If someone tried to lead her off a ship saying that mommy was at the bottom of the ramp, she would go with them. That's just her personality, despite us trying to teach her otherwise.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #64
Enna
This space for rent.
So where's this chocolate you promised the Tag Fairy?

Scary thought...

I just recently found out that anyone can link to anyone else as long as they know that the person is on that cruise and can give DCL basic info like the last name.

It is possible (and has happened) that someone can be linked to you in the DCL computer WITHOUT YOU KNOWING. If your booking is with a TA, you wouldn't be able to see that you have been linked, but you may be able to find it online if you book directly with DCL.

So....somone who knows the basics about you from your FB cruise group could call DCL to ask to be linked...without you knowing. While I have an issue with someone being able to link for dining without me knowing, I'd totally blow a gasket if those people could POSSIBLY remove my child from the ship.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #65
Toddymae
Earning My Ears, again and again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite2 View Post
I'm surprised that your mother was on the cruise and you were not linked together so you could share a dinner table. If you were not linked together in the computer, then I'm surprised they let him off the ship. But DCL is not perfect and they definitely don't like to have it pointed out that their policies were not followed by their staff. Don't expect much response from DCL.
I talked to DCL about a policy violation and the CM was fired! So, DCL may not be perfect but - in my opinion - they take policy violation seriously.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: