Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #31
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

I had a VERY similar situation with a witch I have as a neighbor a few years back. DH tried telling her nicely once, that didn't work. Second time, she flipped him off. Then one day I actually caught her instructing her dog dog to poop in my yard (she thought no one was home but I had come home early that day). Well, as soon as I opened my front door, she and her little dog ran into her house. I was not in a good mood that day and let's just say "I lost it"...in an Exorcist, head spinning kind of way. So i then scooped the poop up with a ziploc and threw it right at her house knowing all too well she was watching from the window. Interesting that just before I did this, she was laughing & thought it was funny but after I retaliated, yeah, not so much. Well, let's just say that one thing led to another. She said nothing that day and didn't even come out of her house. The next day I decided to call the animal officer to file a complaint (we have leash laws, etc). Animal officer paid her a visit & my neighbor flipped out on the officer. Two days later I had a "present" in my mailbox, however, she decided to wrap it in the summons she rec'd from the officer - not a smooth move & illegal to tamper with someone's mailbox. Well, the next morning she was waiting across the street as I was taking my DD to school & decided to "bait" me by asking how I liked my present. Well, she picked on the wrong girl. Let me just say upfront, that I am a professional woman, I have manners & class but that went right out the window. We had words and i had to stop myself before I got to the point of no return so I called the cops on her. She left, they came, I filed a report, they took the "present" she left me as evidence and they paid her a visit. She got nasty with the police officer (yeah, she's a real beauty), officer had to raise his voice & inform her of a few laws & pretty much told her to have no contact with any of us & if she ever stepped foot on our property again, he'd arrest her for trespassing along with a few other things. From that day forward, we never had another issue with her!

OP: I feel your frustration and while I'm sure you're trying to be "diplomatic" there are just some wacko's you can't reason with.....good luck!
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #32
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

This thread is hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I like your idea of a letter back ... maybe a tiny less snarky though .
Oh, definitely leave the snark in! I'd also add that maybe the cat is in HER yard as there is no dog poo there - signaling a dog lives there. The cat is never in YOUR yard bothering you or your cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
I am awake. I decided to go knock on her door. She was home but did not answer. I have decided any poo left on my lawn will be returned to her. I've decided her walkway is the best place so she cant miss it.
Not the walkway! The porch, right where she'd step on it, when she steps out in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
And why why why why does the dog never poo in his own yard?
Maybe it's afraid of that cat that's always over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I wouldn't leave it in the bag ...
THIS from the gal who wanted less snark?

I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
ugh...you could scoop it up and drop it on her front porch so she can find it easily or You could spot the dog at work,and put poop in a ziploc bag duct taped to his collar with a note saying"didn't want you to miss this"
You guys are hilarious! Thanks, I needed this today.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!

Last edited by Imzadi; 04-17-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: typos
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #33
jaminmd
DIS Veteran

I really do hope you leave the poop in her driveway or somewhere equally obnoxious. I once chased someone down that let her dog crap in my yard. Never saw her again.

People like that make us responsible dog owners look bad.
jaminmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #34
DisneyDiva8401
Mouseketeer

Reminds me of that Tom Hanks movie "the 'Burbs" and mr Rumsfeld said he was gonna staple his neighbor's Dog's butt shut next time he pooped in his yard.
Me....I would take a pic of the dog pooping, put the poop in a bag and leave it on his doorknob. No note, just poop and a picture. Do it every time until he stops

DisneyDiva8401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #35
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I'd tell her you never have a problem with the cat in your yard because her dogs poo deters it.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #36
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
I'd tell her you never have a problem with the cat in your yard because her dogs poo deters it.

years back a neighbor of ours used to allow her dog to poo out in front of our home (and others too)
We picked it up and left it on her front steps

It only took one time...she probably stepped in it...... no more poo in front of our home
Your neighbor OP sounds a bit nutty tho so Id not have a writing war with her. IF she speaks to you directly, Id then respond, otherwise ignore her.
meanwhile take a pix or video on your phone when her dog poops on your lawn, then call animal control and let THEM handle it with her...leash law, and other violations will likely be given to her...
Good Luck....if only people would be better pet owners...
meanwhile CATS are predatory and per animal control by us....there is nothing they can do UNLESS there are lots of them and other issues..so cats walking on your cars, scratching them etc...no help with that...I blame the owner, not the cat...its just doing what it does, but why our car and not their own .
Old 04-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #37
SavvyMom
It's my gig, what can I say

Talking

It should be disturbing how many poo war strategists are around here.....but it's not. It's cracking me up. Carry on....

SavvyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #38
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

We need to give this thread a title...

I vote for Poogate
Old 04-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #39
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblebee View Post
We need to give this thread a title...

I vote for Poogate
Lol or Poopwatch 2013
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #40
Shutterbug
Baba Ganoush is my hero
No parking baby, No parking on the dance floor

Sounds to me, that to this woman her dog is her little snowflake that can do no wrong. If thats the case you might be dealing with someone who may be tad off her rocker. I would just call the city or animal control first. If you escalate things like that it might get ugly.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #41
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
Lol or Poopwatch 2013

Yeah, we haven't had a good "Watch" thread in quite a while.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #42
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
Sounds to me, that to this woman her dog is her little snowflake that can do no wrong. If thats the case you might be dealing with someone who may be tad off her rocker. I would just call the city or animal control first. If you escalate things like that it might get ugly.

Ooooh! Something could happen to that cat. . .

. . . that doesn't even belong to the OP.
Thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #43
hereyago
DIS Veteran

I think the woman is passive aggressive and wants to do dumb stuff like the note and not answer door because she can't handle confrontation.
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #44
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavvyMom View Post
It should be disturbing how many poo war strategists are around here.....but it's not. It's cracking me up. Carry on....
"Poo war strategists"...
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #45
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

If some dog craps in my yard, the poo goes flying. I am a poo flinger. The guy behind us kept letting his cats use my flower bed as a litter box, despite my complaints. I gathered the cat poop in a ziplock bag and left it on his doorstep. The next step was to leave it there WITHOUT the ziplock bag, but it never came to that as he decided to keep his cat out of my yard.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: