Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #16
StephMK
DIS Veteran

LOL, we had a neighbor like that. I like the note idea. I wonder if she was avoiding you or just not home.

Hopefully karma will get her back. In the 2 years we lived in one house, we talked to our next door neighbor exactly 3 times. Never introduced herself, each time was when she came running out to fuss about me parking "in front of her house". There was plenty of room for another car on the street and she had a 2 car garage/driveway and no visitors.

Once we moved away, a friend told me that lightning hit my neighbor's garage and burned part of it.

If you don't want to send the note, I'd take pics. Taking the gifts back could come back with retaliation from her in ways I wouldn't want to clean up!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #17
Neesy228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankgirl05 View Post
WoW!!!! I am snarky and sarcastic by nature (admittedly NOT the best personality traits I posess.) so I would have such a hard time not writing her a nasty note back, outlining the fact that she allows her dog to run loose which is in violation of (insert city code here) and that the next time you saw him "doing his business" in your yard, you would be calling the animal control officer. not to mention the fact that the cat DOES NOT belong to you, so her note was unnecessarily rude.

But... that's just me... You should probably take the high road!!!

Good luck with that!!!
LOL! This is so me too! I think I'd spend a few days taking pictures of her dog in my yard to add to the note...but like you said, that's just me!!

Good luck, OP!

Neesy228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #18
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
I am awake. I decided to go knock on her door. She was home but did not answer. I have decided any poo left on my lawn will be returned to her. I've decided her walkway is the best place so she cant miss it.
I think you should get the dog on film/video and tell her you have proof that it is her dog. You really don't wanna start a poop war with your neighbor if you don't have to.

Unless you really do.

I think her note would have infuriated me too.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #19
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post

I would do the same thing. Everytime her dog poops on your lawn, i'd bag it up and leave the poopy bag on her porch or walkway until she got the hint.
I wouldn't leave it in the bag ...
Old 04-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCyndi View Post
Woohoo!! Throw the poo!!
This made me laugh!

I love the first note that someone here wrote and i might try that first but then I would call animal control and be done with it. Call them everytime the dog comes into your yard.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #21
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am awake. I decided to go knock on her door. She was home but did not answer. I have decided any poo left on my lawn will be returned to her. I've decided her walkway is the best place so she cant miss it.
While it may not be the most mature, neighborly response, that's what it took for us to get the point across to a neighbor with a wandering poop factory of a dog. This particular neighbor lives 3 doors down and trained his dog to go in our yard back when the house was vacant (before we bought it, it was a foreclosure). When we moved in we nicely asked him several times to break the dog of that habit but he just let the dog keep coming down, I think out of laziness - they don't have a fenced yard and his dog is very docile so stepping outside to put the dog on a tie-out was just unnecessary work in his mind. Animal control and code enforcement both indicated they have better things to do than respond to calls about a non-dangerous/nuisance animal, so we were on our own. But the pooping in our yard stopped in a hurry when DH told the neighbor that he'd be returning any future deposits to the hood of the neighbor's souped-up pickup truck. Now the dog is always on a tie-out when he's outdoors.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
jrsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Ah...people!

Since she so nicely wrote you a note, I'd write her back saying:

Dear Mrs. ABC,

I received your note about my cat. Unfortunately, this is NOT my cat that is coming into your yard; it is the cat across the street. My cats are indoor cats, and I never let them outside.

But since we are now communicating about animal misbehavior and you seem to be open to this "discussion", I would like to take this opportunity to remind you again that your dog keeps coming into my yard and defecating. It is not another dog--I see him. It's your dog. Seeing as how you don't enjoy cats in your yard, you can most certainly understand how I would not want dogs in my yard. Please take a tip from the Golden Rule and keep your dog out of my yard.
This is good. I would also check the leash laws in your town.
jrsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #23
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

I certainly would be giving her the poop back. That would tick me off.

As far as the note, I would not even acknowledge it. If she mentioned it I would give her the same treatment.

Note, I did not see a note? Cat? I don't have an outdoor cat. I don't know what you are talking about?
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCyndi View Post
Woohoo!! Throw the poo!!
LMAO.

I really dislike people who write evil notes- that are unjustified.

Fling it fling it. Fling it.

Chanting continues with some voodoo magic hands. Yes. I am so mature lol.
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #25
marius97
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I used to have a house where the rental home's side door opened up onto their drive way which ran up against my side yard. They would open their door and just let their dog out to mess in our yard. After stepping in it several times mowing, I started to take my shovel daily and return the mess to them. I started by piling it on the edge of their driveway. But since that didn't work, the messes began to be strategically placed...sometimes next to their car door or in front of their steps. That solved it REAL quick. I am so antisocial that I couldn't care less what they thought about me for doing that.
marius97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #26
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

ugh...you could scoop it up and drop it on her front porch so she can find it easily or You could spot the dog at work,and put poop in a ziploc bag duct taped to his collar with a note saying"didn't want you to miss this"
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #27
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

I would get one of those motion detector sprinklers. So when the dog come ls in your yard it gets sprayed. I would also take all the crap their dog leaves in your yard and throw or back into their yard. Problem solved.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #28
ksjayhawks
DIS Veteran
Dorothy and Toto have taken all my glory!

The dog belonging to the neighbor behind us use to come just over the property line onto our yard and poop. I took a picture several times.

I started scooping up the poop and tossing back into their yard. Unfortunately I have bad aim and it always landed underneath their kids swing set. About a week later, no more poop in the yard!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #29
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Geez don't fling poo at the house. Into their yard, sure, maybe even on the walkway, but not throwing it on the house. If you want to let her know that it's not your cat she is complaining about it then go ahead. and that she needs to clean up after her dog. But poo flinging may escalate this beyond where you want it to go. Like, with cops and stuff.

If the dog is continually running loose, you can call Animal Control to tell her to keep it in her yard.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 04-17-2013 at 04:58 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #30
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
Reminds me of the Pink Panther Strikes Again. "Does your dog bite?" "No." (Chomp) "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite?" "That is not my dog."
I LOVED Peter Sellers.....I laugh every time I hear that line!!!

Thanks for the grin....

Off to find my copy of "Being There"--his best movie ever!!!
kathie859 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: