Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

I'm about to do something very un neighborly. (update post 94)

Came home from work this morning to find a note taped to my door. It was my next door neighbor demanding I keep my cat out of her yard, it aggravates her dog. Well first of all ITS NOT MY CAT. My cats stay inside. Secondly, this is the neighbor that lets her dog run wild and crap all over my (and everyone elses) lawn. I've asked her several times to come pick up after her dog and she always denies its him. I have knocked on her door so she can SEE him pooping. And then she just says oh sorry and comes to clean it. But the rest of the time it is supposedly some other dog? RIGHT. Anyway. I have a strong desire to fling poo at her home. Her dog left presents all over the lawn. ANd no one else lets their dog run wild around here, just this moron. As for the cat in question, he lives across the street. Nice friendly little guy, sleeps on my porch sometimes. No problems there.

I am pretty tired from working all night, so I am going to sleep on it.

Last edited by dakcp2001; 04-27-2013 at 12:04 PM.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Ah...people!

Since she so nicely wrote you a note, I'd write her back saying:

Dear Mrs. ABC,

I received your note about my cat. Unfortunately, this is NOT my cat that is coming into your yard; it is the cat across the street. My cats are indoor cats, and I never let them outside.

But since we are now communicating about animal misbehavior and you seem to be open to this "discussion", I would like to take this opportunity to remind you again that your dog keeps coming into my yard and defecating. It is not another dog--I see him. It's your dog. Seeing as how you don't enjoy cats in your yard, you can most certainly understand how I would not want dogs in my yard. Please take a tip from the Golden Rule and keep your dog out of my yard.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Bearybear
A firm believer in the unbelievable

We've called animal control in the past about dogs running off leash. They can cause problems beyond the poop, such as traffic issues (if they run in the street) and bite people (even if you know it is a friendly dog).

Sorry you're dealing with this.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
Came home from work this morning to find a note taped to my door. It was my next door neighbor demanding I keep my cat out of her yard, it aggravates her dog. Well first of all ITS NOT MY CAT. My cats stay inside. Secondly, this is the neighbor that lets her dog run wild and crap all over my (and everyone elses) lawn. I've asked her several times to come pick up after her dog and she always denies its him. I have knocked on her door so she can SEE him pooping. And then she just says oh sorry and comes to clean it. But the rest of the time it is supposedly some other dog? RIGHT. Anyway. I have a strong desire to fling poo at her home. Her dog left presents all over the lawn. ANd no one else lets their dog run wild around here, just this moron. As for the cat in question, he lives across the street. Nice friendly little guy, sleeps on my porch sometimes. No problems there.

I am pretty tired from working all night, so I am going to sleep on it.
WoW!!!! I am snarky and sarcastic by nature (admittedly NOT the best personality traits I posess.) so I would have such a hard time not writing her a nasty note back, outlining the fact that she allows her dog to run loose which is in violation of (insert city code here) and that the next time you saw him "doing his business" in your yard, you would be calling the animal control officer. not to mention the fact that the cat DOES NOT belong to you, so her note was unnecessarily rude.

But... that's just me... You should probably take the high road!!!

Good luck with that!!!
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

OOOOH, THIS!!! I vote for this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Ah...people!

Dear Mrs. ABC,

I received your note about my cat. Unfortunately, this is NOT my cat that is coming into your yard; it is the cat across the street. My cats are indoor cats, and I never let them outside.

But since we are now communicating about animal misbehavior and you seem to be open to this "discussion", I would like to take this opportunity to remind you again that your dog keeps coming into my yard and defecating. It is not another dog--I see him. It's your dog. Seeing as how you don't enjoy cats in your yard, you can most certainly understand how I would not want dogs in my yard. Please take a tip from the Golden Rule and keep your dog out of my yard.

But you can add in my bit about it being a violation of (city ordinance) and the warning that you will be calling Animal Control in the future.
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

I would call Animal Control.

Writing notes obviously doesn't solve anything. Neither does knocking on her door to point out her dog going to the bathroom in your yard, because it sounds like the dog still poops in your yard, regardless.

Writing notes and knocking on doors just keeps it going, and creates hard feelings between neighbors. For me personally, not getting along with neighbors (rightfully or wrongfully) can make things pretty uncomfortable. I try to maintain good relations with my neighbors. You never know when/if you might really NEED their help in an emergency situation.

Let the authorities deal with it. Less stress for you.
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

Reminds me of the Pink Panther Strikes Again. "Does your dog bite?" "No." (Chomp) "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite?" "That is not my dog."
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ah...people!

Dear Mrs. ABC,

I like your idea of a letter back ... maybe a tiny less snarky though .
Old 04-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I like your idea of a letter back ... maybe a tiny less snarky though .
Oh, you're just TOO nice!!

When people decide to go "passive aggressive" on me (notes, for instance) versus have a direct conversation, then they get passive aggression back in spades. It's just how some people like to play and you usually can't change that. I definitely would have preferred that this woman NOT stick a note on the OP's door and just talk to her--and they could rationally talk back.

I'm not sure there is a nice way to respond to this since the OP has told this woman about her own dog once before. The woman seems clueless.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #10
*JoGo*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
. The woman seems clueless.
Not clueless, RUDE.
She knows the dog poops in OP's yard and doesn't care- doesn't bother her. However, a cat in her yard does bother her, so she cares.

I would call animal control. Take pics of him "in action". Hopefully she will get the picture after being sited for a leash law.

My neighbors' dog poops in our yard sometimes... It's a little annoying but they let my kids use their yard to play in, so we figure it's even Steven. And the dog is small, so his business is small.
*JoGo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #11
dakcp2001

I am awake. I decided to go knock on her door. She was home but did not answer. I have decided any poo left on my lawn will be returned to her. I've decided her walkway is the best place so she cant miss it.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #12
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
I am awake. I decided to go knock on her door. She was home but did not answer. I have decided any poo left on my lawn will be returned to her. I've decided her walkway is the best place so she cant miss it.
I would do the same thing. Everytime her dog poops on your lawn, i'd bag it up and leave the poopy bag on her porch or walkway until she got the hint.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #13
FLCyndi
Mouseketeer

Woohoo!! Throw the poo!!
FLCyndi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
dakcp2001

And why why why why does the dog never poo in his own yard?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #15
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ah...people!

Dear Mrs. ABC,

Thats good!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: