Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Lauramarc1
Earning My Ears

Disney Guest Services...POR reservation problems

Hi!

New here and have a question. My family and I are headed to WDW the beginning of June and have chosen to stay at POR. (can't wait!!) When booking using the spring special Disney offered, the room we wanted sold out (garden view). It wasn't in our budget to upgrade and we didn't want to change resorts. I was told by Disney that Southwest was offering packages and they may have the room we wanted available. We booked through Southwest with assurance from Disney that it would be a seamless transaction. It has NOT been. Southwest and Disney have made a mess of our reservation. After multiple tries to straighten it out both with Southwest and Disney, I emailed Disney Guest Servies. One returned phone call and everything was straightened out and 100% correct. Before getting off the phone the CM appologized for the mess and told me that she was sending something special over to POR to make our stay extra special. I didn't ask nor expect anything from Disney for my trouble but I can't help but wonder what it will be. Has anyone had anything similar happen and what has Disney done?

Laura
Lauramarc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
MinnieTink
DIS Veteran

Actually yes! Not the same situation but we have had issues a few times where we were told that a CM would be doing something special. Once it was 3 autographed character photos, one for each of my kids. Another time a CM sent a nice WDW canvas bag to the room filled with chocolates, popcorn, cookies, a sticker book, a stuffed Tigger and some balloons. Really nice. I was satisfied with the apology but we all enjoyed the goody bag.

MinnieTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Same, I had put some requests on our reservation (booked through CAA, or AAA for the Americans here ) And when we arrived none of the requests had been passed on from our TA at CAA. It was our honeymoon, so the requests were a little important, and I was more then happy to pay for them if there were fees involved.

Anyway, a CM at the front desk was surprised the info was not passed on, and was apologetic, and sure enough one day on our arrival back at our room (at CSR) there were Bride and Groom Mickey ears, a bottle of "Wishes Champagne", and Wishes chocolates all on a silver platter wrapped up.

Same thing, I was just a little disappointed, didn't even really expect an apology, I figured it was my TA's fault.

Its one of the things that has us hooked on Disney, and why we are heading to POR in less than 3 weeks !!!
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: