Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
s3rndpt
Mouseketeer

Time for BBB after shore excursion?

Our cruise will be at St. Maarten on Pirate Night. Both my girls (who will be almost 4 and 8 on the cruise) would like to get the pirate makeover in BBB that day, but I wasn't sure if there would be time between shore excursions and dinner (early seating). It seems like there should be plenty of time, if the shore excursions (as an example, the Seaworld Explorer Coral Reef Exploration) are only 3.5 hours long, but I can't find anything that tells me when the shore excursions start or arrive back at ship. Can anyone give me any guidance in this, and/or what would be a good time to book the BBB for pirate night? My booking window doesn't open for another week, but I want to be completely ready when it does get here!
s3rndpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3rndpt View Post
Our cruise will be at St. Maarten on Pirate Night. Both my girls (who will be almost 4 and 8 on the cruise) would like to get the pirate makeover in BBB that day, but I wasn't sure if there would be time between shore excursions and dinner (early seating). It seems like there should be plenty of time, if the shore excursions (as an example, the Seaworld Explorer Coral Reef Exploration) are only 3.5 hours long, but I can't find anything that tells me when the shore excursions start or arrive back at ship. Can anyone give me any guidance in this, and/or what would be a good time to book the BBB for pirate night? My booking window doesn't open for another week, but I want to be completely ready when it does get here!
We were in St. Thomas on Pirate Day and went on a half-day excursion to St. John. We had the early dinner seating and I had made an appointment in the BBB for 4:45. We were back on the ship for several hours before the appointment, so we had time to go to the pool, shower, etc. Turns out I could have chosen a slightly later time because the makeover only took about 25 minutes. DD had her own costume, but I'm guessing the package that included a costume would have taken longer. DD (9) loved the experience and it's one of the things that made the cruise extra special for her.

To get that late-in-the-day appointment, the BBB was the first thing I booked when our booking window opened at 90 days out. Keep in mind they hold slot open, so if you don't get the time you want just stop by the BBB on embarkation day.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: