Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
Doctor 10
Mouseketeer

Despicable Me vs Simpsons

So im going with 2 others who havent been to Simpsons ride. It was a little too much for me motion sickness wise but considering my previous visit consisted only of motion simulators only its no wonder. I hear Despicable Me is new. If you had to choose between two due to short time constraints which one would you recommend?

Live in the present judging no one by his or her past nor expecting less for his or her future.-alm
Doctor 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor 10 View Post
So im going with 2 others who havent been to Simpsons ride. It was a little too much for me motion sickness wise but considering my previous visit consisted only of motion simulators only its no wonder. I hear Despicable Me is new. If you had to choose between two due to short time constraints which one would you recommend?

Live in the present judging no one by his or her past nor expecting less for his or her future.-alm
I think I liked Simpsons better. One plus is that the line it's is a lot shorter. Both move around A LOT. So, if you have problems with motion simulators, better take some Dramamine that morning.
HM is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Both are simulators and both have cute pre-shows. In DM, you can use stationary seats and not wear the 3D glasses, might help with the motion issues. I take bonine, and that helps alot. I also look at the floor or close my eyes if queezy. DM is fun. The party at the end with the minions is cute too. I'd say, Simpsons is more like Star Tours, and DM is lesser. And, unlike the Simpsons, the ride "vehicle" is the whole seating area. Many many more people in the ride with you. So, I'd say, DM, though I like both, and my kids, who by luck, do not have motion issues, love both rides. Them, maybe more the Simpson one, as my kids are a tween and teen and like the Simpson humor more than a cute minion.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Oh good point on the stationary seats at DM! Forgot about that.
HM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Doctor 10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G
Both are simulators and both have cute pre-shows. In DM, you can use stationary seats and not wear the 3D glasses, might help with the motion issues. I take bonine, and that helps alot. I also look at the floor or close my eyes if queezy. DM is fun. The party at the end with the minions is cute too. I'd say, Simpsons is more like Star Tours, and DM is lesser. And, unlike the Simpsons, the ride "vehicle" is the whole seating area. Many many more people in the ride with you. So, I'd say, DM, though I like both, and my kids, who by luck, do not have motion issues, love both rides. Them, maybe more the Simpson one, as my kids are a tween and teen and like the Simpson humor more than a cute minion.
Thanks! We'll keep this all in mind :")

Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
Herbie
DIS Veteran

While i generally love the DM movie, and hate the Simpsons show,

I would actually go for the Simpsons ride. It is excellent, and generally worth the wait.

The best part of DM is the end where you come out to the dance music and a minion is there to greet you, and that can be seen from the gift shop.
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

They are both good but prefer DM over Simpsons.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
Doctor 10
Mouseketeer

Decided to go on DM. It was great since it was also my first time on it. I always choke up when Gru & the girls are together just like in the movie My next plan is Mummy since I was with non-thrill riders this trip around.

Got to go back

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: