Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

I am obviously a Disney freak and even though I am not going to be able to afford to go back to my Happy Place until sometime in 2017 or 2018 that doesn't stop me from thinking about when to go, where we will stay, what extras we will budget for, etc.

So I figure there are probably other people out there like me so this is the thread for all of us that have the long wait till we can go back again.

You can come here and talk about all the ideas you have for your next trip to Disney.

Who's with me??!!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
Sanderspooh
Earning My Ears

I'm IN!!

We are looking at September 2017. Our daughter is getting married this year in October so after that we will save for our next trip home to Disney World!! Our daughter is the last of 3 kids at home - so I will have that empty nest feeling - and planning our next trip is sure to help me feel better! This will be the first trip I have planned for just my husband and myself. I am hoping the whole family will be able to join us - so in all reality - I will probably still be planning for the kids
We usually stay at the All Stars - so that probably won't change unless we win the lotto - which I don't play - so that's out. We have gone to Disney World about every 4 or 5 years since the kids were little - takes us a while in between to save. But I enjoy thinking of our next trip starting on the plane ride home We were there last in 2012 so I will be anxious to ride all the rides that are new since then.
Thanks for starting this thread - will be nice to keep up with all the others that have what feels like a forever wait - until we can visit the Happiest Place on Earth again.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Count me in too!

I am so glad you started this thread! I wish I could go to WDW every other year but in reality I only get to go every four or five years.

I have been a total 5 times in my lifetime! Once when I was 13 with my mom and dad and siblings, once with my DH when it was just the two of us, and three times with my own kids. The last time was in Feb 2014 and that was just because my son's high school marching band marched in the Magic Kingdom.

My DH tolerates Disney but is not really a fan, so if it was up to him, we would not be going back at all.

Me, I love WDW, and dream about going all the time! I really wonder about myself sometimes, but I find myself thinking about and planning a trip all the time. There is just something about it, and I have fun planning all the little details.

So, I am hoping to go back in 2017 or 2018 whenever I can swing it financially and convince my DH to go or at least to let me go. He would be fine with me going on my own or with the kids or with friends.

Right now, I am imagining my DD's first band trip in Jan 2018 since the kids high school band takes a trip every other year. In the past, with my son, he went to the Gatorbowl during his freshman year, and the to WDW his junior year. My DD is in 6th grade now, so her first band trip should be her freshman year too. I figure the year in between when neither of my kids are in high school is a bowl game year. So, I plan to start throwing out the idea of another Disney trip to the band director. We know him pretty well since my DH has worked the pit crew all four years and his daughter is in the same class as my daughter. They are on the basketball team together so I know his wife too. I just figure, I will share my ideas with them casually for now.

Wow! I am really a big wind bag tonight! Tee Hee! I guess I am excited to share my ideas for my next trip with like-minded people!

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:
For the First Time in Forever - A Trip to See My Son March in MK Feb 2014

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52227352

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
mdsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #4
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Talking Fantasy Resort and Realistic Resort

Let's share what resort we would love to try if money wasn't an issue and then share where we are most likely to stay.

Denise, I know you stated that you have stayed at the All Stars in the past and will likely stay there again. Do you think in reality you will stay with the All-Stars or do you think you might try POP or AoA for a change of pace? What about your dream resort?

gracer9977, what is your dream resort? Where do you think you will really stay?

For me, I think my dream resort would be one of the monorail resorts, probably the Poly. My mom and I both always thought it would be a fun place to try out since it has the tropical theme. The Contemporary would be fun to try out too.

In the past, we have stayed at the moderates and enjoyed them. I like the peacefulness of them. We have got good deals in the past that allowed us to stay in a mod instead of a value. For each trip with my own kids, I have always started out by planning and even booking us in a value room and then when a deal came out I switched to the moderates since there wasn't a huge difference in price. In 2014, I had planned to stay at AoA in a standard room and then the deal came out that did not include the standard rooms at Little Mermaid, so I switched to PORFQ. I really liked the compact size and theme there.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
Old 10-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
Sanderspooh
Earning My Ears

Hi mdsouth - I think my Fantasy resorts would be the Contemporary - so I could walk to the MK - or the Wilderness Lodge because of the theme. We do usually stay at the All Stars because of the price - we have stayed at POP twice and have liked it - but when I book online the past few times our "fake" vacations to get prices and just because it is fun - POP has been higher in price than the All Stars even though they are all Value. I love the theme of the AOA, but on the disboards have heard the LM section is for regular rooms and many have said it is the longest walk. So in all reality we will probably stick with the All Stars - but I'm not against getting a great deal and staying at another resort on-site. So, I have already set up a budget to save for the trip - how about you mdsouth, gracer9977 or anyone with a trip planning goal or 2017 or 2018 - do you have a budget/goal set up - what are some ways you are saving for it? What are some ways you get your Disney Fix in between vacations?
Old 10-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
StirlingSilver83
Mouseketeer

We usually go to disney once a year. I have a trip planned for next year. But I do know we are planning for a Huge trip in 2018 I think before my littlest one starts kindergarten and my oldest goes off to middle school.

Planning on doing a month long road trip. We always drive from nj to disney but for this trip we are actually going to stay over in a few cities along the way and back again. I think we are doing williamsburg and myrtle beach on the way down and savannah and Washington, D.C. On the way back. We of course will be staying in disney for about a week to 10 days, probably at the contemporary bc that's our fav resort. We also might combine the disney stay with a disney cruise (not sure yet) we have plenty of time to think it over lol

June 4, 2012 - June 15, 2012 - Stayed Off Site
March 28, 2014 - April 7, 2014 - Contemporary
April 12, 2015 - April 18, 2015 - Contemporary
StirlingSilver83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:13 AM   #7
Elevationist
DIS Veteran

I already have plans for 2017 & 2018!

2017 (Mid-October) - A week in WDW at POFQ.

2018 (Early December) - 5 nights in WDW at CBR, followed by 3-nights on my first Disney Cruise!

December 4-11, 2015 Art of Animation

September 2014, Pop Century - December 2009, Coronado Springs - February 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 2005, All-Star Music
January 2002, Offsite - July 2000, Offsite - January 2000, Offsite - April 1998, All-Star Sports - May 1986, Offsite

Elevationist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #8
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderspooh View Post
Hi mdsouth - I think my Fantasy resorts would be the Contemporary - so I could walk to the MK - or the Wilderness Lodge because of the theme. We do usually stay at the All Stars because of the price - we have stayed at POP twice and have liked it - but when I book online the past few times our "fake" vacations to get prices and just because it is fun - POP has been higher in price than the All Stars even though they are all Value. So, I have already set up a budget to save for the trip - how about you mdsouth, gracer9977 or anyone with a trip planning goal or 2017 or 2018 - do you have a budget/goal set up - what are some ways you are saving for it? What are some ways you get your Disney Fix in between vacations?
Denise, I had to laugh at your statement about logging and and pricing a "fake" vacation. I do this all the time too! I like to have a basic idea of what prices will be before and after any discounts.

To get my Disney fix between vacations, I read lots of Trip Reports and read other threads here. Right now, I am writing my own Trip Report from my Feb. trip. I just started it about s month ago. So, I am having fun going back through my photographs and reliving the trip again. Check it out if you have time. The link is in my signature.

I also like to watch any shows about WDW I can find on television. I have some old ones that I taped off of tv on CDs. I also have the Sing-along DVD's that my DD and I love to watch together. There are different ones that were taped in the different parks.

What does everyone else do to get their Disney fix between trips?

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Old 10-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #9
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevationist View Post
I already have plans for 2017 & 2018!

2017 (Mid-October) - A week in WDW at POFQ.

2018 (Early December) - 5 nights in WDW at CBR, followed by 3-nights on my first Disney Cruise!

A Disney cruise sounds like fun, especially when you get 5 nights at WDW too. I think going to the parks first and ending with the cruise is a great idea! I expect the cruise portion will be more relaxing than being in the parks. Ending your vacation by relaxing on the ship and the beach seems ideal.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Old 11-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #10
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

I thought I would revive this thread!

I am really wishing I could make a trip back to WDW sooner than 2017.

Right now, I would love to plan a trip in the fall but it probably will be in the summer since I teach.

Ideally, I would love to try a monorail resort. Realistically, I will stay onsite at either a mod or a value.

I have stayed at CBR, CSR and PORFQ in the past.

If I stay at a mod, I think I will go back to POR- French Quarter. I really liked the compact size and there is still a lot of the resort I want to explore.

If I have to go the value route, I think I will try AoA Little Mermaid room or POP Century. I think my kids would like the theme at either of those two places the best.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #11
GWhitten98
Whitten Family

We just did trips 2 back to back winter trips, but our next will most likely not be until 2017....maybe 2016 if I am lucky. Defiantly want to get the next one in before DS becomes a Disney adult.

I am really torn as to what time of the year to do our next trip. We have done the week prior to xmas and thanksgiving(both of which were amazing). We LOVE Halloween so maybe an October trip would cool and I was really thinking it would be nice to try food and wine festival (would that be lost on the kids?)...maybe I can convince him to do a quick weekend trip with just the two of us some time in 2015 or 2016 Part of me would like to go during late may or June, but then I think of the crowds and heat and think maybe not.

As for resort we have stayed at POR and CBR, both were great and I would happily stay at either one again. If we take MIL again like we did this last trip, I am inclined to give AOA suites a try. As for dream resort, I would love to stay at any of the monorail resorts. I would say top of the list would be a theme park view room at the contemporary.

Past trips:
Dec 2013 @ POR

Upcoming trip
Nov 15-23rd @ CRB with both our "Moms"
GWhitten98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: