Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
misslizzy1973
Mouseketeer

Buying photos

If we are going to buy the package do we do that as soon as we board? Can I do it online? Will everything transfer to my key card or is it a separate card? We're going on an 8 day cruise May 10th. The deal sounds worth it to me.
misslizzy1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
lovedmy1stcuise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslizzy1973 View Post
If we are going to buy the package do we do that as soon as we board? Can I do it online? Will everything transfer to my key card or is it a separate card? We're going on an 8 day cruise May 10th. The deal sounds worth it to me.

You can't buy it online and you don't have to do it as soon as you board, you can do it anytime during your cruise up to the last night of the cruise, but the last night is when it is the busiest time. Every time you take a picture they scan your card so everything should be there. If you buying CD and all the printouts you can check yourself to make sure everything is printed, we had a few prints missing so we requested them to be printed as well. If you know for sure you are buying a package make sure you take advantage and take all the pictures. The first cruise we knew we wanted to do that so we took advantage and posed away. The 2nd. cruise we were planning to buy only 10, so we only took pictures on dress up day and pirate day.
lovedmy1stcuise is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
cpc430
Mouseketeer

I also am pretty certain I will be buying the photo package. How would it work if I purchased the CD mid cruise? Do I pick it up on the last night after all the photos are taken? Is there a cut off time? Or is it better just to wait til the last day to get everything, although busier? Knowing me, I'll want the full cd with prints (minus the borders).

Btw, is there one standard border for all images or are they labeled with the event (ex. Pirates night, castaway cay, etc)? Do they have dates? Thanks!!
cpc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

When you get a package (there are several to choose from), you get a stamp/punch card with the number of each size photo in your package. Each time you select a photo, you get a size marked off. The nice thing is, you can upgrade your package at anytime. You can also get 2 6x8s for 1 8x10.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

I waited until the second-to-last night so I could see how many of the photos were good enough that I'd want to buy them. I ended up going with 10 on CD, and I was given a receipt and advised to pick the CD up on disembarkation morning rather than the night before. Shutters is open from 7-9 on the last morning, and I was told to come at or after 8:00 to avoid crowds. We went right at 8:00 and there was no line. Once I got home, I looked through all the photos on the CD and was able to unlock 10 and download them to my hard drive.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
wdwwishes
DIS Veteran

One thing I would mention for future cruisers, the pics on the CD now come with the borders not just the plain pics as in the past. I do like the borders and buy the bordered prints. I would prefer the CD to be just the plain pics so I can easily use them in cards, calendars etc.. Most of the borders don't crop out very well. I was told though that you can get printed, borderless prints while on board. I'll inquire about that next year.
A.K.L. 2008, 2011
Poly 2009
Wilderness Lodge 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
The Wonder 2007, 2009, 2011
The Fantasy 2013
The Dream 2014
The Magic 2015
wdwwishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
MagicFan75
Mouseketeer

We were on the Wonder last week and bought the 10 print photo package on the second to last day when the majority of our photos were available and chose all ten at that time. The next night, our Palo photo had been printed and it was better than the other one of just DH and I, so we took our photos to Shutters and they let us swap it out with no problem whatsoever (no additional transaction on the computer or anything).

I should note that the salesperson that sold us the 10 print package also offered us the 10 digital photo package for the same price. We preferred to have our photos already printed so we could just frame them when we got home, so we declined the digital package.

MagicFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
beaglefan
TX Cruiser

We bought the package on the first day knowing we would be taking a lot of pictures. The room is not charged until the last day, so you can change your mind at any point, and downgrade or upgrade the package as the case may be.

Also, unlike the other poster, we had the pictures with and without borders. When we put together a photo album to share with the family, we used a mixed of pics with borders and without, depending on the layout.

The last day is a zoo, so I would avoid the lines and buy the second to last day of the cruise. They had the CD printed and sent to my room.

Also, I tipped the photographers early on in the cruise ($10 each to a couple of different ones), and from that time forward they would take tons of pictures ensuring the entire family was smiling. A little thank you (words and $$) goes a long way. They were just fabulous.
beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:07 AM   #9
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglefan View Post
We bought the package on the first day knowing we would be taking a lot of pictures. The room is not charged until the last day, so you can change your mind at any point, and downgrade or upgrade the package as the case may be.

Also, unlike the other poster, we had the pictures with and without borders. When we put together a photo album to share with the family, we used a mixed of pics with borders and without, depending on the layout.

The last day is a zoo, so I would avoid the lines and buy the second to last day of the cruise. They had the CD printed and sent to my room.

Also, I tipped the photographers early on in the cruise ($10 each to a couple of different ones), and from that time forward they would take tons of pictures ensuring the entire family was smiling. A little thank you (words and $$) goes a long way. They were just fabulous.
Which ship were you on? Just curious because your experience was so different from ours. We were on the Fantasy, and I specifically asked when I purchased the CD on the second to last night whether it could be delivered to our room. I was told that it could not be -- that we'd need to pick it up. Also, are you saying that the photos were available with and without borders on the CD, or were you referring to the prints?

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #10
KDias813
Earning My Ears

We are cruising on the Dream in three weeks for the first time. I'm trying to see how much the photo packages are but can't find it, does anyone know? Can you buy just a few? Do the packages include the CD plus the printed versions??
KDias813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #11
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

I bought the CD on the Magic in April 2012 and we had to go pick it up the morning of debarkation. If there was a room delivery option, I was not told about it. I don't think I would want that delivered in the middle of the night and left outside my door though. That is a lot of money to leave in the hall, and they are taking pictures that last day that have to be associated with your room.
Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014
Cast of Characters: DH DW DS (15) DD (12)

1153rsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #12
TLPL
DIS Veteran

I would like to ask on Fantasy, can you share the CD with your family if we have more than one stateroom?? How does it work?

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian
-August: Vero Beach

-Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #13
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
I would like to ask on Fantasy, can you share the CD with your family if we have more than one stateroom?? How does it work?
The CD is one per room. The only exception generally made is where there is one nuclear family occupying 2 rooms (Mom and child[ren] in one room and Dad and child[ren] in the second room).

Now, if at least one person from a room that has purchased a CD is in a picture will someone from a different room (extended family) that didn't purchase a CD that picture will be included in the CD of the first family. But you only get one CD.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: