Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #16
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

American Idol. Also, I have never stepped foot into the American pavilion at Epcot. Is the show portion called American Adventure?

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #17
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachkins View Post
Definitely try the less intense version. I've been on both and was quite impressed with how well done Green was.
I might try Green out this trip, if I can convince my sis to go with me, she's afraid to fly

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #18
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

We haven't been in Kali River Rapids but do want to go on our next trip.

Also haven't tried Mission Space
Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Barnstormer
American Idol (I will never go there. I despise the show)
Primeval Whirl
Kali River Rapids (Don't want to get soaked as we never go in summer)
Monsters, Inc.

*Maybe* Astro Orbiter. I may have went on it as a kid and just don't remember.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #20
Disney Fool

The name says it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aVASTGrl View Post
Mission: Space. I've heard too many horror stories of otherwise healthy people say they nearly passed out on it! I know they have the less intense version, but if I'm too chicken to do the Orange, I'd rather just skip it. Silly, I know

I think I've been on every other ride in the World! Although I wish I'd never experienced Stitch...
THIS. I happened to be sitting outside at the exit not long after it opened. Too many people came off ride and were leaning over the waste basket. Right then and there, I said to myself, 'Self, this ride is NOT for you!'. Even after they added the softer side, I wasn't tempted. I don't do Teacups, and I won't do this one.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #21
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

That's a new acronym for me. Can't be Pirates, can it?
Dwope! You mean it is not spelled Karibbean?
Yup...meant Pirates. I have tried to go on it 4 times and it was either broken down, my daughter got upset, or we were late for something.

I will hit it in August
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #22
JustAKid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpark View Post
Tower of Terror. And if I answer this 10 years from now - same answer. I tolerate Splash Mtn but hate losing my stomach.
THANK YOU!!! Dh couldn't understand this. It's not the heights, or the speed, or anything, it's the sensation one gets when free falling. I *HATE* that feeling. I get it even when I trip over something and THINK I'm going to fall. My body gets all tingly, and my stomach lurches...it's horrible.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #23
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agavegirl1
American Idol (not my cup of tea)
Festival of the Lion King (timing never worked out)
Stitch (bad word of mouth reviews)
Captain IO (bad word of mouth reviews)
We LOVE the Lion King show! Try to see it.

We've skipped a few things on purpose every time we go but we wanted to see the Finding Nemo show and saved it for later in the day and there was a small fire inside the building last time we went (too long ago). They didn't have any shows after that, that day. We were disappointed!
Malibustyle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #24
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Fool View Post
THIS. I happened to be sitting outside at the exit not long after it opened. Too many people came off ride and were leaning over the waste basket. Right then and there, I said to myself, 'Self, this ride is NOT for you!'. Even after they added the softer side, I wasn't tempted. I don't do Teacups, and I won't do this one.
OMG I would have tossed my cookies even seeing that happen!! I've ridden the teacups in the past but can't do them anymore

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #25
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

ITBAB..haven't done it, never will. We did HISTA and that had the imagination reeling. From what I've read about ITBAB, it would not be a fun experience for us.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #26
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

Captain Eo....100+ WDW trips and this will be our 3rd to DL with no plans to see it...ever.
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #27
Nanny2004
Mouseketeer

I have never done the mad tea party, Tom Sayer island, Swiss family treehouse, liberty belle riverboat, Prince Charming regal carrousel, any of the films in World Showcase except for Norway's, American idol, or rafiki's planet watch. We knocked out a few of my "never had done" on our last trip like Mickey's philharmagic (loved it), under the sea-journey of the little mermaid (wasn't open until my last visit), captain EO (could have done without that), mission space-orange (I think I'll stick with green), saw the Norway film, the Magic of Disney animation (glad I got to see that), flights of wonder (that was really neat), and rode Triceratop spin (there was absolutely NO line-we were able to stay on and ride three times in a row). Hopefully I can knock out a few more next May.

Nanny2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #28
Xiamara
Earning My Ears

I don't have enough digits to cover all the attractions and rides never ridden by me, so I will list the one ride I want to do, but my stomach does not...

...The Tower of Terror.
Xiamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #29
DznyPrnces
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
ITBAB..haven't done it, never will. We did HISTA and that had the imagination reeling. From what I've read about ITBAB, it would not be a fun experience for us.
Ok, took me forever to figure out what you were talking about. But I agree. My sister and I went to DCA during cast preview days (she worked at DL, I worked at the Disney Store). We walked into tough to be a bug not knowing what it was. We seriously almost left early (we should have). We were literally sitting practically on top of each other, arms wrapped around each other, practically in tears. That is a terrible show. And while honey I shrunk the audience didn't have the same effect on me, I could take or leave that one too. I just lift up my feet during the mouse part. Lol
Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #30
Mandak22
Earning My Ears

I've never done Toy Story Mania. We're not big on the studios, that's usually a half day park for us, and a swimming afternoon. My daughter doesn't know what she's missing yet, and my husband does not want to wait in the lines! We also have not done Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.
Mandak22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: