Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Tiggeroo
Grammar Nazi
is looking for a funny tag to put under her name
How about..Eats all the peanut butter out of the chocolate ice cream?
Showed BestBuy her Best Pink Lace

Long weekend in NY

DH and I are going to NY for my big 50 in January. I have only been in and out of the city for specific events. I need some help planning. I will be watching places like priceline for hotel deals. Do all hotels charge so much for parking? I want to do the Empire State building at night. I want to go to some sophisticate grown up feeling lounge for drinks and music. We love to eat out but not really interested in expensive, fancy places. Would love fun local and ethnic places to eat. Not looking to drop tons of money on this. Brunch would be nice though. I want to do Central Park but it seems so big. We will get in to town early am Friday, stay Friday and Saturday and on Sunday hit Brooklyn. I want to visit Mast Brothers Chocolate and shop. I get nervous in strange places but am trying to get over it. So I want to come up with a definite itinerary that allows us to go do fun things in an easy route so I can walk, subway or cab around. We love history and old buildings. The Brooklyn Heights Promenade looks very nice. Is it safe at night? Any tips you give me would be appreciated.

Flamingo Restored by Dan Murphy
Tiggeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggeroo View Post
DH and I are going to NY for my big 50 in January. I have only been in and out of the city for specific events. I need some help planning. I will be watching places like priceline for hotel deals. Do all hotels charge so much for parking? I want to do the Empire State building at night. I want to go to some sophisticate grown up feeling lounge for drinks and music. We love to eat out but not really interested in expensive, fancy places. Would love fun local and ethnic places to eat. Not looking to drop tons of money on this. Brunch would be nice though. I want to do Central Park but it seems so big. We will get in to town early am Friday, stay Friday and Saturday and on Sunday hit Brooklyn. I want to visit Mast Brothers Chocolate and shop . I get nervous in strange places but am trying to get over it. So I want to come up with a definite itinerary that allows us to go do fun things in an easy route so I can walk, subway or cab around. We love history and old buildings. The Brooklyn Heights Promenade looks very nice. Is it safe at night? Any tips you give me would be appreciated.
Do you have to drive in? If you could just grab a train from where you live in NJ and take it into NYC it would be much easier/cheaper. Parking is expensive here and there is really NO need to have a car in NYC.
My friend recently went here- http://www.minus5experience.com/about/ and said it was fun!

How about this- its a great place to go- The Cloisters is a museum located in Fort Tryon Park, Washington Heights, New York City. The building, which is a branch of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, was built in the 1930s resembling architectural elements of several European medieval abbeys
Old 11-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
Tiggeroo
Grammar Nazi
is looking for a funny tag to put under her name
How about..Eats all the peanut butter out of the chocolate ice cream?
Showed BestBuy her Best Pink Lace

The only reason to drive is because we want to go to Brooklyn on our last day and head he from there.

Flamingo Restored by Dan Murphy
Tiggeroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: