Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Emergency question about names on reservation!!!

Okay, hopefully I won't need this info, but my DS and his GF leave in 5 days to WDW and they are hugely fighting!

Can you change the names on a reservation? I know they/he would be screwed on the airfare, but if he HAD to, and he found someone to go last minute, can WDW change the names on the room/tickets etc...before they get there? Hoping if she doesn't go, maybe a friend could get last minute air and maybe pay them back the for 1/2 the trip costs over time. No travel insurance.

Oh my, I feel so bad....

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Don't let him do online check in! That will make it harder to change the reservation. Otherwise the best thing is to call.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
pat fan

No on-line check in planned. I feel so paralyzed on what to do!
Trying to MMOB, but it's SO hard!

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
Old 04-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I think phoning is the best thing to do.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post
Okay, hopefully I won't need this info, but my DS and his GF leave in 5 days to WDW and they are hugely fighting!

Can you change the names on a reservation? I know they/he would be screwed on the airfare, but if he HAD to, and he found someone to go last minute, can WDW change the names on the room/tickets etc...before they get there? Hoping if she doesn't go, maybe a friend could get last minute air and maybe pay them back the for 1/2 the trip costs over time. No travel insurance.

Oh my, I feel so bad....
Name changes can be done as long as long as it's not the lead guest that needs to be changed. I'm not sure if this has to be done a certain number of days prior to arrival, but it can be done. I would call Disney to see what the policy is just in case. Keep in mind that there is a $15 fee for any changes made 14 days or less prior to arrival.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

The name of any guest can be changed/added/deleted except for the lead name. This can be done at check in, while there, whatever.

I don't think there will be a charge for that at all. It's only a change in package components that results in a change and does he have a package or is it just a room and tickets separately?

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

I think you should stay out of it. If he's old enough to go to WDW alone with his girlfriend, he's old enough to figure out what to do.

Also, if he requires this last minute friend to pay him back for 1/2 the trip, will your son pay the friend back for 1/2 the exorbitant airfare they will be required to purchase. Just something to keep in mind when deciding who pays for what.

I would let your son decide what to do and stay out of it unless he asks you advice.

Last edited by suemom2kay; 04-20-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: rough around the edges.
suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
pat fan

Quote:
I would let your son decide what to do and stay out of it unless he asks you advice.
He did.
It's a package. Room/tix/Dining.

Quote:
Also, if he requires this last minute friend to pay him back for 1/2 the trip, will your son pay the friend back for 1/2 the exorbitant airfare they will be required to purchase.
IMO, if she is cancelling the trip last minute, she can eat the cost, or wait til whomever to pay her back when they can. As for air, right now it's not much more than what they paid anyway.

I did just talk to WDW and they said he can rebook at a later date with no penalty. If she does decide to not go, maybe this will cement our plans to go this fall and we will book to go together. At l;east his air is with SW if they have to change times.

-- John Wayne
Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
I think you should stay out of it. If he's old enough to go to WDW alone with his girlfriend, he's old enough to figure out what to do.

Also, if he requires this last minute friend to pay him back for 1/2 the trip, will your son pay the friend back for 1/2 the exorbitant airfare they will be required to purchase. Just something to keep in mind when deciding who pays for what.

To be fair, it never hurts to have someone you can go to and talk this stuff out with, and a parent who can offer this, I think, is awesome. Not one who controls, but one who is there to offer advice and to be a sounding board. Sounds like you are doing a great job

As for the airfare, it can actually go either way, his friend might actually end up paying WAY less. Actually Southwest has a crazy sale on right now for short notice flights to Orlando for the next few weeks.

Sounds like this might work out well for a big family trip either way though.
I know I have a close friend who used to do this with his g/f for a few YEARS. They were always a little hot and cold, but they travelled a lot, and they would be fighting fighting, even right up to the start of their trips, take the trip, it would be awesome, and they would be good for a couple months, ... then start up again. Hope thats not the situation with your son, and I hope that all this works out for the best !
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
mcgypsy
Mouseketeer

I had this happen last year....12 hours before we left, a friend who was going with us simply pulled out. We had a split stay scheduled and then he was on our room at both resorts for tickets and dining plan. I thought it was going to be a nightmare, but when we got there, they were wonderful. I lost 1 night on the room at the 1st hotel, but they cancelled the other one with no problem and switched his name to my sister's for the dining plan and tickets at no charge. It was perfect!
mcgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Let us know what happens OP.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #12
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

I've changed names right at the check in desk, no worries.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: