Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #46
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I just checked in with Southwest for our AirTran flight for 5 people. Our boarding passes have us in 11D & 11F, and 12D, 12E, and 12F. That's from PIT to TPA.

I'll update tomorrow to let you know how boarding went for everyone.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #47
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyMushy View Post
Not sure if anyone is interested, but I just checked in with Southwest for our AirTran flight for 5 people. Our boarding passes have us in 11D & 11F, and 12D, 12E, and 12F. That's from PIT to TPA.

how long ago did you book your flight?

sounds like people who book their flights early are getting the good choices. (tomorrow is Saturday so thats a weekend==

ill wait til tomorrow when you get home to see how it went. No unpacking til you let us know please--- LOL
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #48
raider97
DIS Veteran

Hi,

From reading this I understand that when I check in 24 horus prior for our SW flight that I will automatically be checked in and assigned seats for our AirTran flight continuing into MCO.

What I'm not sure about is when they say you can ask to change seat assignments at the airport are they referring to the first airport or the second airport?

TIA!

Stephanie
raider97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #49
leebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider97 View Post
Hi,

From reading this I understand that when I check in 24 horus prior for our SW flight that I will automatically be checked in and assigned seats for our AirTran flight continuing into MCO.

What I'm not sure about is when they say you can ask to change seat assignments at the airport are they referring to the first airport or the second airport?

TIA!

Stephanie
The entire connecting airports part is what puzzles me. We are flying round-trip PWM-BWI-DAY, with reservations made with RR points via Southwest.. PWM/BWI legs are operated by WN, BWI/DAY operated by AT. I will go online to WN at 24 hrs. and get boarding passes for the first leg, and it's my understanding that I will also automatically be given seat assignments for the AT operated leg at this point. HOWEVER, when we return, I purchased EBCI. Does this mean that WN will check us in at 36 hours for the BWI/PWM leg, and I then have to go online at 24 hours to get the assignments for the DAY/BWI leg?

Also... anyone know which airline we should check in with at the airport? Reservations were made/purchased through WN. I'd get the answers straight from SOuthwest but so far, every time I've called I've been on hold, and have disconnected after 30+ minutes of being on hold... I know, patience, but sometimes life intervenes!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #50
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
The entire connecting airports part is what puzzles me. We are flying round-trip PWM-BWI-DAY, with reservations made with RR points via Southwest.. PWM/BWI legs are operated by WN, BWI/DAY operated by AT. I will go online to WN at 24 hrs. and get boarding passes for the first leg, and it's my understanding that I will also automatically be given seat assignments for the AT operated leg at this point. HOWEVER, when we return, I purchased EBCI. Does this mean that WN will check us in at 36 hours for the BWI/PWM leg, and I then have to go online at 24 hours to get the assignments for the DAY/BWI leg?

Also... anyone know which airline we should check in with at the airport? Reservations were made/purchased through WN. I'd get the answers straight from SOuthwest but so far, every time I've called I've been on hold, and have disconnected after 30+ minutes of being on hold... I know, patience, but sometimes life intervenes!
I don't know about all airports, but at PIT SW and AirTran are now at one counter. Their kiosks accomodate both airlines. You typically check-in with the airline operating your first flight.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #51
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:

thanks for posting good assigned seats too

keishashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #52
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Good luck and have great vacation
Old 04-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #53
Ness2289
I'm a little lost on this one...
Oooooh! I see now

So, when I go to the AT site and look at the seat availability for our flight, is it usually accurate? There are currently dozens of seats available, but we are still just under two months out. My DD is 14 but she is a nervous flyer and would not do well without me, so I'm concerned.

We are booked through SW on AT.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
June/July 2014- Swan & Dolphin/Pop Century, June 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter, April 2011-Disney Dream, June 2010-Pop Century Resort, Mar./Apr. 2008-1st Cruise!!- Land and Sea - Wonder/Polynesian Resort, June 2005- Caribbean Beach Resort, March 2003- Offsite for DD's 1st Trip! , 1997- Offsite, 1993- Offsite, 1981- Offsite
Ness2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #54
tyzzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness2289 View Post
So, when I go to the AT site and look at the seat availability for our flight, is it usually accurate? There are currently dozens of seats available, but we are still just under two months out. My DD is 14 but she is a nervous flyer and would not do well without me, so I'm concerned.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but when people who purchase their tickets through airtran check in at 24 hour mark they can pick their seats. So if you are using southwest to purchase, others may actually get to pick at the 24 hour mark, but yours will be randomly assigned. So it does not portray how many seats are sold, but rather how many paid to select their seats

Me Hubby Delilah(5) Delores (2)
tyzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #55
Ness2289
I'm a little lost on this one...
Oooooh! I see now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzzle View Post

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but when people who purchase their tickets through airtran check in at 24 hour mark they can pick their seats. So if you are using southwest to purchase, others may actually get to pick at the 24 hour mark, but yours will be randomly assigned. So it does not portray how many seats are sold, but rather how many paid to select their seats
I see. So the people who have assigned seats already paid to get their seat assignments from the get go. I've been a Southwest loyal so this is all new to me! Thanks.

June/July 2014- Swan & Dolphin/Pop Century, June 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter, April 2011-Disney Dream, June 2010-Pop Century Resort, Mar./Apr. 2008-1st Cruise!!- Land and Sea - Wonder/Polynesian Resort, June 2005- Caribbean Beach Resort, March 2003- Offsite for DD's 1st Trip! , 1997- Offsite, 1993- Offsite, 1981- Offsite

Last edited by Ness2289; 04-28-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Ness2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #56
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness2289 View Post

no, it's a proprietary type thing as to sales, etc.

I've switched flights several times where the seats listed are sparse but the agent I spoke to was always able to book us into same category of seats we had paid/selected on new flight depsite them appearing 'booked'.

keishashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #57
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:

well? how did it go?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #58
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
well? how did it go?
It went great and smooth for us! There was one gentleman traveling with his two kids, he was seated in the middle seat between me and my daughter. We offered to let his kids sit in our seats but he was fine with the arrangement. We're flying AT through Southwest on the way home, so hopefully it'll go as smoothly.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #59
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

Trying to decide right now if I roll the dice and book 5 of us on the AirTran flight through SW or not. I thought about booking DH and the 12, and 10 yr old DDs that way and then dd6 and I on AirTran ( the price is the same for both sites but we have enough points on SW to pay for the other 3 ) so at least one of us can be with the 6 yr old. The other 2 would be fine on their own just give them an iPod, movie, book, or ds and they won't bother anybody!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #60
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It went great and smooth for us! There was one gentleman traveling with his two kids, he was seated in the middle seat between me and my daughter. We offered to let his kids sit in our seats but he was fine with the arrangement. We're flying AT through Southwest on the way home, so hopefully it'll go as smoothly.

my fear with the coming home flight== you need to check in at the 24 hour mark== which will be about 2:30pm for us. I will be in a park at that time How will we check in?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: