Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #31
SusieR
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
Re-watching some of the testimony from this morning on HLN, and a lawyer/commentator (John Manuelian?) said that the DT can do a surrebuttal (a rebuttal to the prosecution rebuttal) which COULD mean that the DT could call back Violet to rebut what this Janeen is saying. No, no, no! I think they'd have to drag her kicking and screaming into the courtroom anyway.

John M says that a surrebuttal in AZ is up to the discretion of the judge. After the rebuttal case, the defense will approach and ask to open up new issues or rehabilitative issues on the rebuttal. But, it's discretionary and up to the judge in the state of AZ. He thinks that IF ASKED, since it is a DP case, the judge would grant the surrebuttal.

Oh dear.
Good scoop!
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #32
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
I found this one interesting.

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial
Dr. Janeen is familiar with Alyce, says Alyce has her masters degree in marriage and family counseling. She supervised Alyce.

Defense: We have an expert witness to testify that JA suffered from DV.

Prosecutor: Oh Yeah. Well we'll do one better. We have her supervisor.

Quote:
Re-watching some of the testimony from this morning on HLN, and a lawyer/commentator (John Manuelian?) said that the DT can do a surrebuttal (a rebuttal to the prosecution rebuttal) which COULD mean that the DT could call back Violet to rebut what this Janeen is saying. No, no, no! I think they'd have to drag her kicking and screaming into the courtroom anyway.

John M says that a surrebuttal in AZ is up to the discretion of the judge. After the rebuttal case, the defense will approach and ask to open up new issues or rehabilitative issues on the rebuttal. But, it's discretionary and up to the judge in the state of AZ. He thinks that IF ASKED, since it is a DP case, the judge would grant the surrebuttal.

Oh dear.
Oh please no! I'm not sure I can handle another second of ALV and her rambling ways.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #33
2DisPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh dear.
I bet she WILL!

2DisPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #34
Oreo Cookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieR View Post
American Airlines grounding their entire fleet because of computer system being down, cyber attack?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100637190
Yikes! AA has about 1500 flights a day and they grounded them all. Major problems with the computer system. US Airways must not be too happy, with the soon to be merger. I feel bad for all of the passengers affected. With that many flights, so many people will not be making it to their destinations today.
Oreo Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #35
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Couple of links about Dr. DeMarte posted on twitter:

http://therapists.psychologytoday.co...Arizona_136525

http://sentiencepsych.com/staff/
Old 04-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #36
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

My tea turned out weak. I'm REALLY wishing I had one of those little blue drinks now.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #37
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:

Oh dear.
Breath Mare, Breath... Don't you think this jury would buy anything that woman would have to say? I don't think she would call her back. And we still don't have any idea what happened with her behind closed doors. Really who would the DT call back with any credibility. It's ok. Remember, if Juan looks worried you can worry. If he is good , don't sweat it....
Old 04-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #38
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo Cookie View Post
Yikes! AA has about 1500 flights a day and they grounded them all. Major problems with the computer system. US Airways must not be too happy, with the soon to be merger. I feel bad for all of the passengers affected. With that many flights, so many people will not be making it to their destinations today.
Oh the horror of being stuck at WDW for one more day.

"Sorry honey, we need to go back to WDW. Our flight has been cancelled today."
Old 04-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #39
Oreo Cookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh dear.
Thanks for sharing.

It's a DP case, so it makes sense that the judge will be cautious. I don't know if the DT will request a surrebuttal. Is there anyone to rehab prior testimony? I don't think so, but you never know
Oreo Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #40
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Hi y'all. Catching up (on commercials) with HLN. Just got slightly past the bubble test.
PebblesMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #41
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial
Jurors still very engaged and taking notes. #JodiArias still concentrating on her writing/drawing. Looks like she is transcribing something
Wasn't she learning Spanish in jail? Maybe she's transcribing her Manifesto into Spanish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
That's what I think! Do you remember how many Q's the jury had for the prosecution witnesses on JM's first time around? I wasn't typing them up then and I can't recall.
Oh, you need to go back to the beginning of the trial LAST WINTER and re-watch it all and get all the jury questions. We'll wait.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #42
2DisPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
During her tenure, Dr. DeMarte developed a highly coveted program for practicum students from Arizona State University, Agrosy University, and several other academic institutions

Impressive....curious to see what Willie is going to come up with.

2DisPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #43
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo Cookie View Post
Thanks for sharing.

It's a DP case, so it makes sense that the judge will be cautious. I don't know if the DT will request a surrebuttal. Is there anyone to rehab prior testimony? I don't think so, but you never know
They don't have anyone with credibility. Besides AL don't want any more smack downs from Juan. And AL may say the wrong thing against JD, which would not be a good thing, since JD was her supervisor.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #44
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Awesome day so far! Go Juan and Jeaneen go!!!!

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #45
dizzdis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I made it here. I will take a purple one , no alcohol please.

I can hear Willie now....." How dare you come up here and Dis my experts, they know more than you"
I love the blue, and give me Usnuz' booze
dizzdis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: