Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
cpc430
Mouseketeer

Cruise Ship Figures

My DS9 wants to get a Disney Fantasy figurine when we cruise. I saw that there is one available through the stateroom gifts ($32.95 for a 12 inch one). Are others also available in the gift store on board?

I thought it might be fun to order this as a stateroom gift for him but if there are other choices, maybe I should just let him pick when we get on board?

Anyone know what's available as far as figures for the Fantasy? And price ranges too? If you have the Fantasy from the stateroom gifts, is it pretty nice?

Thank you!
cpc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
havaneselover
DIS Veteran

My son bought the Fantasy model and had it signed by Captain Tom. It is a terrific souvenir and he proudly displays it on his dresser.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
aenan
Earning My Ears

I ordered one through the Disney Store when they were running a 25% off parks merchandise. Granted if you don't order enough you get charged shipping, but I bought a couple pirate t-shirts for my kids along with the figure and took the savings! I can surprise my son by hiding it in the luggage and save myself a little money in the process. They seem to have the sales pretty regularly.
aenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

They also have the ship figures on www.disneystore.com.
This is the Dream but they usually have the Fantasy too (it comes and goes)

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-cr...20945/1000276/

My son bought his first one on the Wonder and then when we went on the Dream, it was all that he wanted (to get the Dream one to match his Wonder one). Unfortunately, they were not available on the ship and that made for a very sad little boy. But also was one of our most special pixie dust moments thanks to a wonderful CM in the gift shops that went out of her way to get him something else very special

In order to avoid that on our upcoming Fantasy cruise, I ordered the Fantasy version from Disney Store online and gave it to DS for Christmas.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
cpc430
Mouseketeer

Had no idea they were available online through the Disney Store too!! Thanks for the info! And for the info about sales! Should I get back on the Disney Store mailing list to find out when park merchandise goes on sale?

New question about merchandise: is there a DCL autograph book?
cpc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
aenan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc430 View Post
Had no idea they were available online through the Disney Store too!! Thanks for the info! And for the info about sales! Should I get back on the Disney Store mailing list to find out when park merchandise goes on sale?

New question about merchandise: is there a DCL autograph book?
Yes, they also have them online! I get emails telling me when the sales are. I don't know if I signed up for them or if they figure I order a lot!
aenan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: