Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

F&W Events

I thought there was a F&W sticky but I can't seem to find it so I apologize that this information likely exists somewhere already!

We are doing an adults only trip to F&W for the first time. This will be mine and dh's 4th F&W festival. We have always had the kids with us though so we haven't done anything but sample the booth offerings (and one short beer seminar for dh back when they were free).

When will they release the dates and times for the special events like seminars and special dinners? Are AP holders given first access to those tickets? Is there a discount? Two of our party are AP holders (unfortunately, not me). Their current passes won't be activated until May however. If there is early access, would they be able to book for 6 people?

I am not sure what we want to do, if anything. I know we don't want to do the dessert party. I don't really think I want to do PFTS either although I could perhaps be persuaded.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Seems like it was July last year before they started releasing data on events etc.. booking was after that so you have a while
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman

Allow me to persuade you.....

PFTS was the highlight of our adults only Food and Wine trip. I can't say enough about how amazing it was. The food was delicious, the excitement of trying so many really delicious foods paired with great wines. The Cirque performers were there, the lighting was wonderful.

Having done it once I will never ever take a trip to F&W without attending.

Lisa
LisaInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I do the sticky. You won't see it until May. Stuff starts leaking out sometimes in June but you don't get them in full until at least July. No sense in starting it yet.

Quote:
When will they release the dates and times for the special events like seminars and special dinners?
Events, end of July. Seminars, most likely mid-August.

Quote:
Are AP holders given first access to those tickets?
Only for the Festival Center seminars when they get a couple of days to book ahead before the general public can (this also applies to DVC members and Tables in Wonderland members in the past). For the events, no, booking opens for everyone at the same time.

Quote:
Is there a discount?
As noted before, only for the Festival Center seminars, and then only on weekdays. The AP holder would have to purchase the tickets.

Quote:
If there is early access, would they be able to book for 6 people?
I don't remember ever seeing a limit on the tickets they can buy. I do know there are no refunds or cancellations permitted.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Seems like it was July last year before they started releasing data on events etc.. booking was after that so you have a while
I guess I will just have to continue to tweak my ADRs in the meantime!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaInNc View Post

PFTS was the highlight of our adults only Food and Wine trip. I can't say enough about how amazing it was. The food was delicious, the excitement of trying so many really delicious foods paired with great wines. The Cirque performers were there, the lighting was wonderful.

Lisa
Cirque was there??? Oh wow! Maybe we need to think about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I do the sticky. You won't see it until May. Stuff starts leaking out sometimes in June but you don't get them in full until at least July. No sense in starting it yet.

Events, end of July. Seminars, most likely mid-August.

Only for the Festival Center seminars when they get a couple of days to book ahead before the general public can (this also applies to DVC members and Tables in Wonderland members in the past). For the events, no, booking opens for everyone at the same time.

As noted before, only for the Festival Center seminars, and then only on weekdays. The AP holder would have to purchase the tickets.

I don't remember ever seeing a limit on the tickets they can buy. I do know there are no refunds or cancellations permitted.
Thanks for all the info! I was worried that I would miss the release date of the events because I was looking on the wrong board. Now I know I just need to be patient. Said friends with APs have DVC and TiW too. I love them dearly - but so jealous LOL!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 04-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaInNc View Post

Lisa
What was the seating situation like? We'd love to go to this, but I've read a few times that it's mostly a standing event. That has always kept us from booking it. Is that still the case? I have a bad back & bad knees, so standing for an extended period of time is impossible for me.

I've read there are seats for the 3D Dessert Party. I definitely want to try that.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

As of last year you can purchase a reserved seat (without the Wine View Lounge extras) for about an extra $30 at PFTS. Expect that price to go up this year. The reserved seating and Wine View Lounge sold out within a day or two of the booking window opening for all the scheduled PFTS.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
What was the seating situation like? We'd love to go to this, but I've read a few times that it's mostly a standing event. That has always kept us from booking it. Is that still the case? I have a bad back & bad knees, so standing for an extended period of time is impossible for me.

I've read there are seats for the 3D Dessert Party. I definitely want to try that.
Seating still seemed to be a free for all if you weren't willing to pay for the reserved seats. As a solo traveler I won't go if I can't pay for the seating. Last year I went and had a great time, the year before I waited too late and could only book general admission and I wasn't fighting that battle again.

If there are a couple of you and one of you is FAST and AGGRESSIVE you can join the "running of the bulls" and grab a table and just hold it all night. (Which of course as a solo I couldn't play that game and once the tables are held they are "MINE" LOL! ) Last year from my seat I watched the "stampede" occur when the opened general admission. It was not a pretty site!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #9
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

We are of the opposing view -- we gave up on the Party for the Senses years ago. We used to enjoy the predecessor event (Grand Gathering), which was held at a different location and was a smaller affair.

We went once to the Party for the Senses and found it very crowded with no place to sit. We found that to have a place to put down our plate, one of us had to hold a standing table while the other went for food samples. Plus, Dh and I are not fans of a piece of fish, followed by a dessert, followed by a beef dish, etc. It kind of doesn't bother us when we go around the booths at World Showcase at lunch, but for an evening we prefer a more organized approach to dining.

I guess they have tried to rectify the seating problem with reserved seating, etc., but they have also jacked the price up so much, Dh and I would much, much prefer a lovely quiet dinner at V&A for around the same sticker price (especially if one does the wine view lounge).

I'm also not a fan of Cirque so that holds no appeal whatsoever. We would never bother with PftS again. We have long time friends that we attend the F&W Festival with and they wouldn't bother either (unless they get free tickets, which they sometimes do).
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

I'll have to look through some reviews of past parties and see if it is something I want to recommend. I don't necessarily mind the wandering around part - although at least a standing table would be nice. But this whole image of "running of the bulls" is not what I want to be subjected to if we are paying this kind of money. I think our group in general and especially the men, would prefer to just do a signature dinner everynight and do our "grazing" at the actual festival.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
Barbydoll8
Offical Disney Dork

F&W special events

I've never done the dinner but last year we did the 3D dessert party and it was WELL worth the money. It's not just dessert and if you like to drink, there is plenty of that to go around.

Seating was plentiful. I was fearful from reading reviews that there wasn't going to be enough seating unless I paid lots $$ for the reserved seating. Not really a problem actually.

I probably will skip it this year but definately would do again.
Barbydoll8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #12
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
As of last year you can purchase a reserved seat (without the Wine View Lounge extras) for about an extra $30 at PFTS. Expect that price to go up this year. The reserved seating and Wine View Lounge sold out within a day or two of the booking window opening for all the scheduled PFTS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Seating still seemed to be a free for all if you weren't willing to pay for the reserved seats. As a solo traveler I won't go if I can't pay for the seating. Last year I went and had a great time, the year before I waited too late and could only book general admission and I wasn't fighting that battle again.

If there are a couple of you and one of you is FAST and AGGRESSIVE you can join the "running of the bulls" and grab a table and just hold it all night. (Which of course as a solo I couldn't play that game and once the tables are held they are "MINE" LOL! ) Last year from my seat I watched the "stampede" occur when the opened general admission. It was not a pretty site!
Thanks to both of you for the info. That's good to hear. I hope the price doesn't go up too much. A reserved table is the only way we could attend. $30 more per person would be worth it. We'll have to decide, if we think it's worth more than that when we see what the new price is.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: