Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate

DIS Veteran

Can teens go eat at topsiders for dinner- alone?

I searched and can't find this answered already- if so please direct me there.
I'm just curious if we have other plans for dinner (Palo or in the suite) for dinner and have let our waitstaff know we won't be there that evening in the MDR- can our teens go eat at Topsiders without adults with them? I'm assuming this wouldn't be a problem, since they could go to the MDR alone without us- but that's with the same waitstaff we've had all week... so I'm not sure if this is different?

(ps. the reason they wouldn't go to the MDR without us is so they wouldn't have to get all dressed up for dinner and also so they wouldn't have to be there by a certain time and if late -hold up others potentially at our table if we do have a table with others)
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
2006 GF RPC & Disney "double scoop" cruise (family trip)
2008 Disneyland & EB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
2009 WDW @ FW & 7nt Western Cruise (family trip)
2010 DL (mom & kids road trip), WB TransAtlantic Cruise (family trip)
2011 DL & Wonder B2B repo & Alaska! (family trip), offsite WDW mom & kids trip
2012 DL Jan/Feb 2012 (w/friend), WDW/Fantasy 6/23/12 (family trip)
2013 Magic Galveston cruise (family trip), July DL (family trip)
2014 WB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
BibbidyBobbidyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 AM   #2
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo View Post
I searched and can't find this answered already- if so please direct me there.
I'm just curious if we have other plans for dinner (Palo or in the suite) for dinner and have let our waitstaff know we won't be there that evening in the MDR- can our teens go eat at Topsiders without adults with them? I'm assuming this wouldn't be a problem, since they could go to the MDR alone without us- but that's with the same waitstaff we've had all week... so I'm not sure if this is different?

(ps. the reason they wouldn't go to the MDR without us is so they wouldn't have to get all dressed up for dinner and also so they wouldn't have to be there by a certain time and if late -hold up others potentially at our table if we do have a table with others)
Yes they can eat by them selves.
TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
MousseauMob
DIS Veteran

Yes they can. On our last cruise my DS and a couple of friends he met onboard went the evening I had dinner at Palo.

05/2014 DCL 9 Day Alaska, 04/13 Galveston to WDW, 09/12 HAL Alaska, 04/12 DCL Inaugural Hawaiian Cruise, 09/2011 DL GC and Universal, 05/2011 HAL Alaska, 09/2010 HAL Alaska, 05/2008 DCL Magic Mexican Riviera, 09/2007 DL GC, 04/2007 Celebrity Hawaii, 10/2005 DL GC (Trick or Treat), 06/2005 DCL Magic Mexican Riviera Cruise, 02/2004 DL GC, 01/2003 DL GC, 12/1999 DL PP, 10/1997 DL PP, 05/1995 WDW Dolphin and that big red boat
MousseauMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

DIS Veteran

Thanks!
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
Old 04-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

According to DCL's website, the dress code is the same for Topsiders as it is for the MDR's each evening.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

DIS Veteran

Um what? people talk all the time about going to Topsiders in shorts or not as dressed up as dinner- in fact many of them say that's the reason they eat at Topsiders... the dress code in the MDR isn't their thing.
Hmmm
2004 ASMU solo trip
Old 04-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Um what? people talk all the time about going to Topsiders in shorts or not as dressed up as dinner- in fact many of them say that's the reason they eat at Topsiders... the dress code in the MDR isn't their thing.
Hmmm
1. Disney doesn't enforce the MDR Dress Code
2. The "topsiders" statement is a CYA in case you show up with no clothing etc.. LOL!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Hmmm
I'm only relaying what is posted in DCL's website:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...psider-buffet/

Dinner
Dinner is served from approximately 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. except on the first and last days of the cruise. Check the Personal Navigator—the Disney Cruise Line daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—for specific dates and times of activities while onboard.

If you're looking to dine under the stars and enjoy the warm night breezes during dinner, or perhaps you just prefer a more casual setting, you're invited to dine at Topsider Buffet in place of a Main Dining restaurant any night of your cruise. Bedecked in linen tablecloths and napkins, the Topsider Buffet is a more elegant affair at dinner than its breakfast and lunch counterparts.

As you make your way into the restaurant, select from a series of appetizers from the buffet table. Then, sit back as your server brings your mouthwatering main course to the table.

Boasting a selection of tantalizing American fare during a delightful 4-course meal, Topsider Buffet offers a selection of fine food for everyone in your family. Although subject to change, dinnertime menu items include signature dishes from the Main Dining restaurants and casual dining specials.

Vegetarian offerings include salads, fruit, baked goods, vegetarian wraps and Panini.

Beverages
The following beverages are available for dinner at an additional charge plus gratuity:

Bar drinks
Wine
Bottled Water
The following beverages are complimentary during dinner and require no additional charge:

Coffee
Soda
Fruit Juice
Milk
Tea (Iced/Hot)
In addition to a full wine list, Topsider Buffet offers such after-dinner liqueurs as Bailey's Irish Cream, Tia Maria and Amaretto di Saronno for an additional cost. Specialty coffees including espresso, cappuccino and dessert wines such as Apple Icewine are also available.

Dress Code
The dress code for dinner is cruise casual. However, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts for dinner.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
I'm only relaying what is posted in DCL's website:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...psider-buffet/

Dinner
Dinner is served from approximately 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. except on the first and last days of the cruise. Check the Personal Navigator—the Disney Cruise Line daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—for specific dates and times of activities while onboard.

If you're looking to dine under the stars and enjoy the warm night breezes during dinner, or perhaps you just prefer a more casual setting, you're invited to dine at Topsider Buffet in place of a Main Dining restaurant any night of your cruise. Bedecked in linen tablecloths and napkins, the Topsider Buffet is a more elegant affair at dinner than its breakfast and lunch counterparts.

As you make your way into the restaurant, select from a series of appetizers from the buffet table. Then, sit back as your server brings your mouthwatering main course to the table.

Boasting a selection of tantalizing American fare during a delightful 4-course meal, Topsider Buffet offers a selection of fine food for everyone in your family. Although subject to change, dinnertime menu items include signature dishes from the Main Dining restaurants and casual dining specials.

Vegetarian offerings include salads, fruit, baked goods, vegetarian wraps and Panini.

Beverages
The following beverages are available for dinner at an additional charge plus gratuity:

Bar drinks
Wine
Bottled Water
The following beverages are complimentary during dinner and require no additional charge:

Coffee
Soda
Fruit Juice
Milk
Tea (Iced/Hot)
In addition to a full wine list, Topsider Buffet offers such after-dinner liqueurs as Bailey's Irish Cream, Tia Maria and Amaretto di Saronno for an additional cost. Specialty coffees including espresso, cappuccino and dessert wines such as Apple Icewine are also available.

Dress Code
The dress code for dinner is cruise casual. However, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts for dinner.
This is not the same dress code as the MDR. For example it does not have a formal or semi formal night at topsiders. And the 'you are requested to wear" means "try not to look like a bum but a "request" is not a "requirement"
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post

This is not the same dress code as the MDR. For example it does not have a formal or semi formal night at topsiders. And the 'you are requested to wear" means "try not to look like a bum but a "request" is not a "requirement"
It's exactly the same ... This is direct from DCL regarding Lumiere's for instance:
Dress Code
The dress code for dinner changes nightly. Check the Personal Navigator—the Disney Cruise Line daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—for more information while onboard. However, in keeping with the elegant theme, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts whilst dining in Lumiere's for dinner.

There is no requirement or request for formal night, it's the same, but they say if you want to dress up, you can.
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: