Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #1
homeboycartel
Mouseketeer

January cruising?

Good morning disers! I need some advice. My family is planning a wide/dcl journey this December-January. We cannot decide if we want to do the fantasy or 3/4 b2b on the dream. Will it be warm enough in January to enjoy cc and Atlantis? Will going bait further south on the fantasy get us more warmth? Any thoughts are appreciated
07/10: AKLV
08/10: BCV

Too many DL/DCA trips to list!
homeboycartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #2
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

Cool

I have done all 3 and all are a mixed bag. In. 2012 did Dresm in Jan it was 45 the day before the cruise and got to 70 in Nassau and was to cold for us in CC. Last Dec did the Drrsm again. We are FL residents and the water was cold but tolerable. In Jan of 2010 we boarding the Carnivsl Dream and it was 34! Yes it does get cold in Florida! It was sleeting in Ocala. Fr me the prices are cheaper for a reason. If you go on the Fantasy go Eastern.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
homeboycartel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznLexi View Post
I have done all 3 and all are a mixed bag. In. 2012 did Dresm in Jan it was 45 the day before the cruise and got to 70 in Nassau and was to cold for us in CC. Last Dec did the Drrsm again. We are FL residents and the water was cold but tolerable. In Jan of 2010 we boarding the Carnivsl Dream and it was 34! Yes it does get cold in Florida! It was sleeting in Ocala. Fr me the prices are cheaper for a reason. If you go on the Fantasy go Eastern.
That was what I was afraid off . We went to wdw in January 2007 and it was 45-55 the whole 2 weeks!
07/10: AKLV
08/10: BCV

Too many DL/DCA trips to list!
homeboycartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

It is really hit or miss in Jan. We went this year on the 5 night out of miami in mid Jan. Mexico was gorgeous but CC was SO cold we couldnt enjoy it at all. We went on a late November cruise in 2011 and the weather on the ship was cold but CC was in the high 80s and amazing. So I dont think there is anyway to predict for sure! I know this year in FL it was FREEZING in March and even cold into the start of April which never happens...so you never know! But a Disney cruise is lovely cold or not =)

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

A recent poll here on the DIS showed that January is the month that the ships have the most trouble docking at Castaway Cay, due to the winds making the waves too high. The captain won't risk damaging the ship (and the passengers) by crashing it against the dock.

Even chilly weather on the island is better than missing it entirely.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
MommytoaPrince
Mouseketeer

We did a 5 night double dip in January of 2011 and had great weather. We are from FL (about 45 minutes from Disney) and we thought the weather was perfect for cruising. We had no trouble docking at CC both days and my dh and ds enjoyed the water at CC. My son has cold urticaria (an allergy to cold things, I know sounds weird!) and we have to be extremely careful about the temp of the water that he gets in but he had no allergic reactions to the water on the ship or on CC. We loved it so much that we have another January cruise booked for 2014
MommytoaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
fairfax
DIS Veteran

I've done two Disney cruises in January, the first time it was lovely weather, the second time not so much. Sadly it's a hit or miss situation. When we were on the Dream this April however was actually the coldest I've ever been on CC. It took Captain Guus a long time to dock and the ship was shaking like crazy--but he did it! It was very windy and chilly, we went back to the ship after an hour. The good thing is the ship is so wonderful there are always plenty of other things to do.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
2prettygirl
Mouseketeer

We were on a cruise January 2013 and the weather was perfect. We went East Caribbean and the temps were low 70's most of the days but for us, we thought it felt great. The kids enjoyed the waterslides on board the ship and our family enjoyed all the beaches we went to.
2prettygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: