Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #196
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJB71 View Post
Hi I'm happy to do the people on the list sofar as we've already bought, wrapped & labeled, but to be honest I think if we get many more (and please don't think I don't want people to join that's not what I mean) then maybe I will have to rethink as I've already got over a suitcase full

What does everyone else think?????????????????
We can start a "group 2" for anyone else.... And have a new member coordinate ha one.... I think thats fair.
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
DbleTheFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #197
vedlin71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi I'm happy to do the people on the list sofar as we've already bought, wrapped & labeled, but to be honest I think if we get many more (and please don't think I don't want people to join that's not what I mean) then maybe I will have to rethink as I've already got over a suitcase full

What does everyone else think?????????????????
I think you are right I have done the same thing so far if that is what every one wants to do
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #198
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best

I've had cruises where the group was split due to size, and the only thing I wanted to add is that people from the first group can also choose to sign up for the second group if they want to . . . different people have different luggage space/FE gift sizes and some are fine to do more and others find splitting to give to part of the group to be better for them.

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #199
vedlin71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelinus View Post
I've had cruises where the group was split due to size, and the only thing I wanted to add is that people from the first group can also choose to sign up for the second group if they want to . . . different people have different luggage space/FE gift sizes and some are fine to do more and others find splitting to give to part of the group to be better for them.
Just let me know how we are doing it
Old 09-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #200
bellelinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedlin71 View Post
Just let me know how we are doing it
I think Paula should decide, since she was coordinating the FE . . . one way to do it would be to say that everyone who was on Paula's last list is the final list for group 1, but that a group 2 will be created with new people as well as anyone from the first list who wants to participate in a larger group. Someone who comes to the FE after Paula's last list could coordinate the second list and anyone already on Paula's list who wants to be on both would contact him/her to be added to the second list as well.

However, I am too new to the group to be telling anyone what to do! I think we should leave it to Paula.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #201
spazzious
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well our shopping is complete, FE gifts have been bought, gift wrapped&labeled and are sat in bags ready to go in the suitcase (well I might need two suitcases looking at it all as I've got my Parents gifts here also as i have helped mum with hers too. DH is totally going to have a when he sees it all)

How's everyone else doing
WOW! You're really on top if it! I've started buying and crafting. Are any adults non-alcoholic beveragers? My adult FE gifts are definitely including alcohol. =)

Last edited by spazzious; 09-01-2013 at 03:08 PM.
spazzious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #202
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzious View Post

WOW! You're really on top if it! I've started buying and crafting. Are any adults non-alcoholic beverages? My adult FE gifts are definitely including alcohol. =)
Music to my Mickey ears!!
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
DbleTheFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #203
vedlin71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbleTheFun View Post

Music to my Mickey ears!!
Mine too I will be bringing two of my grand kids so I will need lots of drinks lol
Old 09-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #204
bellelinus

Quote:
WOW! You're really on top if it! I've started buying and crafting. Are any adults non-alcoholic beveragers? My adult FE gifts are definitely including alcohol. =)

Please don't forget my stateroom!!!!

Old 09-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #205
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG Michelle I looooooooooooooove you

I swear you'll hear us chinking onboard before you see us!!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #206
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think Paula should decide, since she was coordinating the FE . . . one way to do it would be to say that everyone who was on Paula's last list is the final list for group 1, but that a group 2 will be created with new people as well as anyone from the first list who wants to participate in a larger group. Someone who comes to the FE after Paula's last list could coordinate the second list and anyone already on Paula's list who wants to be on both would contact him/her to be added to the second list as well.

However, I am too new to the group to be telling anyone what to do! I think we should leave it to Paula.
Hi Guys, I'm so sorry I've not been around for the last few days but things have been MANIC here for the last week just didn't want you to think I was ignoring posts

Had visitors for the last 5 days as well as taxiing two teenagers &friends around, managing a toddler &a workaholic husband . Got another 4 visitors due tomorrow, but then the Moll & Harriet are back to school on Tuesday so things should be a little quieter then

I'm more than happy to run two lists if that's how things turn out (tbh its probably easier that way, not to mention me being a control freek)

What would people like to do?????? I'm happy to stick with the cabins on the FE list sofar (there is also one more cabin to add to the list but I've just not had chance to update it over the weekend, really sorry Merrilee but I promise I will do it tomorrow), but think my packing space is probably upto the max now, although I'd loooove to keep going

I think maybe if people could please post there preferences then we all know we're were upto (does this make sense or am I just waffling )

As there are maybe one or two of us that seem to like the odd , what about maybe trying to arrange something that involved this
Old 09-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #207
bellelinus

Quote:
Hi Guys, I'm so sorry I've not been around for the last few days but things have been MANIC here for the last week just didn't want you to think I was ignoring posts

Had visitors for the last 5 days as well as taxiing two teenagers &friends around, managing a toddler &a workaholic husband . Got another 4 visitors due tomorrow, but then the Moll & Harriet are back to school on Tuesday so things should be a little quieter then

I'm more than happy to run two lists if that's how things turn out (tbh its probably easier that way, not to mention me being a control freek)

What would people like to do?????? I'm happy to stick with the cabins on the FE list sofar (there is also one more cabin to add to the list but I've just not had chance to update it over the weekend, really sorry Merrilee but I promise I will do it tomorrow), but think my packing space is probably upto the max now, although I'd loooove to keep going

I think maybe if people could please post there preferences then we all know we're were upto (does this make sense or am I just waffling )

As there are maybe one or two of us that seem to like the odd , what about maybe trying to arrange something that involved this
Hey, Paula, I think the idea of a meet at the champagne bar or skylines is a great one!

I will just say that if we start a second list, I will be on both, since I subscribe to the "the more, the merrier" school of thought for FEs, and I don't have serious luggage limitations. So if we get new people joining over the next few months and start a second list, please keep me on both.

Thanks again for all your work!

Old 09-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #208
bellelinus

What about a meet at the champagne bar after sailaway for anyone who wanted to come? There would still be enough time for people to make it to early dinner or the early show . . .

Old 09-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #209
momcloud
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My DH and I don't drink, so non-alcoholic for us please.
AKL- June 2005 w/kids FW- June 1999 w/kids
FW- Sept 1995 Late Honeymoon-Oct 1989
momcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #210
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What about a meet at the champagne bar after sailaway for anyone who wanted to come? There would still be enough time for people to make it to early dinner or the early show . . .
Hi Julie

I'd love to do that but in all honesty with having 3dds and my parents I don't think I'd have the time before dinner as we're on the early dining. (Omg can't imagine what the'd endup wearing to the dining room if I wasn't there to supervise )

I could do something the 1st day as we're planning to just stay onboard and not get off at Nassau, but obviously I no other people are going to have plans then. I suppose its just trying to find something that the majority can do.

What are people's plans upto now ?????????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: