Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #151
vedlin71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedlin71 View Post

My dd just moved back in over the week end. Now I have all three of my kids and all three of my grand kids living with me. Some times I wish they would forget we're I live lol

My fe gifts are coming along and how are yours
Has any one on here got the email about the new smoking policy? I did not get it but seen it on other lines . As of 11/15/2013 you can not smoke on you balcony not even the e cigs
Old 08-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #152
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

I never heard about it but im honestly thrilled. We have had a balcony cabin twice that shared a wall with a smoker. As someone severely allergic, i am comfortable in removing myself from anywhere that smokers are enjoying the freedom to enjoy a cigarette, but when the neighboring cabin smoked on their balcony, there was no ability for me to remove myself from the fumes. It ended up being a waste of extra $ to have a veranda when we couldnt leave the door open or enjoy the space in fear that i would have a severe reaction. i assume the inclusion of e-cigs is purely to eliminate the possibility of being unable to recognize the difference by a passerby.

I know it makes it difficult for those that smoke, but i appreciate that DCL recognizes that there is no way to stop the smoke to travel from deck to deck.
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
DbleTheFun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #153
vedlin71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbleTheFun View Post
I never heard about it but im honestly thrilled. We have had a balcony cabin twice that shared a wall with a smoker. As someone severely allergic, i am comfortable in removing myself from anywhere that smokers are enjoying the freedom to enjoy a cigarette, but when the neighboring cabin smoked on their balcony, there was no ability for me to remove myself from the fumes. It ended up being a waste of extra $ to have a veranda when we couldnt leave the door open or enjoy the space in fear that i would have a severe reaction. i assume the inclusion of e-cigs is purely to eliminate the possibility of being unable to recognize the difference by a passerby.

I know it makes it difficult for those that smoke, but i appreciate that DCL recognizes that there is no way to stop the smoke to travel from deck to deck.
It is also a waste of my extra $ that I payed to be able to smoke I would not have book a balcony if I could not use it to smoke
Old 08-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #154
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It is also a waste of my extra $ that I payed to be able to smoke I would not have book a balcony if I could not use it to smoke
Oh I wasnt trying to say that you didnt have the right to be upset with the change! Sorry if you took my comments as off putting! Not my intention!

Could you call Disney and explain that with the policy change, a veranda cabin is no longer of value to you, and ask to change to a lower classified cabin? Im sure they would accomodate considering they made the policy change after you booked.
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
DbleTheFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #155
vedlin71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbleTheFun View Post

Oh I wasnt trying to say that you didnt have the right to be upset with the change! Sorry if you took my comments as off putting! Not my intention!

Could you call Disney and explain that with the policy change, a veranda cabin is no longer of value to you, and ask to change to a lower classified cabin? Im sure they would accomodate considering they made the policy change after you booked.
I tried but because I used my dvc points they will not do anything . I will lose my points out of the 7 people going in my group 4 are smokers and 2 are kids I just feel that DCL should have made the change start with new bookings in 2015 not the ones people have booked on the other line there is a man that spent 15k for his family to stay in the concierge now is mom and dad will not go and he can't get a refund how is that fair
Old 08-16-2013, 05:32 AM   #156
PJB71
DIS Veteran

I have not had an email either

I can sympathise with both parties here

Neither myself or DH smoke & like most none smokers hate it , but my parents both do. This is the 1st cruise they have booked a veranda as last year they said it was such a pain going to the smoking locations so I no they will be furious when they find out (let's just say I'm not telling them until I've had the confirmed email ). I'm sure they would have just booked an inside cabin if the'd of known sooner.

As the the old saying goes you can please some of the people some of the time ........
Old 08-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #157
vedlin71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJB71 View Post
I have not had an email either

I can sympathise with both parties here

Neither myself or DH smoke & like most none smokers hate it , but my parents both do. This is the 1st cruise they have booked a veranda as last year they said it was such a pain going to the smoking locations so I no they will be furious when they find out (let's just say I'm not telling them until I've had the confirmed email ). I'm sure they would have just booked an inside cabin if the'd of known sooner.

As the the old saying goes you can please some of the people some of the time ........
It is now on their web site
Old 08-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #158
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is now on their web site
Well I'm not spilling the beans yet to my parents as I've not had an official email
Old 08-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #159
momcloud
Mouseketeer

Had to have an emergency root canal today-YUCK!!! But tooth is on the way to being better. But I paid for our cruise in full today-YAY!!!! So I am super excited for December to get here. One question-our anniversary is actually on Dec. 10th, how do you let them know when you want to celebrate it at dinner? Or will they do something every night ofthe cruise? I added the celebrating anniversary to my ressie just wanted to know what our options are.
AKL- June 2005 w/kids FW- June 1999 w/kids
FW- Sept 1995 Late Honeymoon-Oct 1989
momcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #160
MrsRamos
Earning My Ears

Question for everyone in the FE exchange..do you celebrate Christmas? I was thinking of possibly doing some Christmas themed FE gifts, but of course wouldn't want to offend anyone if they celebrate something else or nothing at all.

Thanks.
MrsRamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #161
vedlin71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRamos View Post
Question for everyone in the FE exchange..do you celebrate Christmas? I was thinking of possibly doing some Christmas themed FE gifts, but of course wouldn't want to offend anyone if they celebrate something else or nothing at all.

Thanks.
Yes we do.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #162
momcloud
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks.
We do
AKL- June 2005 w/kids FW- June 1999 w/kids
FW- Sept 1995 Late Honeymoon-Oct 1989
momcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #163
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks.
Hi Tanya

Yes we do
Old 08-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #164
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momcloud View Post
Had to have an emergency root canal today-YUCK!!! But tooth is on the way to being better. But I paid for our cruise in full today-YAY!!!! So I am super excited for December to get here. One question-our anniversary is actually on Dec. 10th, how do you let them know when you want to celebrate it at dinner? Or will they do something every night ofthe cruise? I added the celebrating anniversary to my ressie just wanted to know what our options are.
Hi Michelle

Hope your feeling abit better today

You need to add your anniversary to your booking then they should ask you what day you would like to celebrate
Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #165
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Updated FE List

Hi all hope everyone is well and having a lovely weekend

I have sent everyone involved in the FE an updated list today.

Please would you let me know if you haven't received it or if any of your details are not correct

Xxxxx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: