Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
gumbo1009
...flawed product of a deranged mind...

December 21, 2013--Fantasy--FE Business!

A big thanks to Gansleclan who has agreed to lead the FE gift exchange for the 12/21/13 Fantasy Cruise!

We're setting up this thread for FE business!

I think so far we have the following folks interested in an FE exchange??
- Gansleclan
- beezerdave
- cmcadoo66
- parkinfamily
- Gumbo1009

Gansleclan has graciously offered to boldly lead this effort, and I can help out once things get too crazy for one person to manage (since it's a holiday cruise, I imagine FEs may be even more popular than usual).
Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 AM   #2
Gansleclan
Gansle Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo1009 View Post
A big thanks to Gansleclan who has agreed to lead the FE gift exchange for the 12/21/13 Fantasy Cruise!

- Gansleclan
- beezerdave
- cmcadoo66
- parkinfamily
- Gumbo1009

Gansleclan has graciously offered to boldly lead this effort, and I can help out once things get too crazy for one person to manage (since it's a holiday cruise, I imagine FEs may be even more popular than usual).
-----------------------------------
Thanks for setting this up, and I will update with all the information I have so far later this AM. Right now it is 4:48am EST!!
Gansleclan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo1009 View Post

- Gansleclan
- beezerdave
- cmcadoo66
- parkinfamily
- Gumbo1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansleclan View Post
-----------------------------------
Thanks for setting this up, and I will update with all the information I have so far later this AM. Right now it is 4:48am EST!!
Thank you both for taking on the duties of FE organizing!

Not to add to your duties but it seems that a lot of the FE groups come up with a clever name to identify the group. Sort of a group nickname for the Dis'ers participating. Any body want to give that a shot?? I've seen gifts personalized with the group name and it does seem like a great way to commemorate each cruise. Just an idea.

Hope to see this group grow!

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
cmcadoo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Gansleclan
Gansle Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcadoo66 View Post
Thank you both for taking on the duties of FE organizing!

Not to add to your duties but it seems that a lot of the FE groups come up with a clever name to identify the group. Sort of a group nickname for the Dis'ers participating. Any body want to give that a shot?? I've seen gifts personalized with the group name and it does seem like a great way to commemorate each cruise. Just an idea.

Hope to see this group grow!
I think a name would be cute...I thought about the Motley Crew, not necessarily the band (spelled differently) but a play on the pirate theme and with all the tweens on this ship may be a perfect way to go!

I will work on the spread sheet tonight and send a post which would help me in organizing. Does anyone want to be in charge of any of the "Meet Items" that were originally suggested??

Old 08-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
parkinfamily
Livin' the Disney Dream!

I will look into rubber bracelets with date/name on them and some other little trinkets.

I will think about name ideas also.

I like the idea of limiting it to 20-30 per group...especially since it will be holiday season and there will probably lots of people participating. Plus, funds may be tight at that time of year.

parkinfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
gumbo1009
...flawed product of a deranged mind...

A few ideas gleaned from other posts...

> ID-ing Cabin Changes. One person volunteers to keep a magnetic white board on their door so folks can jot down info on cabin changes due to Port upgrades. Before folks head out on "delivery" they would check the white board and make updates to their cabin listings.

> Maps. One person volunteers to create a deck-by-deck map (pdf) circling the cabins involved in the FE exchange.

> The ship is more than 0.2 miles long. If the list of cabins interested in the FE exchange gets too large, perhaps we might split the cabins based on location (e.g., if we have enough cabins for 3 FE groups, we could split the groups into forward, mid, and aft).

*sigh* only 502 days to go...
Old 08-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Gansleclan
Gansle Clan

Fish Extenders--Working Document and infomation

Hi Everyone!

Here is some info/corrections regarding the whole FE ...

1) It is NOT necessarily giving in secret... This is up to EACH person as to how they want to do it ~ unknown (secretly); w/ name used on Dis boards (ex: tiggerb); known w/ Dis name and real name (you can choose just first name, last name , or both). Often, it sounds like people will also put their town &/state (or country ).

2) There is not a price limit on it... it is up to each person to decide what their limit is.

3) The gifts/treats can be homemade and crafty; store-bought (if food--- must be store bought for customs); cheap and inexpensive; something representing your town, state or country; or more. The sky is the limit for ideas and such....

4) You as the giver can decide if you would like to give one gift /cabin (or family- even if in more than one cabin) or a gift for each family member in each cabin.

5) You deliver the gifts usually just once during the cruise (yet I have read some deliver a few times ) so that it does not feel like a MUST and takes time from you enjoying the cruise yourself. (Just if it is specific for something happening on the cruise ~ ex: Pirate Night and you have pirate trinkets/related items, you will want to deliver them anytime before Pirate Night Day so they may be used and enjoyed.)

6) There is usually a SPECIFIC date for a cut-off date (many say 75-90 days out from cruise date) so you know how many have joined. Yet, some groups allow others to join in later, as long as the person(s) understand they may not get gifts from EVERYONE on the FE list ~ as people may choose to give to only those who joined by the cut-off date.

7) SOME, but not all FE groups may split off into smaller groups if the numbers get too large. ( I have heard of cruises w/ 50+ to over 100+ cabins participating (usually back-to-back, holiday, or summertime cruises --- I know I could never afford to give to that many cabins).

8) You can opt out, but as courtesy to others, the sooner the better as some people make personalized gifts/treat bags.

9) Sometimes, the DISboard cruise link members meet on the first day or so for about an 1 hour to introduce themselves and meet, give any room # changes, etc. ~ I have read where a few people actually give out their FE gifts at this time. ~

10) This is meant to be FUN and EXTRA PIXIE DUST & MAGIC for all involved, NOT added STRESS !

Oh, and 11) I have heard people get their FE gifts onboard via shipping a box (specific size limit) ahead of time, pack them on their carry-ons, or some have used a suitcase/duffel bag for them and then have the room for all those recieved and souveniers.

OK... now I am done. Any questions, feel free to post or ask.

Please look at the information we have collected so far for this cruise:

Last edited by Gansleclan; 01-09-2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: google document removed
Old 08-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
Gansleclan
Gansle Clan

DISBOARDER ideas other than FE's

Thank Susan!

X secret Mickey gift exchange (done by Susan)

_ a special cruise logo

_ special lanyards (usually given as a gift by a group of people in lieu of FE gift)

X special rubber bracelets with the dates of the cruise(Tonja getting information)

_ Dis-meet pre-cruise and onboard

_ linked tables for dining

_ Champagne Girls champagne/wine tasting

_ group photograph

_ CC cabana sharing

_ special room in Palo brunch (can't be done until 90 days out)

X Cruise Maps (Done by Becky/Brian)
Old 08-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Well I have ordered my fabric for our FE. Still thinking about getting an embroidery machine so I may hold off on making it until I make my final decision on that. Embroidery could make it really fun to make though!

I have also made my first purchases for FE gifts. I really need to narrow down the main gifts I want to give. I have seen so many great ideas I just don't know which one/s to choose!! I know I have plenty of time to decide especially with our group still being so small right now. Maybe once I have a better idea of who all is participating I will be able to choose the gifts. In the mean time, the list will just keep growing!

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
cmcadoo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #10
ICEMANPAD
The Turkey Day Gang sails again.

Hi all! Just posted on the main thread. We definitely would like to be part of the FE exchange. Thank you for organizing this!
11/20/2004 Original DCL Magic Turkey Day Gang Members;11/19/2005 DCL Magic Turkey Day Gang Part 2;11/18/2006 DCL Magic Turkey Day Gang Part 3;11/17/2007 DCL Magic Turkey Day Gang Part 4;03/29/08 DCL Magic Eastern Spring Break;07/03/08 4th of July on the Wonder; 11/22/08 Last Minute add on to Turkey Day Magic (Part 5); Last Minute add on to end of school year Wonder 6/4/09; 11/21/09 Turkeys Again on the Magic (Part 6); 8/8/10 Summer Vacation on the Wonder; 11/24/10 Thanksgiving on the Wonder; 8/7/11 very last minute Dream; 8/16/11 Turkeys on the Dream; 11/19/11 Thanksgiving on the Magic; 8/11/12 Summer Vacation on the Fantasy; 11/21/12 Family and Friends Thanksgiving on the Dream; 8/5/13 Alaska on the Wonder; 2/14/14 Last Minute Holiday on the Magic; 3/22/14 Spring Break on the Fantasy!!; 12/21/14 Christmas week on the Magic; 7/22/15 12 Night Baltic Magic
ICEMANPAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
doodledaisy
Earning My Ears

Hello... I am so glad to have found this thread. We just got off the Dream and booked our Christmas cruise onboard. We participated in the FE exchange and enjoyed it very much!! We are very excited to participate in this FE exchange as well. My family and I are from Michigan John, Jamie, DD Lillian (11) and DS Landon (9). I look forward to getting to know everyone before the cruise. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
doodledaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
Gansleclan
Gansle Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledaisy View Post
Hello... I am so glad to have found this thread. We just got off the Dream and booked our Christmas cruise onboard. We participated in the FE exchange and enjoyed it very much!! We are very excited to participate in this FE exchange as well. My family and I are from Michigan John, Jamie, DD Lillian (11) and DS Landon (9). I look forward to getting to know everyone before the cruise. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
Jamie,

I have added your information to the spread sheet. If you have a cabin number yet, please let me know so I can add that to your information.

In addition, there is a list of ideas where people can participate or coordinate for the cruise. Please let me know which one may interest you.

We have a good group started, and I look forward to discussing the cruise and meeting on the ship!

Becky
Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #13
doodledaisy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansleclan

Jamie,

I have added your information to the spread sheet. If you have a cabin number yet, please let me know so I can add that to your information.

In addition, there is a list of ideas where people can participate or coordinate for the cruise. Please let me know which one may interest you.

We have a good group started, and I look forward to discussing the cruise and meeting on the ship!

Becky
Don't have the stateroom number with me but I will get it to you as soon as I have it.

I will also take a look at the list you recommended!

~Jamie
doodledaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
parkinfamily
Livin' the Disney Dream!

Welcome doodle daisy!

parkinfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #15
Phillyfans
Earning My Ears

I posted on the main meet page but wanted to let you know that we're definately in for the FE on this cruise. It will be my husband (Chris -39), my son (Aidan - 8) and myself (Diana - 38).

I'll leave it up to the group as to if we split depending on how many families sign up but just so you know we had 38 families in the FE this past week and it took about 2 hours to walk all the levels of the ship to make the deliveries.

Aidan had so much fun seeing what was left for him each day.
Phillyfans is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: