Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Another Photopass + Question

I've read that Attraction photos and dining photos are good for 14 days, but you can add to "traditional" photopass pictures up to the 30 day claim period.

Is this correct?

CBR - 1996 (June), 1997 (Feb), 2007 (July)
Dolphin - 2003 (April) 2008 (Mar), 2009 (July),
2010 (July)
Beach Club - 2012 (July)
Wilderness Lodge - 2013 (July)
Royal Pacific - July 2010
Portofino - July 2012
diskids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
siskaren
DIS Veteran

The 14 days doesn't refer to how long you have to claim the pictures (if I'm understanding what you're asking correctly.) It refers to how long you can use the PhotoPass + card in the parks, which is what allows you to add ride and dining photos to your account. It's really only an issue then if you're planning a trip of more than 14 days.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

siskaren is correct in her statement.
You still have 30 days from when the first picture was taken with the photopass plus card to claim your pictures and then 30 days after claiming to do your edits.
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
diskids2

I read somewhere...I'm just having trouble find where....that you could actually use the photopass + card for 30 days up until the claim window. I read that the 14 days was the limit to add attraction and dining photos. I am going to see if I can find where I read that.

2010 (July)
Beach Club - 2012 (July)
Portofino - July 2012
Old 04-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
I read somewhere...I'm just having trouble find where....that you could actually use the photopass + card for 30 days up until the claim window. I read that the 14 days was the limit to add attraction and dining photos. I am going to see if I can find where I read that.
that would make sense as outside of 14 days it's just a regular potopass.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
diskids2

Ok I found where I read it. The FAQ on the Disneyphoto pass plus facebook page.

Here is what it said:

Q. What happens if my Disney vacation is longer than 14 days and I purchase Disney PhotoPass+?

R. You can collect as many PhotoPass Photographer photos as you like on your Disney PhotoPass+ card, however only Attraction and Dining photos taken within a 14 day period will be included.

So I am taking that to mean that I can collect "regular" photopass pictures up until the 30 day claim window.

2010 (July)
Beach Club - 2012 (July)
Portofino - July 2012
Old 04-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
Disney_Alli
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Here is what it said:

Q. What happens if my Disney vacation is longer than 14 days and I purchase Disney PhotoPass+?

R. You can collect as many PhotoPass Photographer photos as you like on your Disney PhotoPass+ card, however only Attraction and Dining photos taken within a 14 day period will be included.

So I am taking that to mean that I can collect "regular" photopass pictures up until the 30 day claim window.
Again yes if your trip is longer than 14 days you can use regular Photopass before and after the 14 day window of Photopass+ all pictures must be claimed within 30 days of the picture being taken regardless if its regular or +

Lots of Pixie Dust
Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
diskids2

Great news!

So just to make sure. I order my Photopass+ at home (within 14 days of my trip). I arrive at WDW and obtain a regular photopass card from the photographers and take regular photopass pictures.

Then I leave WDW, returning a week later. Hand my voucher for photopass + at the appropriate location. Receive the red photopass card. Then I have 14 days to use regular pictures, dining, and attraction photos.

When I return (will be within 30 days of first regular photopass pictures), I claim all the photopass numbers and order the CD.

2010 (July)
Beach Club - 2012 (July)
Portofino - July 2012

Last edited by diskids2; 04-17-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: hit the enter button too quickly...
Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Great news!

So just to make sure. I order my Photopass+ at home (within 14 days of my trip). I arrive at WDW and obtain a regular photopass card from the photographers and take regular photopass pictures.

Then I leave WDW, returning a week later. Hand my voucher for photopass + at the appropriate location. Receive the red photopass card. Then I have 14 days to use regular pictures, dining, and attraction photos.

When I return (will be within 30 days of first regular photopass pictures), I claim all the photopass numbers and order the CD.
Almost. When you go to WDW, you take a voucher slip that you received with your PP+ package at home, and exchange it for a red PP+ card. The red PP+ card is used the same as a regular PP card, plus for the extras...ride photos, dining photos. When you return home, log in to your PP account and access the photos.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #10
girlb4amirror
Mouseketeer

Adding my PP+ question to this thread.. How does it work when your group splits up? I know you can go back to an attraction to add a ride picture, but that seems like a pain if you aren't going back to an area. Is there any info from your PP+ card that we could write down for the CMs at the attractions could use to add our pics to our card?
girlb4amirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #11
momto3pirates
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=diskids2;48131736]Great news!

I don't know if I'm reading this wrong or not...but you want to order the photopass+ at least 14 days before your trip. It may take that much time to get to you. They don't recommend ordering within 14 days of the trip.
2005-Port Orleans Riverside
2006-summer-All Star Sports,Thanksgiving-AS Music
2007-Adults only anniversary trip-AKL
2008- summer PoP
2009-summer-AKV,MNSSHP-SSR
2010-summer at BLT,Thanksgiving at POP
2011-summer at BLT, Thanksgiving at GCH
2012-summer DLH, Thanksgiving-AKL-Jambo
2013-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-US/IOA
2014-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-AKL
momto3pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #12
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlb4amirror View Post
Adding my PP+ question to this thread.. How does it work when your group splits up? I know you can go back to an attraction to add a ride picture, but that seems like a pain if you aren't going back to an area. Is there any info from your PP+ card that we could write down for the CMs at the attractions could use to add our pics to our card?
They scan a QR code to add it - you'll need to have the physical card.
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #13
Joan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Almost. When you go to WDW, you take a voucher slip that you received with your PP+ package at home, and exchange it for a red PP+ card. The red PP+ card is used the same as a regular PP card, plus for the extras...ride photos, dining photos. When you return home, log in to your PP account and access the photos.
where do you exchange the voucher to pick up the red PP+?
at the theme parks or at your hotel when you check in?
Joan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #14
waltdisneymama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieR View Post
They scan a QR code to add it - you'll need to have the physical card.
So would the riders without the card need to write down a photo number or something so that the photo can be added to the card when it is brought back there later? Or would the riders tell the photo attendant that they have photopass plus but don't have the card with them and the attendant would provide them with a paper or number or something to present later with the card? (Hope I am making sense!)
waltdisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #15
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here is what it said:

yes, regular photo pass has 30 days.
the PLUS is only good for 14 days from first use.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: