Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #76
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Just to clarify, if it isn't EMH then do the wide right technique and worry about FP later? Is that correct?

Is there always a long line at the RSR FP machine or does it eventually shorten?

We will be in the parks on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday. I think Mon is EMH at CA and we won't be staying on site so won't be doing that. We will do MM at DL on Tuesday....
I believe you are correct. If it's not an EMH day then do wide right. If you do wide right, I'd be tempted to skip the FP chaos and just do single rider if everyone in your party is good with that.

There is always a line at the RSR FP machine until they run out. It's nuts. I hope it dies down at some point but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

MM at Disneyland is the best. I love when the sidewalks are still damp and everything is so clean. Where are you staying?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #77
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I believe you are correct. If it's not an EMH day then do wide right. If you do wide right, I'd be tempted to skip the FP chaos and just do single rider if everyone in your party is good with that.

There is always a line at the RSR FP machine until they run out. It's nuts. I hope it dies down at some point but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

MM at Disneyland is the best. I love when the sidewalks are still damp and everything is so clean. Where are you staying?
We can't do single rider...DD is only 7 and we won't mind waiting just so we can all ride together.

I am wondering if we should just do wide right, go on RSR and then get FP's for later? I know you said RSR broke down first thing though.....does it break down equally throughout the day or is more often first thing in the morning?

We are staying at HoJo's - our 2nd time there.
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #78
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
We can't do single rider...DD is only 7 and we won't mind waiting just so we can all ride together.

I am wondering if we should just do wide right, go on RSR and then get FP's for later? I know you said RSR broke down first thing though.....does it break down equally throughout the day or is more often first thing in the morning?

We are staying at HoJo's - our 2nd time there.

Darn for no single rider. I would do wide right and then get in line for FPs. I'm not sure if RSR breaks down more in the morning or not but read that it does go 101 a lot. You can always just do RSR once a day too. I'd be tempted to just do wide right and then focus on other rides the rest of the day. Make RSR your rope drop ride. On days that DCA has EMH, I'd wait for a FP as the lines will already be long due to hotel guests and wide right not being an option.

Fun! Their pirate pool is really neat. I bet your DD likes it. We stayed there many years ago and really liked it. We had pizza delivered to the pool and watched a semi obstructed view from the pool. It was really fun.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #79
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Love, love, LOVE the photo of you and your DH in Walt and Lillian's chairs! That one is frame-worthy.

Having three teens is probably chaotic at times, but you have to love evenings like that when you can take them all somewhere special!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #80
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Love, love, LOVE the photo of you and your DH in Walt and Lillian's chairs! That one is frame-worthy.

Having three teens is probably chaotic at times, but you have to love evenings like that when you can take them all somewhere special!

PHXscuba
Thank you. It was so fun sitting in those chairs. Maybe I will frame it? Our anniversary is in August and he loves family photos. Maybe I'll get a small set of the trip on canvas? Thanks for the idea. It was such a great afternoon.

Yes, 3 can be chaotic and I could throttle them, as I'm sure they could me, but they're really good kids, kind to others, solid, and they sort of seem to get it already; that we're not the enemy and its our job to help shape them into responsible and productive members of society. We've got a strong bond for sure. Of course they can be beasts- lol- like all kids but that's part of life and growing pains for sure. There is something truly magical about Disney together as a family. Maybe I'm more chill so they're more mellow but life is just right when we're all there together. Even our uber snotty 16 y/o said that she couldn't imagine not going on Disney trips with us. She asked if she still gets to go when she leaves for college. I hope she continues to feel that way. I hope they all do. I'm excited to have some fun Disney plans in the works over the next couple of years.

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-04-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #81
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I think you have your kids drinking the Disney Kool Aid. In fact, I think one day they might actually come here and read your TRs to see what mom had to say about Trips. I mean this stuff is here forever.

They are good kids, they know that you have their best Disney interests at heart and even if they want to over rule you, there is a past record that you have done right, that they aren't stupid. Joshua is so cute that he loves you all so much that he wants to share the memories with you. I'm sure the girls will be jealous of your mom and dad time, but hopefully by the time they find these TRs, they will understand why you needed it!

ETA: OK this would be more appropriate on your WDW TR which I thought I was posting on! My bad! but it works here sort of!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #82
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I think you have your kids drinking the Disney Kool Aid. In fact, I think one day they might actually come here and read your TRs to see what mom had to say about Trips. I mean this stuff is here forever.

They are good kids, they know that you have their best Disney interests at heart and even if they want to over rule you, there is a past record that you have done right, that they aren't stupid. Joshua is so cute that he loves you all so much that he wants to share the memories with you. I'm sure the girls will be jealous of your mom and dad time, but hopefully by the time they find these TRs, they will understand why you needed it!

ETA: OK this would be more appropriate on your WDW TR which I thought I was posting on! My bad! but it works here sort of!

Your post totally works here too.

I'm sure they'll revolt one day but for now we're going to enjoy and cherish every Disney minute with them that we can. My fondest memories, during a very turbulent childhood, are of those with my father at Disneyland. I'm overjoyed to share they Disney magic and kool-aid with them.

I think the kids understand now why we have mom and dad time, one kid to parent time, time they have together and without us, and every other combo you can think of.

I hope if they ever read back they'll know I loved them and enjoyed our many trips together. I think they will.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #83
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Great update! 1901 looks absolutely amazing! love all that memorabilia.

that icecube is super cool.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #84
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Great update! 1901 looks absolutely amazing! love all that memorabilia.

that icecube is super cool.
1901 is super cool. It really deserves an entire evening to take it all in. I was in such a fun haze that I don't even remember what the bathrooms looked like.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #85
rentayenta

After a fun time at 1901 we started to head over to Disneyland Chloe asked that she be able to continue to take all of the photos the remainder of the night. I happily agreed. She’s our budding artist/writer/chef. She’s so much like Michael. We gave her the go ahead and she snapped whatever caught her eye. We were sad to be leaving DCA as we got hardly any time there but also knew that there are other trips to be had and we just can't do it all in one day. As sad as we were to not have more time in DCA, we even more excited to be heading to Disneyland. We would continue our fabulous afternoon into an amazing evening.

A glimpse down Buena Vista St:

One of the cable car. Notice the girl in the brown. What is she wearing? I’m generally not one to notice or care what anyone else is wearing and didn’t notice until right now when I uploaded the photo. I don’t think she’s got pants on. It looks like pantyhose minus the dress or slacks over them. To each his own:

We crossed the esplanade again and talked about the bricks. Does anyone know if they’re still selling them and how can I get one?
Through the gates.....it was starting to look like rain:

The must take photo. I probably take this photo 3-4 times per trip. Looks like Chloe gets it from me.

In honor of Michael:

Who doesn’t love the Candy Palace?

The castle:

Spring has sprung; some gorgeous blossoms:

Tin roof in Adventureland:

The sign speaks for itself:

Lamp post. Even Disney’s street lamps are cooler than your average street lamp:

Can anyone tell me where this is? I know its near the Rivers of America but I cannot, for the life of me, place that building:

A look at the island. We rarely get over there:

Us:

Iconic and I'd love to get a peek at the Dream Suite. I can only imagine.

So we reached that pinnacle point. It was time for Michael to ring that beautiful buzzer and give his name for dinner. Its still so exciting just typing about it:

I love that Chloe took every photo and getting to see the park through her eyes. Looking back at these while typing the update brought tears to my eyes. Disneyland really does provide my family with some wonderful and priceless memories.

To be continued.......

Old 05-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #86
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Chloe did a great job with the photos. I would love to have a peak at the Dream Suite, too.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #87
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Chloe did a great job with the photos. I would love to have a peak at the Dream Suite, too.

Corinna

I think so too Corinna and best of all, she had a really good time.

I recall a thread about it but don't seem to remember seeing any photos. I'll do a search.

The actually dinner update will be long as Chloe took so many fun pictures and the fact that dinner lasted 3 hours.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #88
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

The best thing about Chloe taking the pictures is that she got some great ones of you and your husband! I get back from trips and kick myself for not getting more of the two of us together. The NO Square one in the above post would also look great framed.

And it is interesting to see what stands out to them.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #89
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Chloe took some great shots! Can't wait to read about Club 33 AGAIN!

Jill in CO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: