Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 AM   #16
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love all the photos. What a pain that RSR was down and you missed out on Toy Story Mania.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:20 AM   #17
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Wow! I'm just frantic listening to your description of everyone going every which way and where! You guys move quick, there's no way the two of us slowpokes could keep up with you and your crew!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #18
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I can hardly wait to see Carsland!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #19
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love all the photos. What a pain that RSR was down and you missed out on Toy Story Mania.

Corinna

Thanks! It was really okay but it would have been fun. Thankfully I've been on it a bunch of times. What I really wanted to do was out score Joshua. Kid got lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Wow! I'm just frantic listening to your description of everyone going every which way and where! You guys move quick, there's no way the two of us slowpokes could keep up with you and your crew!

We were excited, that's for sure. The pressure to move quickly soon disappeared after we got some food in us. If we ever tour together, it'll be late afternoon. We're bonkers in the morning. A good bonkers but never the less bonkers. Everyone was just so happy to be there. Plus teenagers move fast. I thought they were very mellow though during our meet and they were so amazing during dinner. Riding the rides just screams go go go to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I can hardly wait to see Carsland!

Its amazing Michele. Truly. You really feel like you're in the movie. The theme is fantastic. It's the best themed land in Disneyland/DCA in my opinion. It's not my favorite part but its got the best theme. It's right up there with Animal Kingdom in my opinion.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #20
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Shame on them vetoing your plan at the last minute! Sorry you waited so long for the FPs. I'll have to remember your planned strategy for my trip. Your pictures are making me even more excited!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #21
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Oh, great update! We have to get our boys to Cars Land! We watched Cars on Sunday it was DS5's pick. I reminded DS9 that Cars was his 1st movie he saw in the theater. He was just 2 at the time, oh the Disney memories!

It looks like your morning got off to a great start despite the last minute change up. It seems that RSR has taken the panic out of getting to TSMM 1st thing for FPs....

Now I haven't seen Cars Land yet, but my favorite part of DCA is Flick's Fun Fair. Love the theming there, and it kinda reminds me of AK.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #22
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Bret. I'll warn you, my pictures are nothing like yours. Our middle DD took the majority of the photos so they're from the view of a 14 y/o but I think that makes it really cool just not professional.
I enjoy all your pictures and descriptions on all your Disney trip reports. I can imagine it clearly of how you describe it. Your middle DD took really nice pictures during your DL trip.

Very nice update at DCA that morning.

I'm sorry to hear that RSR was down that morning. I have learned from overtime ever since RSR has been opened since last summer, never go on RSR first thing in the morning since I have heard and experience it being not opened at the beginning. Just like you that morning during my August trip last year that I have to wast part of my EMH at DCA trying to get on RSR when the park opened. Even though you waited awhile to get FP's for RSR that morning, it was well worth it not to have to wait in the stand-by queue for over two hours.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #23
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

I'm in
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #24
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I'm in

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #25
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Shame on them vetoing your plan at the last minute! Sorry you waited so long for the FPs. I'll have to remember your planned strategy for my trip. Your pictures are making me even more excited!

You're going to love Disneyland and DCA. Disneyland is pure magic. I live MK and WDW but Disneyland is by far my favorite of the 6 parks.

I know, shame on them. Beasts. They learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Oh, great update! We have to get our boys to Cars Land! We watched Cars on Sunday it was DS5's pick. I reminded DS9 that Cars was his 1st movie he saw in the theater. He was just 2 at the time, oh the Disney memories!

Are you packing/packed??

They will love Carsland. My DS11 loved it. Thought is was so cool. And it really it. They did a phenomenal job with it. It really feels like you're in the movie. I wish we had more time there but next time.

Quote:
It looks like your morning got off to a great start despite the last minute change up. It seems that RSR has taken the panic out of getting to TSMM 1st thing for FPs....

They rode twice with no wait, walked on both times. Carsland has definitely taken the early morning crowds from TSMM. About an hour in though, the wait for TSMM was back up to 45 minutes. Next time we'll do it totally different.

Quote:
Now I haven't seen Cars Land yet, but my favorite part of DCA is Flick's Fun Fair. Love the theming there, and it kinda reminds me of AK.

Bug'sLand in DCA is awesome too, the theme and details are so great. Sadly the only thing we ever ride is Heimlich's Chew Chew and that's purely for nostalgic reasons. Chloe was a Big'sLand fanatic when she was little. Still one of their favorite movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I enjoy all your pictures and descriptions on all your Disney trip reports. I can imagine it clearly of how you describe it. Your middle DD took really nice pictures during your DL trip.
Thank you. She had so much fun taking photos.

Quote:
Very nice update at DCA that morning.

I'm sorry to hear that RSR was down that morning. I have learned from overtime ever since RSR has been opened since last summer, never go on RSR first thing in the morning since I have heard and experience it being not opened at the beginning. Just like you that morning during my August trip last year that I have to wast part of my EMH at DCA trying to get on RSR when the park opened. Even though you waited awhile to get FP's for RSR that morning, it was well worth it not to have to wait in the stand-by queue for over two hours.
It was totally worth it for sure but I won't do Carsland again on an EMH/MM day. I'll head straight to TSMM and then Screamin' for sure. I knew better. My little Disney voice was telling me. I wonder how long it took to start running that morning? I knew I didn't want to wait forever and miss out on FPs for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
I'm in

and Glad to have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I'm in

and Good to see you here.

I'm working on another update.

Last edited by rentayenta; 04-18-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #26
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

Love it so far! Nice to read one with tweens as we'll be there in June with an 11 and 14yo. We can move at a good clip too! My DD11 has curls just like your DD's only not as long. It takes forever to grow when it goes in spirals.

I am still unsure how to approach RSR- DH would be really good at wide right- he's a good crowd navigator and speed walker- but experiences like yours make me think maybe we'll just shoot for single rider.
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD16 DD13

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #27
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjscheel View Post
Love it so far! Nice to read one with tweens as we'll be there in June with an 11 and 14yo. We can move at a good clip too! My DD11 has curls just like your DD's only not as long. It takes forever to grow when it goes in spirals.

I am still unsure how to approach RSR- DH would be really good at wide right- he's a good crowd navigator and speed walker- but experiences like yours make me think maybe we'll just shoot for single rider.

I'd definitely do wide right and at least ride once as a family. After that it would single ride all the way. Carsland is so cool. I think it'll be crowded forever though. I'm looking forward to a longer trip where we can really explore.

Cute your DD has spirals. Does she dislike them as much as my Chloe does? I tell her that she'll love them when she grows up but at 14 big curly hair isn't in style. She uses so much product too. I have found that with her hair, it's quantity when it comes to product, not quality. We've tried everything. Right now we're liking a combo of shae butter and a light gel. What do you use? I'm always up for trying something new to fight off frizz.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #28
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
[CENTER]Are you packing/packed??
We are packing, just waiting on some dry cleaning and a few odds and ends. We ordered some eBag packing cubes and they are making things so much easier when figuring out what should go in what suitcase, etc. So far we've each got a carry on, 2 suit cases, a duffel bag and a garment bag it's nuts and I've been very selective about what we are taking so we aren't over packing. Our boys think we are crazy packing so early, but little do they know that we are only 8 days away
Old 04-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #29
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:

I'd definitely do wide right and at least ride once as a family. After that it would single ride all the way. Carsland is so cool. I think it'll be crowded forever though. I'm looking forward to a longer trip where we can really explore.

Cute your DD has spirals. Does she dislike them as much as my Chloe does? I tell her that she'll love them when she grows up but at 14 big curly hair isn't in style. She uses so much product too. I have found that with her hair, it's quantity when it comes to product, not quality. We've tried everything. Right now we're liking a combo of shae butter and a light gel. What do you use? I'm always up for trying something new to fight off frizz.
Keratin should be her friend! I have naturally curly, frizzy hair (not spirals though) and started getting Keratin treatments and now my hair doesn't frizz! Keratin is a protein that deposits on the hair, which helps get rid of the frizz and can relax the curls. I can actually blow my hair straight now and not have to flat iron it (and it stays! Even in 100% humidity!!!) It's not cheap but it saved my life. My stylist uses the Coppola Keratin Complex.

I love Chloe's curls though! They are gorgeous.

Jill in CO

Last edited by jedijill; 04-18-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: More to say!
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #30
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

Quote:
I recently discovered naturallycurly.com, their forums- CurlTalk, and the Curly Girl (CG) method. I have waves, DD14 has big fat curls, and DD11 has spirals. I decided not to go full CG, but we have switched to sulfate free shampoos and avoid most silicones. Shea butter is a good choice- moisture is key!

So right now DD is using Loreal EverCurl sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. At the end of the shower, work in a little bit of Suave Naturals conditioner as a leave in. Then dry with a tea towel or t-shirt instead of a regular terry towel (supposed to help frizz). Then she applies Curl Keeper and combs through with a wide tooth comb and air dry. Loreal Ever Curl also has a leave-in she will put in on occasion. On days she doesn't wash it, I spray it with a mixture of Suave Naturals cond and water as a detangler and comb with wide tooth comb again, finish spritzing with plain water. Garnier Fructic spray gel with shea also works for us.

Some people only comb in the shower with the conditioner in, instead of after, to encourage "clumping" but she didn't care for that.

DD14 loves her curls, but I have to say hers are more easy-care- little tangling, and some mornings she barely has to do anything to it. DD11 is not as in love with hers- they can turn into a real rats nest, or get really big and frizzy, but when they are good, they are awesome! Her friend's mom straightened it for a dance this winter, and of course she got so much attention- because it was different- so she thinks straight hair would be nice. Honestly we all thought it was pretty blah and just not her

She gets lots of compliments from strangers, and encouragement from me to embrace the curl. Of course she tells me that if she is supposed to be happy with her hair, I'm not supposed to complain about mine (which is more like naturally scraggly instead of naturally curly). I don't know if that's fair
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD16 DD13

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: