Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #2296
Denise W
Boardwalk DVC Member

The 3 friends turned the laptop over to the police according to news reports this morning. It wasn't thrown out like the backpack was.

Denise
Denise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #2297
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I don't know ... According to this timeline: http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/justic...thon-timeline/ it seems that the brothers were already on the run by the time the college students went to Dzhokhar's room at 9:00 pm and found the backpack/etc. Sean Collier was killed at 11:00 pm. I guess maybe if they contacted the police right away once they saw the fireworks they may have caught up with the Tsarnaevs before they killed Collier. And maybe not. I can't believe that the FBI didn't know who they were looking for before Collier was shot.
Didn't look at your CNN timeline, but per the Criminal Complaint at 23. and 24., the clip of the Tsarnaev brothers at the Marathon was released at 5, between 6-7 the three were already in the dorm room and ascertained there were fireworks, etc. Based on the knowledge that Dzhokhar had told at least one of them a month earlier "he knew how to make a bomb" and that at least one knew that Vaseline was part of bomb making, questioning a "what if" does not seem to be too far off base, imo. They got the text at almost 9 to take what they wanted from his room, but they saw the empty firework tubes and the Vaseline, hours before that text.

http://c.o0bg.com/rw/Boston/2011-202..._complaint.pdf

ETA: The Complaint referenced Kadyrbayev whose times cited varied from Tazahakov's. Sounds as if the roommate will have to verify the actual time they were in the dorm room.

Last edited by foreUT; 05-03-2013 at 11:33 AM.
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #2298
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreUT View Post
That was certainly the belief of the "Five Families."
Yeah, but ask Richard Wigton and Tim Tabor what they think.
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #2299
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

I think the three friends are idiots, they deserve the obstruction charges against them. But "murder" is a stretch.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #2300
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
I think the three friends are idiots, they deserve the obstruction charges against them. But "murder" is a stretch.
"Murder" might be a difficult charge to connect the dots, but there was much more malevolence in their actions than just attributing it to youthful stupidity, imo. If you read the Complaint, their actions were calculated, without even a scintilla of concern for the victims.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #2301
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Didn't look at your CNN timeline, but per the Criminal Complaint at 23. and 24., the clip of the Tsarnaev brothers at the Marathon was released at 5, between 6-7 the three were already in the dorm room and ascertained there were fireworks, etc. Based on the knowledge that Dzhokhar had told at least one of them a month earlier "he knew how to make a bomb" and that at least one knew that Vaseline was part of bomb making, questioning a "what if" does not seem to be too far off base, imo. They got the text at almost 9 to take what they wanted from his room, but they saw the empty firework tubes and the Vaseline, hours before that text.

http://c.o0bg.com/rw/Boston/2011-202..._complaint.pdf

ETA: The Complaint referenced Kadyrbayev whose times varied from Tazahakov's. Sounds as if the roommate will have to verify the actual time they were in the dorm room.
Thanks for that link! Kadyrbayev says they were at the dorm between 6-7 but Tazahakov and Phillipos say it was closer to 9-10. It took 4 interviews to get Phillipos to admit he was in the dorm room, so I'm not sure I believe much of what he says.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #2302
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
"Murder" might be a difficult charge to connect the dots, but there was much more malevolence in their actions than just attributing it to youthful stupidity, imo. If you read the Complaint, their actions were calculated, without even a scintilla of concern for the victims.
Haven't read the complaint. I don't doubt they're going to get what they deserve. But I also don't believe in over-charging.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #2303
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

- Still no cemetery willing to bury the body, and

- The family wants an independent autopsy:

Quote:
Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s body is in Worcester funeral home where services are being planned

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...MxM/story.html

The owner of the Worcester funeral home where the body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev is now being held said he was not making a statement about the alleged crimes of Tsarnaev and his younger brother, Dzhokhar.

“I’m not honoring a terrorist. I’m just burying a body,” Peter Stefan, owner of Graham Putnam & Mahoney Funeral Parlors, told the Telegram & Gazette today.

Stefan was quoted by the newspaper as saying that he believes that everyone should be treated with dignity after their death. He said he is prepared to face protests.

“Don’t do it? OK, what do you suggest I do? What would you do?” Stefan told the Telegram.

According to Stefan, Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s uncle, Ruslan Tsarni of Maryland, arrived at the Worcester funeral home Thursday to work with Stefan on funeral plans that have not been finalized, in part, because no cemetery has so far said it was willing to accept the remains of Tamerlan Tsarnaev.

According to the Telegram, Stefan has a long history of political activism in his neighborhood and has also long provided funeral services for the homeless or the drug-involved who have no family to pay for, or arrange, burials.

The body of Tamerlan Tsarnaev was first released by the state medical examiner’s office to his relatives Thursday night and then taken to the Dyer-Lake funeral home in North Attleborough, where a small group of protesters gathered.

This morning, Dyer-Lake said in a statement that they no longer had Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s body, but did not say where the remains were being sent.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, suspected of the bombing with his brother, Dzhokhar, died following a shoot-out with police in Watertown on April 19. Dzhokhar, who is believed to have run over Tamerlan with a stolen car as he fled the shoot-out, later escaped on foot before being captured that evening.

The Globe reported today Tsarni and Tamerlan’s two sisters obtained Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s remains from the medical examiner’s office after his wife waived her right to claim her husband’s remains.

According to Kheda Saratova, a human rights activist working with the family in Russia, the Tsarnaev family does not intend to bury Tamerlan until they find an independent coroner to issue a cause of death, the Globe reported. The Tsarnaevs have remained dubious of reports that police were taking Tamerlan into custody when Dzhokhar reportedly ran him over.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who is facing federal charges that could lead to the death penalty, is being held at a federal prison hospital in Ayer.

Three men charged with obstructing the investigation — Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov, both 19-year-old Kazakh nationals, and Robel Phillipos, 19, of Cambridge — are being held at the Essex County Correctional Facility in Middleton. Their attorneys have said they are not guilty of any crimes.

The medical examiner's office has not released the cause of death for Tamerlan Tsarnaev. A death certificate could be released as early as today.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #2304
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

I was working the marathon expo today, and they were selling shirts that say I run for Love, not Fear...in honor of Boston.

Also, security is going to be VERY tight on race day.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #2305
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
I posted it because it hits right at the heart of what I believe most people feel.
MJ

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #2306
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
- Still no cemetery willing to bury the body, and

- The family wants an independent autopsy:
Sounds fine to me, if they never get him buried, but who is going to pay for the "independent autopsy"?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #2307
kwelch10377
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds fine to me, if they never get him buried, but who is going to pay for the "independent autopsy"?
The family will have to pay for it.
kwelch10377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #2308
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981

I think a lot of people agree with some of what was said in the video.

But by the end of the video, Pirro, who is, after all, a politician, wandered away from her anger at the Tsarnaev family and into the realm of politics and policymaking. She has become much more right-wing conservative than she was when she served as Westchester County District Attorney. Since we should not be debating politics on this thread, or on this board, it was appropriate for you to remove the video. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Old 05-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #2309
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

I am sure they will find a cemetary willing to take him. Just find one that's near a prison, where large numbers of former inmates are buried.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Old 05-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #2310
tabby1881
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
I was working the marathon expo today, and they were selling shirts that say I run for Love, not Fear...in honor of Boston.

Also, security is going to be VERY tight on race day.

Great shirt idea What marathon? My husband is going to run Burlington VT in couple of weeks as he didn't get to the finish line at Boston.
tabby1881 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: