Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #2251
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momontheright View Post
Do you mean that you don't agree with my opinions on what should be done with this innocent child or that we are all entitled to our own opinions on the subject matter? I really did not mean to cause such a raucous and I am not sure why all the outrage. Just because I strongly feel this child would be better off being completely removed from all of this does not make me an Ogar despite what a few people on here seem to think or to have so many question my parenting skills. It is just in my opinion in order for this sweet little girl to have a normal life she should be exposed to as little as possible to the evils of her father even if that means placing her with a family who could shield her from all of this and keep her identity a secret for a short time or permanently.
OK we understand your opinion. Can we move on now - this is a long running, informational thread most of us would like to keep open. You could always start another thread to discuss the merits of what you're suggesting.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #2252
momontheright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluva View Post
No, and I don't see anyone else that agrees either. I feel it is outrageous to take a child away from the only family she has ever known. Her mother may be innocent and her grandparents, as far as we know, did nothing wrong. I don't think you would hand overdue child if she was yours.
I put my children and their needs first and if I had to place my child with someone else until this madness was over I would absolutely put my own needs behind what I felt was best for them. I am sorry if you can't understand that or feel the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Belle View Post
I don't think many of us can understand how you could possibly want this little girl to not only lose her father (who sounds like he was the primary care giver), but then her mother, too, if the mother is not guilty. And even if she is, I would think the best solution would be for the girl to go to her grandparents. This poor little girl needs as much stability and familiarity as she can get right now.
Lots of children are taken away from their parents because of their inability to properly take care of them and I am sure those children love their parents dearly despite the situation. If we looked at it that way many kids would be left in unsafe neglectful homes. If her father was the primary care giver I would be curious to know what kind of neglect or abuse she was exposed to because I honestly can't see how a man who did the things he has could be kind, loving or attentive to anyone even his own child. I never said the parents would not be good care givers but the fact that the the news media has ascended on them like vultures and ave posted many pictures of them, their other daughter, and their granddaughter so they are easily recognizable right now. maybe the little girl could live with other family members until things calm down. If the mother did have any knowledge of this or helped in anyway then she should absolutely lose all rights to her child.
momontheright is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #2253
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momontheright

Do you mean that you don't agree with my opinions on what should be done with this innocent child or that we are all entitled to our own opinions on the subject matter? I really did not mean to cause such a raucous and I am not sure why all the outrage. Just because I strongly feel this child would be better off being completely removed from all of this does not make me an Ogar despite what a few people on here seem to think or to have so many question my parenting skills. It is just in my opinion in order for this sweet little girl to have a normal life she should be exposed to as little as possible to the evils of her father even if that means placing her with a family who could shield her from all of this and keep her identity a secret for a short time or permanently.
Lee Harvey Oswald's kids stayed with Marina and did just fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #2254
momontheright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
Lee Harvey Oswald's kids stayed with Marina and did just fine.

Yes but that was long before the internet, social media, and 24 hour news.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #2255
dogluva
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I put my children and their needs first and if I had to place my child with someone else until this madness was over I would absolutely put my own needs behind what I felt was best for them. I am sorry if you can't understand that or feel the same way.

Lots of children are taken away from their parents because of their inability to properly take care of them and I am sure those children love their parents dearly despite the situation. If we looked at it that way many kids would be left in unsafe neglectful homes. If her father was the primary care giver I would be curious to know what kind of neglect or abuse she was exposed to because I honestly can't see how a man who did the things he has could be kind, loving or attentive to anyone even his own child. I never said the parents would not be good care givers but the fact that the the news media has ascended on them like vultures and ave posted many pictures of them, their other daughter, and their granddaughter so they are easily recognizable right now. maybe the little girl could live with other family members until things calm down. If the mother did have any knowledge of this or helped in anyway then she should absolutely lose all rights to her child.
I Agree, this is getting off track. However, you don't know what you would do, you don't have a crystal ball. Move on, I don't agree an d it doesn't matter anyway.
dogluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #2256
EmJay2001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
No she's right. If hetr husband was growing mairjuana in those pots she'd never know until the police showed up at her door.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
LOL, reminds me of a story when I was growing up. My mom's friends son (he was and still is quite the character :P) was growing "plants" in his room. She thought it was so nice that he had a hobby and she would water them for him .

Last edited by EmJay2001; 05-01-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: spelling
EmJay2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #2257
momontheright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I Agree, this is getting off track. However, you don't know what you would do, you don't have a crystal ball. Move on, I don't agree an d it doesn't matter anyway.
I am pretty confident in what my actions would be.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #2258
MineMail
DIS Veteran

Three more arrests...
http://m.wcvb.com/news/police-3-more...w/-/index.html
MineMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #2259
dogluva
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am pretty confident in what my actions would be.
Yeah, you would hand over your baby to strangers because your so selfless so she could be shielded away from the press. I get it.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #2260
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Okay, I can spell! I meant to say, I don't agree with you.
Lmao it wasn't even close! Good old autocorrect!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #2261
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreUT View Post
Here is the Criminal Complaint. http://c.o0bg.com/rw/Boston/2011-202..._complaint.pdf

None of the information leading to these guys came from Tsarnaev directly; it was his texts. They determined the need to get rid of evidence because of their friendship.
Help out a terrorist? I have no sympathy for these idiots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
There was a photo of these friends on the news earlier. It was the same photo shown in an article about the friend with the Terrorista #1 plate. The article was about how the plate was a souvenir type gift and the timing was just really bad. So yeah, that guy with the plate is one of them.
I think, they've shown extremely bad judgement in more ways than one. But, it kinda shows where their heads are...
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #2262
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
There was a photo of these friends on the news earlier. It was the same photo shown in an article about the friend with the Terrorista #1 plate. The article was about how the plate was a souvenir type gift and the timing was just really bad. So yeah, that guy with the plate is one of them.
Not smart, to say the least.
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:11 AM   #2263
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes but that was long before the internet, social media, and 24 hour news.
Yes, but this little girl will probably have her surname changed to her mother's maiden name, which is quite a common name. And a year from now most of us will likely forget the name Tsarnaev anyhow. Oswald was a name that still lives in infamy.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Old 05-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #2264
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Most women who go to prison do not lose their parental rights. Someone else will have temporary custody. Their kids visit the mom in jail. If a woman gives birth in prison she can keep her baby with her. We only deprive people of their parental rights if they neglect or abuse their children.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #2265
dogluva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post

Lmao it wasn't even close! Good old autocorrect!
Thank you for realizing it was that and not me! Your instead of you're, that was me!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: