Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #2206
NaLisa
DIS Veteran
 
NaLisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by momontheright View Post
What agenda are you talking about? All I am saying is this kid deserves a normal life no matter what emotional implications it has on her mother. If it were me I would make sure my child was free and clear of any of this even if it meant not being able to raise her.
Seriously? If you discovered tomorrow that your husband was a radical Christian terrorist, and he killed innocent people, you would then give your three-year-old child up for adoption so she could have a "normal" life away from you, the rest of her family and the media spotlight? I find that hard to believe, and very sad if true.

What about the immediate yet long-term trauma of a young child losing her home, both parents, grandparents and friends? You think all that's outweighed by what you think is a need to have a "normal" life?

And she would grow up being very curious about her birth parents and asking all sorts of questions, so when do you tell her the truth? After the shock would come the feelings of betrayal and anger at both the family who gave you away and the adopted family that hid the truth from you. Not to mention the need to know her medical history.
__________________
Holding pattern
NaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #2207
momontheright
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaLisa View Post
Seriously? If you discovered tomorrow that your husband was a radical Christian terrorist, and he killed innocent people, you would then give your three-year-old child up for adoption so she could have a "normal" life away from you, the rest of her family and the media spotlight? I find that hard to believe, and very sad if true.

What about the immediate yet long-term trauma of a young child losing her home, both parents, grandparents and friends? You think all that's outweighed by what you think is a need to have a "normal" life?

And she would grow up being very curious about her birth parents and asking all sorts of questions, so when do you tell her the truth? After the shock would come the feelings of betrayal and anger at both the family who gave you away and the adopted family that hid the truth from you. Not to mention the need to know her medical history.
I am sorry what lead you to believe that we are even Christians? Yes I would make sure my child was as far away from this craziness as possible and if she is that young her memory of of this would most likely be obsolete. You make it sound like the act of adoption is a far worse event then living with the horrors of your parent/parents mistakes.
momontheright is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #2208
foreUT
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura66 View Post
I seriously cannot wrap my mind around you thinking that the mother - if proven innocent of any wrong doing - should give up her child because of this!

Oh - and I can totally see how she may not have known he was making bombs! My husband loves to garden while I do NOT! He putzes in the shed all year round and grows plants in a room of our basement. I never venture into either of those places so besides plants, lights, soil and such - I haven't a clue what's in there!
Sorry, but I am confused on how your husband's ability to garden in an outdoor shed or a room in a basement is comparable to Tsarnaev's ability to privately create multiple bombs in a crowded apt. Based on the comments of the woman who went to the apartment for facials from Tsarnaev's mother, the business was in the living room because of the lack of space.
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #2209
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories
 
skater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,599

Quote:
Originally Posted by momontheright View Post
Well obviously he wasn't a real prize so I am pretty sure if she can shake the stigma with what he has done she is much better off with out him.






I agree he was a piece of dirt, but that doesn't mean she won't grieve for him.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #2210
brockash
DIS Veteran
 
brockash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by momontheright View Post
I am sorry what lead you to believe that we are even Christians? Yes I would make sure my child was as far away from this craziness as possible and if she is that young her memory of of this would most likely be obsolete. You make it sound like the act of adoption is a far worse event then living with the horrors of your parent/parents mistakes.
I think it's pretty obvious that the pp was just giving you an example. Not to mention, that under the assumption that his wife didn't know about this extreme horrible side of him and what his plans were, even if you weren't Christians, the point could be made that maybe your DH was and you didn't know it.

Regardless, I'm shocked that any innocent parent would decide to give their child up for adoption after a tragedy like this. In a time and a situation that your child would probably need you the most, you would rather give them away, so they're out of the "spotlight" ???? That seems so bizarre, crazy and cruel to me. If my DH turned out to be a monster, there's no way in the world that I would then give my kids up for adoption to somehow make their life more "normal." This would seem to only create more problems and trauma for the children involved.
__________________
brockash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #2211
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran
 
Lorelei Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,637

I must say I am shocked at the turn this thread took.

Of course the child will stay with her mother, unless the mother is guikty and winds up in jail. Of course she'll stay wuth her living grandparents if she can't be with her mother. Why would it be otherwise? why is it even up for debate?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #2212
castmember19
DIS Veteran
 
castmember19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by momontheright View Post
I am sorry what lead you to believe that we are even Christians? Yes I would make sure my child was as far away from this craziness as possible and if she is that young her memory of of this would most likely be obsolete. You make it sound like the act of adoption is a far worse event then living with the horrors of your parent/parents mistakes.
I find it interesting that you are so sure of exactly how you would react and what you would do in the light of an unthinkable tragedy such as this.

It's just one of those things. You can say you'd react a certain way but you'll probably never know for sure unless it actually happens.
__________________

The world is a carousel of color.
castmember19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:59 AM   #2213
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?
 
Pea-n-Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Southeastern Coast of Massachusetts
Posts: 21,922

Body ready to be released.

Note the wife is being referred to by her maiden name now.

Quote:
Uncle: Family to claim Boston bomb suspect's body
By MICHELLE R. SMITH and ERIC TUCKER
Associated Press / May 1, 2013

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) Relatives of the dead suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing will claim his body now that his wife has agreed to release it, an uncle said as officials in both Washington and Russia deepened their investigations into him and his ties.

The body of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, has been at the medical examiners office in Massachusetts since he died after a gunfight with authorities more than a week ago.

Amato DeLuca, the Rhode Island attorney for his widow, Katherine Russell, said Tuesday that his client had just learned that the medical examiner was ready to release Tsarnaevs body and that she wants it released to his side of the family.

Police said Tsarnaev ran out of ammunition before his brother, 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, dragged his body under a vehicle while fleeing the scene. His cause of death has been determined but will not be made public until his remains are claimed.

Of course, family members will take possession of the body, uncle Ruslan Tsarni of Maryland told The Associated Press on Tuesday night. We'll do it. We will do it. A family is a family.

He would not elaborate. Tsarnaevs parents are still in Russia, but he has other relatives on his side of the family in the U.S., including Tsarni.

In Rhode Island, DeLuca said Tamerlan Tsarnaevs widow met with law enforcement for many hours over the past week and will continue cooperating. FBI agents on Monday visited her parents North Kingstown, R.I., home, where she has been staying, and carried away several bags.

Katherine and her family continue to be deeply saddened by the harm that has been caused, DeLuca said Tuesday.

Terrel Harris, a spokesman for the Department of Public Safety, said Tuesday evening that the state had not yet received Russells request to release her husbands body.

He said arrangements must be made to release the body and once that happens a death certificate will be filed and the cause of death made public. He said it is too soon to speculate on when that might happen.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/rho...UjI/story.html
__________________



Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #2214
dogluva
DIS Veteran
 
dogluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: north of Boston, MA
Posts: 1,654

Quote:
Originally Posted by momontheright View Post
I hope the family of this little girl does her a favor and does the selfless action of letting her live with a great family somewhere else so she does not have to always be known as the Boston Bomber's daughter. It would suck immensely to let go of your child/grandchild but in this case she would be better off knowing of none of this as she grows up or having to be associated with this family. I don't feel sorry for the mom at all she married this guy knowing he was abusive and controlling why did she go back to to dating him after she broke up with him for knocking this snot out of her much less marry him? It wasn't like she was some poor women with no other options by all accounts she came from a warm loving home with a family and many friends who cared for and would support her.
You cannot be serious! Put her up for adoption and take her away from the family she has has ever known? Do you even realize the trauma she would be put through? It would never happen anyway but I am shocked you, with a screen name with mother in it would even suggest such an absurd thing.
dogluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #2215
dogluva
DIS Veteran
 
dogluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: north of Boston, MA
Posts: 1,654

Quote:
Originally Posted by momontheright View Post

What agenda are you talking about? All I am saying is this kid deserves a normal life no matter what emotional implications it has on her mother. If it were me I would make sure my child was free and clear of any of this even if it meant not being able to raise her.
Yeah because you know exactly what you wold do in that situation! Really, you would just hand your child over to strangers? I don't believe it nor would I expect you too.
dogluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:57 AM   #2216
dogluva
DIS Veteran
 
dogluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: north of Boston, MA
Posts: 1,654

Quote:
Originally Posted by momontheright View Post

I am sorry what lead you to believe that we are even Christians? Yes I would make sure my child was as far away from this craziness as possible and if she is that young her memory of of this would most likely be obsolete. You make it sound like the act of adoption is a far worse event then living with the horrors of your parent/parents mistakes.
Adoption is not a bad thing, it's great but not in this situation, she has a family! Please, this such a ridiculous suggestion.
dogluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #2217
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 45,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura66 View Post
I seriously cannot wrap my mind around you thinking that the mother - if proven innocent of any wrong doing - should give up her child because of this!

Oh - and I can totally see how she may not have known he was making bombs! My husband loves to garden while I do NOT! He putzes in the shed all year round and grows plants in a room of our basement. I never venture into either of those places so besides plants, lights, soil and such - I haven't a clue what's in there!
Yes but you are aware he is gardening. You have just disproven your point with your example.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #2218
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran
 
Lorelei Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine

Yes but you are aware he is gardening. You have just disproven your point with your example.
No she's right. If hetr husband was growing mairjuana in those pots she'd never know until the police showed up at her door.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #2219
momontheright
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluva View Post
You cannot be serious! Put her up for adoption and take her away from the family she has has ever known? Do you even realize the trauma she would be put through? It would never happen anyway but I am shocked you, with a screen name with mother in it would even suggest such an absurd thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluva View Post
Yeah because you know exactly what you wold do in that situation! Really, you would just hand your child over to strangers? I don't believe it nor would I expect you too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluva View Post
Adoption is not a bad thing, it's great but not in this situation, she has a family! Please, this such a ridiculous suggestion.
Well that is the beauty of America we are entitled to our opinions and our own way of thinking. However it is somewhat amusing how judgmental some can be on a message board about each other.
momontheright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #2220
foreUT
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
No she's right. If hetr husband was growing mairjuana in those pots she'd never know until the police showed up at her door.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
If he was ranting about everyone's "right to be high" and posting videos of pot-proponents on YouTube, can't believe she would not have a bit of suspicion those plants with the unique leaves weren't marijuana. Plus, how does one compare hiding activities in outdoor buildings and basement rooms to their cramped living space in a small apartment?
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: