Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #2176
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by topolino

If I'm on a jury in a court of law, yes, the bolded applies. On the Disboards (or anywhere else outside of the court) we're all free to make all the accusations we want.
Not quite. There are still laws against defamation.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #2177
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabanafrau View Post
I saw some information yesterday that the authorities had located the mysterious Mischa, who was speculated to be a possible influence of Tamerlan's move to jihadist thinking. What I found interesting was the fact that Mischa now resides in Rhode Island, which I believe is also coincidentally the home of the wife's parents and reportedly frequent destination of Tamerlan and his wife.
I saw that also. (I think there was a story on the same link I posted last night.) It said that the Mischa connection was investigated and essentially dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegsag View Post
If she doesn't claim his body (and his parents don't come back to the US) then what happens to it?
There is a public cemetery in Cambridge in which indigent Cambridge citizens can be buried. I would imagine the grave would be publicly unmarked. (If they do claim his body, they could also pay for a burial there.) I don't know if cremation would be an option. If it were, it would have to be done in conjunction with someone in the family authorized to make such a decision, i.e. his wife; maybe others (? parents, from their home in Russia; ? brother, from jail ? father coming to U.S. to "take care of things", etc. It also has to be signed off on by the Medical Examiner.) I imagine if his body was cleared legally,they'd be good to go on it by now. I know if the body is going to stay in a funeral home for more than a week, they want to embalm. (We went through something similar in Cambridge not too long ago.)

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #2178
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

As to the "did the wife know"? It's possible she didn't, I suppose. My mother grew up in that neighborhood in Cambridge in the 1920s-30s. It is a "poor" neighborhood and the houses were old and rundown then. But my point is, the houses all have large cellars, and the cellars have "cold storage" rooms that could easily be a "hiding place" for bomb paraphernaila. If the wife didn't go down there much, she might not know what was hidden there. (Does anyone else wonder if Tamerian (?sp) wondered about his wife's loyalties, given she was American born? i.e. would she turn him in if she found out? I do.)

OTOH, there are little things like sales slips, credit card statements, bags from certain stores, things that fall out of bags in the car, time spent "tinkering in the cellar", hardware in pockets of clothes going in the wash, viewing history on computers, etc., that would/could easily make one suspect something was up, unless like some have said, she didn't want to know. But it's possible he was very good at hiding things, and with her working 70-80 hours a week and doing all the other things that moms do, she didn't see much, if anything. I also have to wonder, if she did know there were bombs in the house, would she be worried about the safety of her child and herself and others in the house? (I think she would.) So yes, it will be interesting to see what investigators turn up.

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Old 04-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #2179
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Why many people in America helped finance it and there is a difference they have evidence on the second bomber (why bring yourself down to his level by using daft names) and the attacks on the widow based on rumour. I am sure you are far to civilised to be joining these wanting the widow and child dead now are you not?
Seriously? This is actually funny coming from you. Perhaps you should use some of your own advice next time you go off on the Capobiancos
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #2180
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
Not quite. There are still laws against defamation.

Oh Lord... A personal opinion, judgement on a messageboard is not defamation... Good lord, what a stretch....
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #2181
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
The problem I have with such speculation . . .the court of public opinion is not bound by any sort of rules.

If Katherine Russel Tsarnaev is involved with the bombing, our speculating about her does no harm.

But if she is an innocent spouse she already has enough grief, and our speculation is only adding to it.

Sure, it's not the same kind of pain her husband inflicted on innocent bystanders. But our anger and outrage over the bombing should not lead us to cause an innocent woman pain. It's not an all-or-nothing proposition.

We haven't heard anything from law enforcement linking her to the crime. They're still investigating. So there isn't even a oubkic accusation. Yet she is being condemned.

Let's assume she's innocent. Didn't have a clue. Not charged with a crime. She's raising her child, the child of a dead terrorist. Would you want to make her life even more miserable than you know it's going to be? How does that get justice for the victims?

Of course, if the DNA they found on the pressure cooker is hers, this could all be moot.

I'm talking about freedom of thought, period. I said nothing beyond that. I said nothing about accusing her or anything else. I could be thinking the ugliest thoughts in the world about her or anybody else and it is my right to do so. If I take no actions to impose my thinking on anyone else I'm free to think any and all manner of horrible things.

I do think a thorough investigation of this woman is necessary and proper. Beyond that I have said nothing against her. How does my opinion or speculation harm her in the slightest? I'm not calling for any action against her in the least, simply investigation, same as they should come and investigate me if they uncover a connection to such a horrible crime.

I'm highly skeptical about the DNA on the pressure cooker tracing back to her. I'd like to know if they've only uncovered female DNA for starters. That seems a little unlikely at this point, as I imagine that sadly they've got pieces of pressure cookers, backpacks and shrapnel with DNA of as many as 200 people. People are angry, upset, afraid and on edge about this atrocity and as much as we'd like answers immediately, there's probably not going to be much forthcoming for a while. I'm not going to get all lathered up when the media slavers over a morsel of info from what I'm going to guess is an unnamed source saying they've found female DNA on a piece of a pressure cooker. If they turned around and could unequivocally state it is the wife's DNA, then I think there's something to be considered.

As I've said a few times, I want to know what an objective reconstruction of their day-to-day lives turns up. That's probably a whole lot more informative to the case.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #2182
momontheright
Mouseketeer

I hope the family of this little girl does her a favor and does the selfless action of letting her live with a great family somewhere else so she does not have to always be known as the Boston Bomber's daughter. It would suck immensely to let go of your child/grandchild but in this case she would be better off knowing of none of this as she grows up or having to be associated with this family. I don't feel sorry for the mom at all she married this guy knowing he was abusive and controlling why did she go back to to dating him after she broke up with him for knocking this snot out of her much less marry him? It wasn't like she was some poor women with no other options by all accounts she came from a warm loving home with a family and many friends who cared for and would support her.
momontheright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #2183
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

I believe it was his previous girlfriend that he hit, but (the bomber and his now-wife) may have been seeing eachother at that time (as the police report stated the fight was over "another woman").

There were also reports that one of the bomber's sisters was a victim of domestic violence (by her husband) and they subsequently divorced, I think.

OT but I can't imagine a mom giving up her daughter over this. I agree, it will stink to be known as the bomber's daughter, but what guarantee will there be that it won't still happen even if she goes to live with another family? The mom, if she's hopefully found to be innocent in this, will have to be strong and smart enough to forge out a life for herself and her daughter despite the tragedy that's befallen their family. Others have done it, and hopefully she can, too.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #2184
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
I believe it was his previous girlfriend that he hit, but (the bomber and his now-wife) may have been seeing eachother at that time (as the police report stated the fight was over "another woman").

There were also reports that one of the bomber's sisters was a victim of domestic violence (by her husband) and they subsequently divorced, I think.

OT but I can't imagine a mom giving up her daughter over this. I agree, it will stink to be known as the bomber's daughter, but what guarantee will there be that it won't still happen even if she goes to live with another family? The mom, if she's hopefully found to be innocent in this, will have to be strong and smart enough to forge out a life for herself and her daughter despite the tragedy that's befallen their family. Others have done it, and hopefully she can, too.
I'm pretty sure it was a different girlfriend. It seems there was an overlap where he was dating the two of them.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #2185
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
I'm pretty sure it was a different girlfriend. It seems there was an overlap where he was dating the two of them.
Not sure what you mean by "different"? I said "previous". I'm pretty sure I've read he went right from that relationship into the one with his wife. Didn't they marry in 2010? (Although I do think it was something his wife was aware of, as that arrest caused issues with his application for citizenship, which caused issues with his boxing career, etc.)

Quote:
Boston bombing suspect: Details of fight with girlfriend

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,5468770.story

Old 04-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #2186
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
Not sure what you mean by "different"? I said "previous". I'm pretty sure I've read he went right from that relationship into the one with his wife. Didn't they marry in 2010?
Different meaning not the wife. It seems he was dating both her (the one he smacked around) and the wife at the same ime
Old 04-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #2187
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
While she certainly MAY know something, I don't think she had to know something.

How many times does a wife get surprised to find her husband is cheating on her? Or has some other dark secret?
But, what if he is cheating on the dining room table? Being oblivious to bomb-making material (he had pipe bombs: why would anyone have pipes in their apartment?) for multiple pressure cooker and pipe bombs is a stretch, imo.
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #2188
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
Different meaning not the wife. It seems he was dating both her (the one he smacked around) and the wife at the same ime
That's what I said!

Quote:

Old 04-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #2189
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

You'd be surprised at the amount of spare parts and what I consider junk my husband has hanging around. I would never see it all and think that maybe he was building an explosive out of it.

The wife could very well have known about it and could very well have had no idea.

If I were the family/grandparents of that little girl and even if the wife was involved and was sent to jail, there is no way I would give away the child. And the wife is not implicated, why should she be expected to give away her own baby? I wouldn't.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #2190
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreUT View Post
But, what if he is cheating on the dining room table? Being oblivious to bomb-making material (he had pipe bombs: why would anyone have pipes in their apartment?) for multiple pressure cooker and pipe bombs is a stretch, imo.
I can think of several people I know personally who walked in on their spouse cheating on them in their own house. (And, yes, one was on the dining room table!) Heck, when I was in high school, one of my friends found out that his dad had a whole other family in a different state including two other school-age children. The family thought he had to travel to the "home office" for his job for weeks at a time. The other family didn't know about my friend's family either. It was quite the nightmare -- and everybody (previously) thought the dad was a really nice guy. Now we know he was just a really good liar.

I am not saying she's innocent, but in what's been published, I haven't seen anything that convinces me she's guilty as an accomplice -- or intentionally concealing evidence -- either, so lets wait and see what the investigation turns up before we crucify her. If she's guilty, I'll join everyone in calling for her head!

I'll go out and say it. If my husband wanted to he could probably:
1) open a credit card without my knowledge (at least for a while).
2) could buy inexpensive items like pressure cookers and BBs without me knowing about it.
3) could hide those items in our house without me finding them (at least for a while. I'm sure he knows which cupboards, closets and basement areas I frequently visit, and which areas I don't frequently visit.)

Of course, if he was openly building a bomb in the dining room, I'd be suspicious, but if he cleaned everything up before I got home and acted "normal", why would I be suspicious?

Last edited by design_mom; 04-30-2013 at 01:22 PM.
design_mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: