Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #2161
hegsag
Mouseketeer

What I am confused about is who was watching the daughter if mom was at work and Tamerlin was said to be watching his daughter (yet was out at the marathon & then again at MIT).

I think Katherine was absolutely scared to death of her husband & his family and that is why she was working 70 - 80 hours a week. If she doesn't claim his body (and his parents don't come back to the US) then what happens to it?
hegsag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #2162
NaLisa
DIS Veteran

I haven't read info about this anywhere, but when and from whom did she get her daughter back? The lawyer said wife left daughter with Tamerlan in the morning and then went to work. That was the last time she saw him. So where was the daughter when mom learned her husband was a suspect? She apparently got her daughter and drove to parents' house.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #2163
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
And you made it without knowing her side of the story.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Her husband and brother-in-law not only made moral judgments about dozens of people without knowing their sides of the story, they took it to the extreme of imposing their own punishment without consideration of legalities and legal defense.

Every one of us has the right to opine and condemn freely in our own minds as we choose. As long as we're not moving to take away anyone's life or liberty based on our thoughts, we're free to think as we please.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #2164
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaLisa View Post
I haven't read info about this anywhere, but when and from whom did she get her daughter back? The lawyer said wife left daughter with Tamerlan in the morning and then went to work. That was the last time she saw him. So where was the daughter when mom learned her husband was a suspect? She apparently got her daughter and drove to parents' house.
I believe I said much further upthread, if this woman had any knowledge or involvement, the proof is going to be in the mundane, day-to-day details of life. The daycare arrangements of the child are indeed going to be thoroughly investigated and may be the key to the mother's freedom.

I saw some information yesterday that the authorities had located the mysterious Mischa, who was speculated to be a possible influence of Tamerlan's move to jihadist thinking. What I found interesting was the fact that Mischa now resides in Rhode Island, which I believe is also coincidentally the home of the wife's parents and reportedly frequent destination of Tamerlan and his wife.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #2165
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabanafrau View Post
Her husband and brother-in-law not only made moral judgments about dozens of people without knowing their sides of the story, they took it to the extreme of imposing their own punishment without consideration of legalities and legal defense.

Every one of us has the right to opine and condemn freely in our own minds as we choose. As long as we're not moving to take away anyone's life or liberty based on our thoughts, we're free to think as we please.
What is the harm in waiting for evidence rather than rushing to judge? She is a young woman whose husband and brother in law have done something terrible until there is evidence that says she knew anything lets remember innocent until proven guilty. Its bad enough that the morons out on the web are calling for her and her daughter to be killed on this forum lets be logical about it. I know that in the UK we didn't blame the wives and family of IRA bombers (and dont forget much of this bombing was funded from America) so unless its proved she is part of the bombing let her alone.
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeeh...top-and-think/
One of the first world statesmen to send a message of sympathy to Boston after last weeks outrage was Gerry Adams, president of Sinn Fein. Just watching news of the explosion in Boston, he tweeted, Sympathy with people of that fine city. Mr Adams has every reason to think fondly of Boston. Throughout the troubles, while he sat on the IRA war council, Boston was one of the major American centres which he (through Noraid) could rely on for support and funding. Bostonian money would have been used to help pay for the IRA attack on Margaret Thatchers democratically elected government in Brighton, the grotesque Birmingham pub bombings that left 21 dead, and of course the Lisburn van bombing of 15 June 1988. On that terrible occasion six off-duty British soldiers were killed by an IRA bomb just after they had completed a half-marathon for charity.

By no means all Bostonians supported the IRA.deous attack, and the sympathy here in Britain has been universal. But it is not easy to draw the distinction between the horror inflicted on Boston last week and the IRA (and But far too many for comfort filled in the collecting tins that went round the bars of the south part of the city, where IRA terrorists were treated as heroes. This activity was smiled on by many local politicians, and overlooked for a time even by the FBI. Of course ones heart goes out to the dead and wounded from last weeks hi loyalist) atrocities of the Troubles. Yet US sympathisers are funding the Real IRA even today. In the light of last weeks horror, would it be too much to ask them to desist?
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #2166
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
What is the harm in waiting for evidence rather than rushing to judge? She is a young woman whose husband and brother in law have done something terrible until there is evidence that says she knew anything lets remember innocent until proven guilty. Its bad enough that the morons out on the web are calling for her and her daughter to be killed on this forum lets be logical about it. I know that in the UK we didn't blame the wives and family of IRA bombers (and dont forget much of this bombing was funded from America) so unless its proved she is part of the bombing let her alone.
I'm fully aware and supportive of the presumption of innocence . . . in a court of law -- and I'm not suggesting otherwise.

My point is we're all entitled to our thoughts and feelings, within our own minds. Her husband and brother-in-law were entitled to theirs, but not to inflict their judgment on others. It's fine to think she's involved, guilty or clueless. Of course to take any action against her guilt and involvement must be proven.

I'm sure it's possible to find folks in the UK who do indeed suspect wives and family of IRA bombers. Not sure what reported American funding has to do with this -- and I'd need a better source for that claim than the Daily Mail of course.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #2167
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeeh...top-and-think/
One of the first world statesmen to send a message of sympathy to Boston after last weeks outrage was Gerry Adams, president of Sinn Fein. Just watching news of the explosion in Boston, he tweeted, Sympathy with people of that fine city. Mr Adams has every reason to think fondly of Boston. Throughout the troubles, while he sat on the IRA war council, Boston was one of the major American centres which he (through Noraid) could rely on for support and funding. Bostonian money would have been used to help pay for the IRA attack on Margaret Thatchers democratically elected government in Brighton, the grotesque Birmingham pub bombings that left 21 dead, and of course the Lisburn van bombing of 15 June 1988. On that terrible occasion six off-duty British soldiers were killed by an IRA bomb just after they had completed a half-marathon for charity.

By no means all Bostonians supported the IRA.deous attack, and the sympathy here in Britain has been universal. But it is not easy to draw the distinction between the horror inflicted on Boston last week and the IRA (and But far too many for comfort filled in the collecting tins that went round the bars of the south part of the city, where IRA terrorists were treated as heroes. This activity was smiled on by many local politicians, and overlooked for a time even by the FBI. Of course ones heart goes out to the dead and wounded from last weeks hi loyalist) atrocities of the Troubles. Yet US sympathisers are funding the Real IRA even today. In the light of last weeks horror, would it be too much to ask them to desist?
people can gave an opinion about the wife. Last time I checked there's been no trial for scumbag 2 either. I guess you're going to hold out judgement on him because he would also be innocent until proven guilty.

Using this tragedy to make political statement disgusts me. The maimed and murdered people most likely had nothing to do with the IRA and even bringing it up is gross.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #2168
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
people can gave an opinion about the wife. Last time I checked there's been no trial for scumbag 2 either. I guess you're going to hold out judgement on him because he would also be innocent until proven guilty.

Using this tragedy to make political statement disgusts me. The maimed and murdered people most likely had nothing to do with the IRA and even bringing it up is gross.
Why many people in America helped finance it and there is a difference they have evidence on the second bomber (why bring yourself down to his level by using daft names) and the attacks on the widow based on rumour. I am sure you are far to civilised to be joining these wanting the widow and child dead now are you not?
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #2169
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

Wait, what?

I know threads here take turns towards unexpected places but the IRA? The Boston attack has as much to do with the past troubles as it does with the existence of unicorns. I'm not sure how one even evokes the thought of the other.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #2170
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post
Wait, what?

I know threads here take turns towards unexpected places but the IRA? The Boston attack has as much to do with the past troubles as it does with the existence of unicorns. I'm not sure how one even evokes the thought of the other.
Boston Irish -> funded IRA terrorists -> whose bombers' families not blamed -> unlike Tsarnaev family -> whose sons/spouse bombed Boston.

The reason why PaulaSB12 thought of the IRA is because that's what she thinks of when she hears the word "terrorist".
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #2171
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabanafrau

Yeah, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Tsarnaev brothers were active participants in a horrific crime and have earned our condemnation.

Katherine Russell Tsarnaev is a different case. The poster who condemned her basically said "She knew something was up and should have investigated." Essentially condemning her for her husband's crimes. Guilt by association.

I prefer to judge people by their own conduct.

(1) This woman may have been a willing participant in the crime. (2) Alternatively she may have known exactly what was going on but did nothing. (3) She may have known something was wrong but didn't investigate. (4) She may have been totally in the dark about what was going on in her own home.

Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #2172
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
Yeah, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Tsarnaev brothers were active participants in a horrific crime and have earned our condemnation.

Katherine Russell Tsarnaev is a different case. The poster who condemned her basically said "She knew something was up and should have investigated." Essentially condemning her for her husband's crimes. Guilt by association.

I prefer to judge people by their own conduct.

(1) This woman may have been a willing participant in the crime. (2) Alternatively she may have known exactly what was going on but did nothing. (3) She may have known something was wrong but didn't investigate. (4) She may have been totally in the dark about what was going on in her own home.

I'm good with people thinking freely as they wish, whether I agree with them or not. I'm not good with people deciding to make and detonate bombs to maim and kill other people for thinking differently than they do.

If people want to speculate about whether the wife was or wasn't involved, did or didn't know, so be it, rightly or wrongly. Simple speculation doesn't leave mourning, amputation or rehabilitation in its wake.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #2173
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Quote:
Why many people in America helped finance it and there is a difference they have evidence on the second bomber (why bring yourself down to his level by using daft names) and the attacks on the widow based on rumour. I am sure you are far to civilised to be joining these wanting the widow and child dead now are you not?
Calling him a name is bringing yourself down to his level? Nope,sorry, setting off a bomb, killing and maiming innocents is going down to his level.
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #2174
topolino
I don't mean those kind of gestures!
Not everything we eat needs to be healthy. Live a little!

Quote:
What is the harm in waiting for evidence rather than rushing to judge? She is a young woman whose husband and brother in law have done something terrible until there is evidence that says she knew anything lets remember innocent until proven guilty.
If I'm on a jury in a court of law, yes, the bolded applies. On the Disboards (or anywhere else outside of the court) we're all free to make all the accusations we want.
topolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #2175
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabanafrau

I'm good with people thinking freely as they wish, whether I agree with them or not. I'm not good with people deciding to make and detonate bombs to maim and kill other people for thinking differently than they do.

If people want to speculate about whether the wife was or wasn't involved, did or didn't know, so be it, rightly or wrongly. Simple speculation doesn't leave mourning, amputation or rehabilitation in its wake.
The problem I have with such speculation . . .the court of public opinion is not bound by any sort of rules.

If Katherine Russel Tsarnaev is involved with the bombing, our speculating about her does no harm.

But if she is an innocent spouse she already has enough grief, and our speculation is only adding to it.

Sure, it's not the same kind of pain her husband inflicted on innocent bystanders. But our anger and outrage over the bombing should not lead us to cause an innocent woman pain. It's not an all-or-nothing proposition.

We haven't heard anything from law enforcement linking her to the crime. They're still investigating. So there isn't even a oubkic accusation. Yet she is being condemned.

Let's assume she's innocent. Didn't have a clue. Not charged with a crime. She's raising her child, the child of a dead terrorist. Would you want to make her life even more miserable than you know it's going to be? How does that get justice for the victims?

Of course, if the DNA they found on the pressure cooker is hers, this could all be moot.

Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: