Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #2131
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
What is the connection with Boston & Sweet Caroline? Is it Caroline Kennedy?
Its just a song they started playing years ago when the Sox were winning. It caught on. When the new owners took over it became a tradition to play it at every game.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #2132
MineMail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
What is the connection with Boston & Sweet Caroline? Is it Caroline Kennedy?
Yes, Neil Diamond wrote the song with her in mind.
MineMail is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #2133
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineMail

Yes, Neil Diamond wrote the song with her in mind.
Actually . . .he didn't say that until long after the song became popular at Fenway.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #2134
momontheright
Mouseketeer

Anyone else her reports that the little bomber is rolling the bus big time on his SIL. I heard she was the one who tipped them off and kept them up to date on what was going on. I really think she knew and if what the brother is saying is true I hope she is punished and has her child taken away from her. Poor little girl would be better off with a new identity and a new family so none of this is ever connected to her.
momontheright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #2135
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momontheright
Anyone else her reports that the little bomber is rolling the bus big time on his SIL. I heard she was the one who tipped them off and kept them up to date on what was going on. I really think she knew and if what the brother is saying is true I hope she is punished and has her child taken away from her. Poor little girl would be better off with a new identity and a new family so none of this is ever connected to her.
Little girl will probably wind up with her grandparents if her mother goes to prison. The grandparents already put their Rhode Island home up for sale.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #2136
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
Little girl will probably wind up with her grandparents if her mother goes to prison. The grandparents already put their Rhode Island home up for sale.

Wow! I didn't know any of this. So I'm guessing the sister in law is involved?
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #2137
Denise W
Boardwalk DVC Member

Actually the house was in the process of going on the market prior to the bombings, the for sale sign happened to go up the day after. That was confirmed by the local real estate agent. So it appears to be a coincidence, although I would probably want to leave the area if I was in that situation.

Denise
Denise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #2138
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momontheright View Post

Wow, now there's a shocker. Just launch the whole pathetic family (minus the child) into a volcano, whoever gets out is free.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #2139
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

We will see if there is any evidence of this, I heard the older brothers coach saying he didnt reconise him from the picture. Also if his wife was working they can find out if the younger bomber is telling the truth or trying to drop someone else to save his own neck. Innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited by PaulaSB12; 04-27-2013 at 11:10 PM.
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #2140
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
We will see if there is any evidence of this, I heard the older brothers coach sampling he didnt reconise him from the picture. Also if his wife was working they can find out if the younger bomber is telling the truth or trying to drop someone else to save his own neck. Innocent until proven guilty.
I agree. I hope any/all guilty parties are brought to justice, but it bothers me that so many are quick to think she must have been in on it without any evidence,

"Tipping off" Tamerlan to the fact that the police had released his photo doesn't necessarily mean she knowingly helped them avoid capture. The conversation could have gone something like:

Katherine: "Tamerlan, are you watching the news? The FBI just released pictures of the marathon bombing suspects. One of them looks a lot like you, but you weren't even at the marathon, right?"
Tamerlan (lying): "Of course not, honey. You know I was at home watching the baby."
K: "Good. That's what I thought. It must be someone else. See you when I get off work" (hangs up)
T (to Dzhokhar): "We've gotta get outta here!"

ETA: I do think she has some things to answer for, like "If the brothers went on the run while you were at work, and Tamerlane was supposed to be watching the baby, how did you know where to find the baby when you got off work? Did he tell you he was leaving?" etc.

Last edited by design_mom; 04-27-2013 at 09:28 PM.
design_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #2141
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise W
Actually the house was in the process of going on the market prior to the bombings, the for sale sign happened to go up the day after. That was confirmed by the local real estate agent. So it appears to be a coincidence, although I would probably want to leave the area if I was in that situation.

Denise
I'd want to leave, too. I've been to Kingston, RI. It's a very rural community, there's nothing there except farms, golf courses and the University of Rhode Island. Sounds like the kind of place where everyone in town knows everyone else. . .and therefore knows everyone else's business.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #2142
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

More on Mom

APNewsBreak: Russia had wiretap on bomb suspect

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. officials say Russian authorities secretly recorded a conversation in 2011 in which one of the Boston bombing suspects vaguely discussed jihad with his mother.

Officials say a second call was recorded between the suspects’ mother and a man under FBI investigation living in southern Russia.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the ongoing case.

They say the Russians shared this intelligence with the U.S. in the past few days.

The conversations are significant because, had they been revealed earlier, there might have been enough evidence for the FBI to initiate a more thorough investigation of the Boston bombing suspects’ family.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...DSP/story.html

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #2143
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Suspect also moved from "cushy" hospital room to federal prison cell.

Boston bomb suspect in small cell with steel door (fitting )

Quote:
AYER, Mass. (AP)  The Boston Marathon bombing suspect is being held in a small cell with a steel door at a federal medical detention center about 40 miles outside the city.

A federal official describes the conditions under which 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) is being held in the facility after being moved there from a hospital Friday.

Federal Medical Center Devens spokesman John Collauti said Tsarnaev is in secure housing where authorities can monitor him. His cell has a solid steel door with an observation window and a slot for passing food and medication.

Collauti wouldnt discuss specific details related to Tsarnaev but said normally medical workers monitor the inmates. He said guards keep an eye on some cells with video cameras.

Tsarnaevs mother said the bombing allegations against him are lies.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #2144
allison443
DIS Veteran

I read that the brothers uncle (the one who came out and called them "losers") was married to the daughter of a CIA agent and lived with the agent at his house for about a year.

The NYTimes had an article about the dead brother's life. He was a competitive boxer in the Golden Gloves but then they changed the rules to bar non-citizens so he couldn't compete anymore. He also had an arrest for domestic violence-supposedly slapped a girlfriend in the face during an argument. Also he and his wife received public assistance and food stamps for a period of time. She worked as a home health aide. I guess he didn't work?
Here's the link if anyone's interested:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/us...reeled.html?hp
allison443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #2145
momontheright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
Wow, now there's a shocker. Just launch the whole pathetic family (minus the child) into a volcano, whoever gets out is free.
I am not sure where you are coming from with your comments. I think if the mom was involved then she should absolutely lose custody of her child. This little girl should not have to live the the rest of her life as the daughter of the Boston Bomber. She should have a chance at a normal life and living with a family who has been plastered all over the place for the last 2 weeks isn't helping any.Oh and your right many people in that family are pathetic starting with the 2 suspects, their crazy mother , and the wife for marrying a man who once beat her up.
momontheright is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: