Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #16
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacClemsons View Post
The vagueness of the CMs drives me crazy. We made a special trip to meet the fairies. We waited in line twice on Monday for about 2 hours total. Just me and 3 kids (6, 8, & 9). they have really been troopers. We had 3 fairies to meet (Rosetta, Iridessa, and Silvermist).

After 2 times through line, We finally got Rosetta, whom I understand is the regular greeter with Tink but we usually don't come to WDW in Spring.

Tues morning we were first in line. Got Iridessa but were disappointed that Silvermist wasn't there even after we got back in line after the 10am switch. Terrence again.

We will be at RD Wed. If we don't get Silvermist, I may cry...or go to guest relations. Then we are headed home.

I wish I could say this is the last time I plan a trip for LTM.
I know what you mean, but the schedules of the fairies are tough for them too. The CMs working the queue cannot tell you definitively who's there because they very well may change before you get into the room. If they're wrong, they'll almost certainly have some upset guests.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #17
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

This afternoon, about 4pm, we met Tink, Iridessa, Vidia and Rosetta.
At the time we got in line, the wait was posted as 25 minutes. When we left, it was posted as 60 minutes.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #18
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The vagueness of the CMs drives me crazy. We made a special trip to meet the fairies. We waited in line twice on Monday for about 2 hours total. Just me and 3 kids (6, 8, & 9). they have really been troopers. We had 3 fairies to meet (Rosetta, Iridessa, and Silvermist).

After 2 times through line, We finally got Rosetta, whom I understand is the regular greeter with Tink but we usually don't come to WDW in Spring.

Tues morning we were first in line. Got Iridessa but were disappointed that Silvermist wasn't there even after we got back in line after the 10am switch. Terrence again.

We will be at RD Wed. If we don't get Silvermist, I may cry...or go to guest relations. Then we are headed home.

I wish I could say this is the last time I plan a trip for LTM.
I'm so sorry. I'd be disappointed too. That is just nuts. There has to be a better way.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
PrincessKida
Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Explorer

I agree with the complaints, but the "it could change at any moment" story is 100% accurate. On our 3rd attempt, one of the CMs came over and asked if we were looking for anyone specific. I think he asked to make sure we weren't magically looking for say Periwinkle. When we said Terence he while maintaining it could change should be okay. Well we got there and Terence was not in there. After our 3rd dejection for Terence a different CM asked us who we were looking for. I appreciate this, I think they are trying to inform people the most magical way that they are all not there. It's disappointing and hard. I have good feelings for tomorrow on my Silvermist front since she has not been seen yet. I don't think I'll be seeing Iridessa tomorrow, which I am fine with however I REALLY wish I knew what day this Fri/Sat/Sun she will be there. I am content going through that room 6 times on one of those days to meet her. I have to be there on Saturday because I have CRT breakfast reservations(!- Sorry that's a super treat for a college kid) but if she's not there Saturday, I could go back Sunday and her still not be there. That's what is killing me. Fairy roulette is annoying to me but I can do annoying if at least I know the character I am looking for is there, I'm just timing it wrong. The character not being there and the hour drive to and from WDW ... not so willing on that one.

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
PrincessKida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #20
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry I didn't see this last night - Silvermist will NOT be there at Rope Drop this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKida View Post
It's disappointing and hard. I have good feelings for tomorrow on my Silvermist front since she has not been seen yet.
Silvermist has the least amount of appearances scheduled - she will be the hardest one to get.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #21
PrincessKida

Around 1:35 I met Tink, Iridessa, Vidia and Rosetta. The other set is Terence, Tink, Vidia and Fawn. Will be trying again later. Line was 70 mins. Totally brutal.

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
Old 04-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #22
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKida View Post
Around 1:35 I met Tink, Iridessa, Vidia and Rosetta. The other set is Terence, Tink, Vidia and Fawn. Will be trying again later. Line was 70 mins. Totally brutal.
Ick. I sure hope it pays off for you!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #23
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

Why are they making it so difficult? What is so hard about either:

1) Having a SET SCHEDULE so people know who they are going to see...
2) Have all 7 together in a group photo like the 7 Dwarves do at MNSSHP and MVMCP

It's almost like they (whomever "they" may be) enjoy making guests dance like puppets on a string. Getting in line 3 times hoping to get the right fairy at the right time.

Quick, pull the strings again - Dance, Disney guests, dance -MWAH HA HA!!!!

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
jhaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #24
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post

2) Have all 7 together in a group photo like the 7 Dwarves do at MNSSHP and MVMCP

It's almost like they (whomever "they" may be) enjoy making guests dance like puppets on a string. Getting in line 3 times hoping to get the right fairy at the right time.

I don't get it either. They had a much better setup last week at DLR for Long Lost Friends week. 10 groups. 5 meeting spots. Groups alternated every 30 minutes. Easy Peasy.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #25
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post

the fairy roulette was the main problem with the meet/ greet at ToonTown. I won't even horrify you with how many times we stood in that line each trip to try and catch each fairy. A few times a kind CM would seeing us for the umpteeth time ask who we were looking for and help out with a suggested time the fairy might fly in. Then I just had to try to get in line at about the right point.

To me Epcot Fairy meet/ greet worked better because it had 2 separate lines - as I recall they were for Rosetta and Vidia and another one for Tink and Terrance. It was a pain to stand in 2 different lines at 2 different points during the day (times were posted and they closed the line when it was full). But at least we knew we'd meet everyone (the 2 fairies were out together).

The way Tinker's Nook is set up now they just can't effectively let you know exactly who you are going to meet. We've had great luck (at Tinker's Nook) asking CMs if "x" fairy is likely to fly in today - when we're looking for someone specific. If the answer is point blank "no she's not expected today" then we know not to bother to stand in line. Hopefully that makes sense.
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #26
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

If you are in MK, I just saw a post on Facebook that Silvermist is there! Or, at least within the last hour!!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #27
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso
If you are in MK, I just saw a post on Facebook that Silvermist is there! Or, at least within the last hour!!
Thanks. Thought I overheard a CM whisper to the guest in front of me something about 5:30pm. We were driving home today. Had I known for sure we could have met her today, we would have stayed. But I was doing this alone with 3 kids. We went through that line 6 times!

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #28
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Just got home - line was listed as 60 minutes, much closer to only 30-40, it was really moving!

Met PrincessKida in line and had a great time chatting!

In the end I was able to catch all 7; here is my breakdown:

Tuesday morning at Rope Drop, 10-15 min wait: Tink, Iridessa, Vidia, Rosetta
Wednesday evening at 9:20, 30-40 min wait: Tink, Silvermist, Terrence, Fawn

If you scroll to the bottom of this page, you'll see my 4 fairy photos:

LIMITED TIME MAGIC
Old 04-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #29
PrincessKida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Just got home - line was listed as 60 minutes, much closer to only 30-40, it was really moving!

Met PrincessKida in line and had a great time chatting!

In the end I was able to catch all 7; here is my breakdown:

LIMITED TIME MAGIC
It was great meeting you too!

This morning I waited about an hour to meet Iridessa. Got in line at like 12:45, met her around 1:35. Silvermist we got in line for around 9:30. Met her like 10:10. All done! So happy!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #30
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

When is it posted as to what the Limited Time Magic is for the next week? Does anyone know if they might end the fairies' appearances into next week?
I see on the WDW website that it ends on the 21st (Sunday).
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: