Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Buckeye Princess
DIS Veteran

Any reports on Limited Time Magic Fairies Week?

I am considering making a trip tomorrow so I'm super eager to hear about it. Have there been any reports from today posted anywhere? I am wondering if you get to meet them all or if they rotate and you don't know until you are back in the room who is actually there. My daughter has never met Fawn and Iridessa so those are the two she is hoping for. I just hope we don't have to keep cycling through again and again.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
WDsMouse
Disney Fan

Wondering the Same Thing

I was hoping to see some reports as well - are they all together or do they rotate? We haven't met Rosetta or Iridessa, but met all the others a few years back.

I was also wondering if they will be signing autographs or just handing out cards, like the princes and princesses did during Valentine's week?
WDsMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Princess View Post
I am considering making a trip tomorrow so I'm super eager to hear about it. Have there been any reports from today posted anywhere? I am wondering if you get to meet them all or if they rotate and you don't know until you are back in the room who is actually there. My daughter has never met Fawn and Iridessa so those are the two she is hoping for. I just hope we don't have to keep cycling through again and again.
Short answer: this is Fairy Roulette. Reportedly 4 fairies are meeting at a time in Tink's normal location. Tink is almost always one of them, but the other three rotate. These other three will not be known until you walk into the room and see them. Some fairies are meeting some days, other fairies are meeting other days. To meet all 7 (which is all but Periwinkle), you will need to go multiple times on multiple days and have an enormous amount of luck and/or patience. I'm glad DD's managed to meet them all in past years, because I have very little luck and not enough patience.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
PrincessKida
Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Explorer

Today the sets where the same- Fawn Tink Vidia with Rosetta and Terence switching. I unfortunately have tried 3 times and gotten the Rosetta set 3 times. Wouldn't keep bothering except we have not met Terence before. After him We still need Iridessa(never met) and Silvermist(met at Epcot last week) and they are not here today. We are trying again on Weds and Sat. No scheduled Periwinkle but a CM told us that she could, could being important there, possibly pop up should certain forces align but... Don't count on it. Don't count on any of them really. I wouldn't get your heart set on any of them unless its Tink. Just enjoy meeting some rare fairies.

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
PrincessKida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
Buckeye Princess
DIS Veteran

That is a shame. I don't think I'll be going over then. Waiting in a long line for a small chance with just me and a 4 yr old, 2 year old, and 4 month old does not quite sound worth it.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKida View Post
I unfortunately have tried 3 times and gotten the Rosetta set 3 times.
What time of day did you try? How long were the waits? I haven't seen any reports on the lines yet.

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #7
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

I went through the line 3 times today (twice for me, and once for my friend).

#1- went at rope drop. I was the first in line! I met Tink and Fawn, Rosetta and Vidia

#2- got in line around 9:50, and waited about 25 minutes. Met Tink and Fawn, Terence and Vidia

#3- me and my friend got in line about 3:53. We waited about 30-35 minutes. Met Tink and Fawn, Terence and Vidia.

I plan on going back Wed evening, Friday morning, and possibly Sat evening and Sun afternoon/evening (I have a good feeling I'll be able to get Iridessa and Silvermist)
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #8
PrincessKida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
What time of day did you try? How long were the waits? I haven't seen any reports on the lines yet.

Thanks!
From 1:30- 4ish, We just had terrible luck and got the same set (same friends) 3 times. No matter how we diced it our timing just didn't work out. We stopped by later in the night and were able to meet Terence, who was now switching with Fawn instead of Rosetta it seemed. Waits hovered on the sign from 45 mins to an hour all day althought I say 35-45 mins was about what we waited each attempt. We went back for the last set of the night at 10 and there was about 30 mins. We will be back on Weds after 12:30 and on Saturday (all day) in hopes of Iridessa and Silvermist. Could come Friday or Sunday if I think we might not get to meet them. To be honest even though fairy roulette caused me a long time today, I had a great time and the interactions were top notch- Here are my favorites from the day.

First time meeting Fawn!

...and Terence!

While we have met Vidia and Rosetta before they were great together. This friend of Rosetta is just amazing-we've had her numerous times before andwe love her. Vidia was in her best Vidia form, though she liked the purple on me so we were cool.

When we stopped by at closing, these 2 held on to us for a good 5 mins and made me itemize exactly what we did while we were away. They were not happy with Disney that Splash Mountain was down but they were concerned our wings could of gotten wet. With interactions like this I don't mind the waits and the numerous attempts. 2 thumbs up Disney Entertainment Dept.

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
Old 04-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #9
Disney Dad 88
Mouseketeer

Great pictures, thanks for the detailed update.
Disney Dad 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #10
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

It sounds like the interaction was great. But how insane that they continue to set things up like this. COME ON DISNEY! Think like a character fan! Why do you do this to them?

From what I understand at DLR last week they had 10 sets of characters rotating through their Long Lost Friends week. They rotated roughly every 30 minutes. If you got to the front and they hadn't switched out yet, you could let others pass so you could see who you wanted. Is that REALLY so hard?

I'm sorry, this is just stupid.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

I just went through and met tink, Rosetta, vidia, and iridessa. I do not plan on going through again until tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #12
PrincessKida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
I just went through and met tink, Rosetta, vidia, and iridessa. I do not plan on going through again until tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Awesome! Iridessa is the last fairy I have to meet. Hope she's there tomorrow or Saturday. How bad were the lines? I can never get there this early unfortunately.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #13
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

I was there at Rope Drop, so my wait was less than 10-15 minutes. It was nice not having them sign, I could feel line moving faster than it usually does. Also, the advertised start time is 9:15 - but they were going by the time I got there at 9:05. I made the post above while waiting in line at Enchanted Tales, so I got through and made it to Maurice's Cottage by 9:30.

As the light fairy - generally speaking your chances to meet Iridessa are better during the day rather than after sun down
Old 04-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #14
PrincessKida

If anybody is a fan of trip reports or ramblings, you can check out my day report here ( http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly...eek-day-1.html )

Old 04-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #15
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

The vagueness of the CMs drives me crazy. We made a special trip to meet the fairies. We waited in line twice on Monday for about 2 hours total. Just me and 3 kids (6, 8, & 9). they have really been troopers. We had 3 fairies to meet (Rosetta, Iridessa, and Silvermist).

After 2 times through line, We finally got Rosetta, whom I understand is the regular greeter with Tink but we usually don't come to WDW in Spring.

Tues morning we were first in line. Got Iridessa but were disappointed that Silvermist wasn't there even after we got back in line after the 10am switch. Terrence again.

We will be at RD Wed. If we don't get Silvermist, I may cry...or go to guest relations. Then we are headed home.

I wish I could say this is the last time I plan a trip for LTM.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: