Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanieboy View Post
WOW! Not at all what i expected...it's unfortunate that it's so expensive. That is completely out of my price range. I was just hoping for a romantic gesture, not another huge debt. Other suggestions???
You definitely don't need to have a ceremony performed to gather your family around you and do your thing...

*******May I suggest, doing it somewhere Disney does not offer these services, like in your room or on your balcony, I know First hand that this is acceptable even by Disney and you would have no chance of "getting in trouble" for doing it, you could also have one of your family members become certified for vow renewing*****************
Old 04-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #17
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
Exotic Rasul. Darn shame I missed that information for our last cruise in November. I'll keep that one in mind for our next one!
I know many people love thle exotic rasul.......WE PRETTY MUCH HATED EVERY MINUTE WE COULD STAND, even left early.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
dizzi
DIS Veteran

A subtle surprise can go along way!

I am sure any gesture you give your wife, she will remember fondly forever!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #19
seanieboy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
A subtle surprise can go along way!

I am sure any gesture you give your wife, she will remember fondly forever!
I know she'll appreciate the gesture. I want it to be something special for "us" considering we are going with a party of 5 adults and 4 kids and much of the time will be spent all together since its kind of a bon voyage to some of our family moving to Italy. I want her to have a special memory of the cruise that involves just the two of us.
seanieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #20
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

I am not sure where you will be going but this might be an option http://www.dolphinencounters.com/programs-weddings.php not sure how much it cost.

Last edited by Feisty Fairy; 04-15-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Feisty Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #21
seanieboy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Fairy View Post
I am not sure where you will be going but this might be an option http://www.dolphinencounters.com/programs-weddings.php not sure how much it cost.
Thanks for the info...we will be in Cozumel and Grand Cayman though, not the Bahamas.
seanieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #22
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanieboy View Post
Yes, but i'm just looking for a renewal of vows...something simple and romantic that she will never forget
1. Does she want a renewal? Some people definitely don't "believe" in it, so make sure it's something she likes.

2. You said that this is a family trip as you say goodbye to family members that are moving; is it possible that having an official renewal might annoy other family members?

3. If this is just about the two of you, maybe you could simply order some champagne (if you guys drink) and some treats to the stateroom, and take some time to yourselves on the balcony to have a personal renewal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
...you could also have one of your family members become certified for vow renewing*****************
I'm not sure such a thing exists, nor does it need to. Being licensed to marry means you can legally turn in the paperwork to the state; that doesn't happen with renewals, so there's no need.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #23
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Our friends got married on Grand Cayman so you must be able to have a vow renewal too.

Just look up hotels near the port and see if they offer a renewal service. I think you'd be looking at around $500 so not bad at all.

Just a point regarding weddings onboard. The actual ceremony when sailing from Port Canaveral is that you get married while the ship is still in the port, but onboard, not shoreside. The ceremony is performed by a local minister who then leaves the ship before it sails. That's the legal ceremony over and done with .. The ceremony performed by the Captain is not a legal ceremony, it's just a 'show' ceremony, but one that most couples count as their official ceremony.

For Vow Renewals, you just miss the legal ceremony .. The Captain (normally) would perform a renewal ceremony for you both. It is expensive to have a ceremony onboard, but if you like the idea of a beach renewal, then definitely have a look at hotels near the ports you will go too.

We have a DCL Wedding and Vow Renewal thread on the wedding forum part of the Disboards if you need any further help.

Joa
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #24
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

I may be old fashioned but IMO there's a huge difference (emotionally and otherwise) between my husband surprising me with a Vow Renewal (*tears*) and uh, the Exotic Rasul.

I like the previous poster's idea of checking out whether certain Port/Beach hotels have Vow Renewal options.

OP--are you going to actually "surprise" her? B/C if you truly don't tell her until she gets on the ship, the 1st thing she'll worry about is whether she's brought her something to wear for the renewal Maybe give her a small heads up or something.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #25
son3disfan
DIS Veteran

To the OP,

We are celebrating our 20th anniversary this year, and I ordered the video/ package for vow renewal onboard the ship.
Very , very expensive , so we decided to pass and use the money on some exciting excursions in Alaska.
The vow renewal on board looked absolutely beautiful for anyone that decides to do it.
I love the idea of vow renewal, so instead of spending the money on that, we decided to do our own thing.
We both wrote out vows to surprise each other with on board, and ordered a special bottle of champagne . We hope to sneak out to the secret deck 7 , and share our vows, have the champagne and then spend our dinner at Palo that night.
We understand that others might be on the deck, so even if we sneak away somewhere private, we are ok with that. A balcony would be lovely, unfortunately we are not booked in one for this trip.( maybe an upgrade at the port, I will have to wait and see!)
Maybe you might want to share your ideas with her...I know I would want to know. Especially if other family was there.
There are so many romantic things you can do onboard!

Good luck!

DISNEY CRUISES:
Wonder2008/ Magic Eastern2009
Magic Western2010/Wonder Mexican Riviera2011
Magic Eastern2012/ Wonder Alaska2013
son3disfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #26
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanieboy

How did this come about???
The Vr and full ceremony are almost identical. DCL offers an officer though the Capt will perform the ceremony if his schedule permits it. For us Capt John was on vacation and we got the acting first officer. Capt Thord was busy at the time otherwise we would have gotten him.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #27
BEYONCE
Mouseketeer

Why don't you just plan a romantic evening at palo or remy, some drinks, maybe a romantic stroll around the boat and possibly a surprise from the gift shop? ( a purse, jewelry a ring? )
They can wrap it for you and make it look great, if you have a balcony you can even enjoy some wine out there
BEYONCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #28
anna08
DIS Veteran

If I were to ever renew vows, it would be at Little Palm Island resort in the Keys. Just go for two nights. Totally not a cruise option, but check it out. Truly lovely. Fantastic dinners on the beach, bungalows with ocean breezes and NO electronics. I'm sure it's not cheap, but it's the one resort I dream about going back to.

Remy is very romantic. I would book a spa treatment for two at 5pm on Castaway Cay day (gets all that sand off,) Remy for dinner at 7pm and do the wine pairings. Ask ahead of time to be seated in one of the "booth" tables where you share a half-circle seat and face the ocean together.

Congrats to you to keeping the romance alive!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:00 AM   #29
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by son3disfan View Post
To the OP,

We are celebrating our 20th anniversary this year, and I ordered the video/ package for vow renewal onboard the ship.
Very , very expensive , so we decided to pass and use the money on some exciting excursions in Alaska.
The vow renewal on board looked absolutely beautiful for anyone that decides to do it.
I love the idea of vow renewal, so instead of spending the money on that, we decided to do our own thing.
We both wrote out vows to surprise each other with on board, and ordered a special bottle of champagne . We hope to sneak out to the secret deck 7 , and share our vows, have the champagne and then spend our dinner at Palo that night.
We understand that others might be on the deck, so even if we sneak away somewhere private, we are ok with that. A balcony would be lovely, unfortunately we are not booked in one for this trip.( maybe an upgrade at the port, I will have to wait and see!)
Maybe you might want to share your ideas with her...I know I would want to know. Especially if other family was there.
There are so many romantic things you can do onboard!

Good luck!
Honestly, Deck 7 isn't that nice and people eating out on BBB can see you (it's also sort of loud).

I see you're going to Alaska right? I would book the slightly expensive Couples spa suite with the deck and jacuzzi tub. Tell the CMs what you plan on doing so that you get alone time on the balcony beforehand to do your vows. After that, you can do champagne/strawberries and a couples massage. All for like, $500
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #30
son3disfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Honestly, Deck 7 isn't that nice and people eating out on BBB can see you (it's also sort of loud).

I see you're going to Alaska right? I would book the slightly expensive Couples spa suite with the deck and jacuzzi tub. Tell the CMs what you plan on doing so that you get alone time on the balcony beforehand to do your vows. After that, you can do champagne/strawberries and a couples massage. All for like, $500
Ohhh....I like that idea!
DH is not a spa guy ( I have booked many) but he might like this. Didn't know there was a spa treatment with a private deck. I have done alone time with a jacuzzi tub, but not a deck.
We have not been on the secret deck 7, so thanks for the info. We just assumed it was quite and private.

DISNEY CRUISES:
Wonder2008/ Magic Eastern2009
Magic Western2010/Wonder Mexican Riviera2011
Magic Eastern2012/ Wonder Alaska2013
son3disfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: