Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 02:14 AM   #61
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Have a great time parasailing. The staff are amazing there and you will love it just don't look straight down!

For me it was totally outside my comfort zone but it was such a rush of adrenaline I really want to it again now plus the views are amazing!

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:16 AM   #62
luke
Señor Mejor

This is definitely making me want to not do any theme parks next time and just see all the area has to offer

Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 03:32 AM   #63
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
This is definitely making me want to not do any theme parks next time and just see all the area has to offer

We were talking about this yesterday, I think we might renew our Disney AP once more then after they expire next year do a trip or two with no Disney (just Busch & SW) and explore more, then consider another cruise on the Disney Magic when its had its refurb.

Enjoy your parasailing, Matt loved doing it on his 18th Birthday last year. You will have an amazing time.
Did the Sweet Toms on 192 have as much choice as the others? Our friends who live there told us that it doesn't, they prefer the LBV location, we prefer North Idrive but its a bit of a trek.
Not liking sound of the bacon specials.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Last edited by wayneg; 04-29-2013 at 08:02 AM.
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:38 AM   #64
luke
Señor Mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post

We were talking about this yesterday, I think we might renew our Disney AP once more then after they expire next year do a trip or two with no Disney (just Busch & SW) and explore more, then consider another cruise on the Disney Magic when its had its refurb.
Pretty much our thoughts exactly. A cruise for the disney fix, offsite stuff for the Orlando fix.

When Joseph is older wdw will be back but for any foreseeable trips it's just wasn't worth it (compared to the cruise at least)

Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 AM   #65
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

Loving the updates, we need to see more of florida but i think girls might still be a bit young for a road trip
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #66
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your having great trip! Can't wait until my 2 are a bit bigger to do some of these bits
Old 04-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #67
queendisney
DIS Veteran

for some reason I have only just come across your live TR..very much enjoying it and can't wait until I feel some Florida sunshine

I was laughing at the picture of your 'light snack' at Ghirardelli's at DTD... But it has tobe done!!!

Thank you for taking time to do it.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #68
CHEK
DIS Veteran

Loving reading about your trip it sounds fab & like others it makes me want to explore a wee bit more
Hope the parasailing went well, sounds great

April 2003 Wyndham Orlando
May 2004 Highlands Reserve
May 2006 Westridge
May 2007 Tuscan Ridge
Feb 2009 Tuscan Ridge
April 2013 Highlands Reserve
CHEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #69
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Best of luck with the parasailing Loving the TR, making me excited to be going so soon! We have planned some non park days this trip so its great to be getting ideas from your report Thanks for taking the time to update!!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #70
juliebro
Has been visited
Has been known to use cable ties

Well, we survived the parasailing! It was a really exciting experience and we enjoyed it very much. Although we were both a little nervous beforehand. The guys operating the marina there at the Contemporary are excellent and put us at our ease. We arrived early but they offered to take us out ahead of our booked slot if we wanted. We decided to do that. I think that hanging around would have made us even more apprehensive.

Once on the boat, they put us into the harnesses and lifejackets and got the Mickey parachute ready. We did a tandem parasail - side by side. You take off and land at the back of the boat, so you don't get at all wet. We would recommend the experience to anyone thinking of giving it a try.

We had started off with breakfast at Cracker Barrel again. However, we are finding the novelty of the cooked breakfasts wearing off. We only have a bowl of cereal back home in the UK, so have decided that we'll have a few days off from the pancakes and eggs etc.

This afternoon we went to the Florida Mall and also to Mall at Millenia. We haven't bought very much in the shops this trip so far though. The combination of the exchange rate and rising US prices don't seem to be giving us the bargains we have had in the past. I bought some Bare Minerals makeup but that was about it.

We went to eat in Celebration at the Celebration Town Tavern. We ate there a couple of times last year and it was just as good this year too. I'll post some photos in a separate post. The storm clouds were gathering overhead but we had enough time to walk around the lake.

After stocking up on a few items a Publix, we came back to the townhouse and had an online chat with DS who was keen to know how the parasailing went.

We're planning on a day at Busch Gardens tomorrow, as long as the weather is ok. It's been very hot and cloudy for much of the afternoon and it started to rain as we left Publix.

Thank you for the kind comments about my posts. It's good to know that people are enjoying the updates, although Disney would surely not be happy to know that we are advocating non-park options!

It's quite easy for us these days to just do what we feel like while we're here. When our son was young, our holidays very much revolved around him and what he would enjoy. Our Florida trips always involved Disney and Universal then - although we did used to have the odd 'different' experience. I recall a lunch at Chalet Suzanne and a boat trip at Winter Park, for example.

Our first trip without DS was strange, and we missed him a lot, but gradually we have got used to just doing our own thing and not having to worry about anyone else. We haven't been to Universal since Harry Potter world opened, as neither of us are HP fans, but we may return there next year. We have non-expiry tickets to WDW with the waterparks option, so we can spend the odd day at Disney if we choose to do so.If we don't, it doesn't matter, as we can use the tickets next time, or the time after that! This year we have SW, BG and Aquatica APs, so we're trying to make the most of those too.
Apr 2009 - Emerald Island, Hard Rock Hotel, Apr 2010 - Emerald Island, Apr 2011 - Emerald Island
Apr 2012 - Emerald Island, Apr 2013 - Emerald Island, Apr 2014 - Emerald Island
juliebro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #71
juliebro
Has been visited

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Did the Sweet Toms on 192 have as much choice as the others? Our friends who live there told us that it doesn't, they prefer the LBV location, we prefer North Idrive but its a bit of a trek.
Not liking sound of the bacon specials.
We didn't spot anything missing in the way of choices at the 192 Sweet Toms. Everything we enjoy all seemed to be there. We certainly left 'full'!
Apr 2009 - Emerald Island, Hard Rock Hotel, Apr 2010 - Emerald Island, Apr 2011 - Emerald Island
Old 04-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #72
juliebro
Has been visited

Some photos ......

While on the boat trip yesterday a 'twister' cloud was spotted in the distant sky. Luckily it gradually disappeared. The house you can see part of was destroyed in a hurricane in 2004.

I'll try to upload some of the photos we took while parasailing, but they are on my camera and less easy to upload.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #73
juliebro
Has been visited

Managed to upload one photo from the camera. Hopefully it gives a sense of how high we were.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:34 AM   #74
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Brilliant pictures, I am enjoying your updates. It does look like you were high up on the parasailing

Also thanks for responding to my thread, I am following your trip report so picking some ideas up along the way.

Last edited by Mrs Doubtfire; 04-30-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Mrs Doubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #75
The Philarmagicians
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for sharing your holiday with us, love the photos. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: