Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 03:17 AM   #1
minichippers
Earning My Ears

Boma buffet breakfast - worth the price?

I have booked our party 7 in for breakfast here next month, i have read bad reviews on trip advisor but people on appear to be moaning about price compared to idrive buffets, is it worth it for a treat and to have a look round animal kingdom lodge? Thanks.
minichippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #2
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

Worth it is very different for each individual. It is an expensive buffet but it does have good tasting and a very good variety of food. You would save a good bit of money going to I-drive for breakfast but if you are on property and dont want that hassle of driving, catching a cab, renting a car etc. whats that worth to you? '

Personally, I drive to WDW each trip and we do a variety of breakfasts. I have eaten at several places on I-drive as well as many places in WDW. I prefer to just stay on property, I would just do Boma especially if you have never visited the AKL, the resort is beautiful, the food is good and the variety is good enough for my family and friends(when we invite them).
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

One of the best breakfast buffets! Lots of variety and different variety plus you can check out the resort!

Its my understanding Trails End is pretty affordable if you want a less expensive buffet for such a large party!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Boma's is the BEST !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Quite honestly, I don't see much of a difference in the breakfast buffet at Boma compared to just about every other breakfast buffet on property. For the most part, breakfast buffets in WDW, again IMO, are the same with the exception of a dish or 2. Don't get me wrong, the breakfast at Boma is good and worth the money, if you are staying at AKL. If you are not staying at AKL, I don't feel it is really worth going out of your way for, especially if you plan on using Disney transportation (the dinner buffet at Boma is a different story).

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR / 2014- Disney Fantasy (Western)
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I'm sure they are moaning, as it's twice the cost of the I-drive buffets. Any breakfast buffet at WDW is going to be a whole lot more than one offsite (some of them do throw in characters but at that point the visit is about meeting the characters and not about the food, and that's what you're mostly paying for.) But if you're not inclined to go to I-drive, and a lot of guests either don't have a car or don't wish to go all the way out there to save money on breakfast, there is nothing wrong with the food at Boma. However, if you're local or staying offsite with a car, you may have access to similar food at much lower prices.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 04-15-2013 at 09:15 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
CireEdorelkrah
Earning My Ears

For our group it was not worth it. They do have some different items but most of the people stuck with the normal bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc. If your group will most likely eat these things then it is not worth the price. I did try the unique items and they were hit or miss.
CireEdorelkrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePain View Post
Quite honestly, I don't see much of a difference in the breakfast buffet at Boma compared to just about every other breakfast buffet on property. For the most part, breakfast buffets in WDW, again IMO, are the same with the exception of a dish or 2. Don't get me wrong, the breakfast at Boma is good and worth the money, if you are staying at AKL. If you are not staying at AKL, I don't feel it is really worth going out of your way for, especially if you plan on using Disney transportation (the dinner buffet at Boma is a different story).
Is the dinner buffet excellent? We are going there our first night for dinner and I want to start the trip on an excellent note!
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
minichippers
Earning My Ears

Is the evening buffet much better then? I am considering changing reservation to Dinner now! We are travelling from UK with Virgin staying in their Davenport Villas which are allocated on arrival so not sure how far away we will be from AKL. Thanks all for advise!
minichippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #10
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Is the dinner buffet excellent? We are going there our first night for dinner and I want to start the trip on an excellent note!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minichippers View Post
Is the evening buffet much better then? I am considering changing reservation to Dinner now! We are travelling from UK with Virgin staying in their Davenport Villas which are allocated on arrival so not sure how far away we will be from AKL. Thanks all for advise!
While I wouldn't call the dinner buffet "excellent" (I wouldn't call most restaurants on property "excellent" for that matter), it is a really good dinner buffet and is better than a lot of 1TS restaurnats. Most of the dinner buffets on property are pretty awful, but Boma is 1 of the 2 that are worth going to based on food alone (the other being Cape May). There is a lot to choose from no matter if you are picky eater or more on the adventurous side. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

I will just point out that this is only my opinion and if you asked 100 people half would like it and the other half wouldn't. When it comes to restaurants, you are better off sticking with your gut and coming up with your own opinion instead of listening to a bunch of strangers over a computer.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR / 2014- Disney Fantasy (Western)
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePain View Post

While I wouldn't call the dinner buffet "excellent" (I wouldn't call most restaurants on property "excellent" for that matter), it is a really good dinner buffet and is better than a lot of 1TS restaurnats. Most of the dinner buffets on property are pretty awful, but Boma is 1 of the 2 that are worth going to based on food alone (the other being Cape May). There is a lot to choose from no matter if you are picky eater or more on the adventurous side. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

I will just point out that this is only my opinion and if you asked 100 people half would like it and the other half wouldn't. When it comes to restaurants, you are better off sticking with your gut and coming up with your own opinion instead of listening to a bunch of strangers over a computer.
I agree! My friends and a few family have eaten their and they all liked it. The more people who agree strengthen my decision. DH is no help at picking restaurants but will be the first to complain how bad the food is
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #12
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

As others have said, what is worth the price to one person may not be worth the price to another. It varies based on what you are looking for and what you expect for the price.

Of the non-character breakfast locations at WDW, Boma is by far my favorite. The variety of items is very good. They have the typical American breakfast food (waffles, bacon, eggs), but they also have several African-influenced items. I love the bobotie and the quinoa. They also have carved meats (ham and one other, but I don't remember). The juice (frunch) is really good and I always drink several glasses. For me, Boma is a good choice because I do not really like breakfast foods (e.g., omelets, french toast, toast, etc.), but luckily Boma has lots of non-breakfast-type foods.

If you do not have a car, then getting to AKL is not the easiest. You either have to transfer at a park or you need to take a taxi. I usually rent a car, so I can easily drive to Boma.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #13
MrsLS
DIS Veteran

I think it is one of the best breakfast buffets on Disney property. As far as worth, it is expensive for breakfast but not much more than a sit down at say Kona Cafe, especially if you plan to get coffee, juice and a few different things to eat.

MrsLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Definetly worth the price!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #15
sabcook
Mouseketeer

We are really looking forward to going back to Boma for breakfast this year. Not only did we really enjoy the food there - it is one of the more peaceful buffets that you can find on the property. Like previous posters said, "worth it" is a relative concept but I can tell you it is definately worth it for us.
Have a great trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: