Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #31
genmasjoy
Mouseketeer

DH and I were very disappointed. We had a good spot for the parade in 2012 and waited a half hour in place, only to have the parade canceled at the last minute due to bad weather. We didn't think it was worth it because the rain diminished our ability to enjoy the evening. We have been to the Christmas party and think it's a better alternative because in December the weather may be cold but but the chances of rain are far less. We won't be back for the Halloween party.
genmasjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #32
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeGreenEd View Post
Where else could a pair of adults go Trick or Treating without feeling silly. You'll have a great time, plus the decorations, shows and characters are different from what you would normally see.
oh so true would definitely do it. was just looking through photo albums for graduation and cam across our pics from a trip when we did MNSSHP-they are priceless! the parade and decorations are amazing! would do it again if we were going over Halloween, but we are planning on it for Christmas Party-even if the kids don't want to, we will!

2014:Amazing Christmas vacation & 20th wedding anniversary -CBC, 2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #33
Hooked On The Mouse
DIS Veteran

Location: Thigh-high in snow half the year, up to the eyeballs in mosquitos the other half

We have always gone with kids, but I would not hesitate to go again, with or without them. And lots of adults wear costumes too. The parade is imo one of WDW's very best, and the Villains show, special fireworks, and special characters are amazing.

Hooked On The Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #34
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Smile Don't Hesitate

Have done it 3 times and once in costume...NO kids had a blast :-)

Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #35
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

I am not a Halloween fan and never have been (not even as a child). Even so when DH and I took our first trip to WDW without kids last year we went to the MNSHHP and loved it! Definitely worth trying. We didn't dress up and didn't feel funny at all. We went the second Thursday in October and the crowd was quite reasonable we had wonderful weather. The fireworks were great and we simply loved the parade!! It isn't something I would need to do every year but something I would definitely want to do again.

Have a great trip!!

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #36
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xera12 View Post
I really want to see the parade fireworks and characters, however we are not going with any kids, and it is pricy... Is it worth it to go? Has anyone been there without kids?

Also it it a bit crazy with all the kids running around? Will we be overwhelmed?
So worth it. Tickets are limited so the # of ppl @ mk is so low. Walk onto everything. Plus trick or treating! And the parade includes the headless horseman!! Luv mnsshp
Old 04-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #37
Puffy2
DIS Veteran

we did the christmas party one year. Not worth it for us. Because we are morning people and my kids were exhasuted. The oldest wanted to leave at the beginning of the parade...and we did. Waste of money. But if you like to stay at the parks late...go for it if cash isn't a problem.
Puffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #38
Miranda Danda
DIS Veteran

I think it's absolutely worth it! We went with our DD4 last September and it was perfect. Perfect weather, very low crowds, and amazing fun! I could even go by myself and have a blast!

DH32~Kevin, Me~Miranda, DD5~Jubilee
Miranda Danda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #39
sewmess
DIS Veteran

My husband and I have been 4 times. Partially because the timing works for my job, I'm a villains fan, and it's just so much fun!! I also had a former boss, first time to Disney she and her husband went to the Halloween party and it very nearly made her a convert to the whole Disney thing.

So, put me in the "Worth it" column.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #40
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Surprised I have not seen this link yet. This is a good read on the topic.

Is Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party MNSSHP 2012 Worth the Cost?

http://www.easywdw.com/category/worth-2/halloweenparty/

We are going this year - excited first timers

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #41
Nutbean
Mouseketeer

We went for the first time Tuesday September 25, 2012. We bought the tickets the day before. We had great weather.

However, I would not do it again unless I could be reasonably certain that the crowds would be much lower. We arrived in the park at about 4:45 and it was almost empty. We walked onto BTMMR twice in a row as well as a bunch of other rides. However, once the party started, it was wall to wall people. It was bottlenecked in the passageway leading from Haunted Mansion to Fantasyland. We didn't even get to Frontierland, Adventureland or Tomorrowland at all because we couldn't make our way through the crowds.

I heard several other people complain about the crowds as they were walking past me. We only got candy at one spot (Woody's Dance Party) because the lines were so long.

I wanted to do the Calling All the Monsters dance which we had practiced and were looking forward to doing in Main Street. Well, we could hear it going on but simply couldn't get there in time to participate due to the throngs of people.

We did get to see the headless horseman, the second parade, fireworks and the last Villain's dance party so in that sense it was good.
Nutbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #42
starrysky
DIS Veteran

We also wait until the day or so before the party. We also like to make sure that its going to be good weather.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #43
chimilady
DIS Veteran

I just went to my 1st MNSSHP in the fall and if you have kids, it's definitely NOT worth it. First off, we followed easywdw.com's park recommendations and BY FAR the most crowded our entire visit was the night of MNSSHP. If you go in September, it's when most of the CMs get their tickets, and I can tell you the wait for things was forever. Plus, it rained. Plus, the kids were asleep at 9pm. Overall, unless my kids were teens, I would definitely NOT be going back.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #44
jwblane
Earning My Ears

Highly recommend, with or without kids (done it both ways). The parade and fireworks are spectacular and the crowd level is incredibly low since it is a specialty ticket.
jwblane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #45
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

It was definitely a cool experience for me and my guy to do once, but I don't think we'll be doing it again any time soon. The lines for the candy were too long for us to even want to wait in. It was very crowded, which was surprising. However, the rides were virtually line-less, which was the best part for us! No wait for anything. However we did miss the Fireworks which was a bummer, but at least we were on the Haunted Mansion at the time The parade was cool and it was awesome seeing everyone all dressed up - especially my guy who was dressed as Jafar, and I found the "real" Jafar for him to take a photo with! So there are pros and cons, but I don't think it was worth the $60ish the tickets cost.

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
winnieatepooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: