Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
turtlebean
Mouseketeer

Disney Reservations booked me twice

When the summer deal came out, I went online to book my reservation. After I put in my cc info and hit the button to confirm my reservation I got an error message saying unable to make reservation at this time. So I went back and made another reservation and it went through, not thinking my original reservation went through. I got 2 emails the next day and glanced at the confirmation numbers and it looked like the same number. Well when I went to check my credit card statement I see there is 2 charges from Disney. I went back to my emails and sure enough the last digit of my reservation is off by 2 numbers. I haven't had a chance to call WDW travel yet, so I thought I would check here for ease of mind.

When I cancel one of the reservations, will I be able to transfer the 200.00 deposit to the other reservation?

How likely will it be for me to get the travel insurance back since I thought my original reservation did not go through?

TIA!!! Everyone on here is amazing and so helpful!

turtlebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
latexscooter
Be nice even if it takes some effort.

I think yo should call. They may be able to transfer the cancelled deposit over but more likely they will return the funds. I don't know about the travel insurance but I'm sure you could dispute with your card to get that back. I have BOA and they are great with that.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

I agree with the pp.....call Disney and tell them what happened. I would ask to speak with a supervisor from the start as a regular reservation CM might not be able to do anything as far as refunding the insurance. You didn't happen to print the page that had the error message on it, did you? Even if you didn't, Disney will be able to clearly see that the reservations were made just minutes apart with the exact same dates, resort, people, etc. and will probably have no problem refunding everything on the first reservation. If there is a problem and you are told the insurance can't be refunded, I'd dispute it with your cc company like the pp suggested. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I don't know how long it's been since you noticed the double booking versus when you booked, but if you're within 14 days the insurance can be refunded without an issue and the deposit can be moved to the reservation you're keeping (as long as it's the same type pkg/pkg or ro/ro).

If it's been more than 14 days just tell the reservation CM what happened. They'll have to go to a different department but I imagine Disney would work with you since it was a website error. They can still transfer the deposit regardless - the only kink is the insurance.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
turtlebean
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. I just got off the phone w/DRC and spoke w/a wonderful CM Maria. She was able to put in a request to transfer the funds to the reservation that I had linked all my dining reservations to. (She could even see it was only off by a couple #'s). She said once they transfer the funds they will cancel the reservation. Even better (God must have been looking out for me ), she said I wouldn't be out the trip insurance since I was w/in the 14 day window of making my reservation She had told me you can cancel trip insurance w/in 14 days of your reservation. Thank god I looked at my cc statement today b/c I was just w/in that time frame.

I've been so stressed out with this trip while trying to keep some suprises from the kids. Now I can relax a little and try to work out the kinks with DS's birthday suprises.

turtlebean is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: