Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
draven83
Earning My Ears

Quick Q and Birthday help

Hi there, firstly apologies if this isnt the right section but hopefully it is .

Me, my boyfriend and 8 yr old daughter are making our first trip to Disney in November this year.

Its a really special trip as its the first holiday me and my daughter have had independantly, first proper holiday me and my partner have had and we will also be arriving on my 30th!

From what i've seen so far Disney appears to welcome same sex couples which is great however, part of me has some worries about the reaction we may get since we'll be travelling with my daughter.

I'm prob being over conscious and over thinking but has anyone had any similar experiences and all gone smoothly?

Also, we will be arriving at the Animal kingdom Lodge late afternoon (travelling from the UK) and would love to do something for my 30th but not sure if logistically its best to just book a meal at the resort or if we'd be safe heading out to the parks once we've checked in etc?

Any thoughts/ reccomendations would be greatly welcomed

Thanks,
draven83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Since you're staying on property, I am fairly certain you have park access from the minute you arrive until the minute you leave. As long as that's true, there's no reason not to go to the parks. Since I never stay on property, I would have to burn a day on a ticket just for a few hours, so I never go unless I can spend most of the day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGaellon View Post
Since you're staying on property, I am fairly certain you have park access from the minute you arrive until the minute you leave. As long as that's true, there's no reason not to go to the parks. Since I never stay on property, I would have to burn a day on a ticket just for a few hours, so I never go unless I can spend most of the day.
Staying on property does not grant you access to the parks. Everyone, no matter where you're staying, has to have tickets to get into the parks.

So really, it depends on how many park days you buy if you should go into the parks for dinner. There are some really nice restaurants at AKL so you might be better off booking one there and not have to worry about getting to a park.

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
draven83
Earning My Ears

Thanks, apologies for delay. Not been online!

Forgot to mention that ive got two weeks pass so unlimited entry during the 14 days.
draven83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: