Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #46
terri33inne
Mouseketeer

I've done OLCI at POR last Sept & AofA in March... POR was a bit slow to me, but the line was shorter than the standard check-in. AofA was flawless... a CM approached me w/ a portable device, asked if I had done online check in, and took my info, went behind the desk & got my packet, and had met my 2 requests (early check-in & a close room).

My only hesitation w/ OLCI for our upcoming trip is I've heard you have a better chance of a free upgrade if you go to the desk... not sure how true this is?
terri33inne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #47
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri33inne View Post

My only hesitation w/ OLCI for our upcoming trip is I've heard you have a better chance of a free upgrade if you go to the desk... not sure how true this is?
Free upgrades are VERY few and far between at any WDW resort.
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #48
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri33inne
Whether you do OLCI or not has zero affect on getting an upgrade.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #49
Liberator
Mouseketeer

For us online check-in is a very convenient option.

We fly ~10 hours...

we stand in line at airport check- in, the next line will be the security line followed by waiting for take off.

After getting off the plane the next line is the immigration-line. Another line will be the one for baggage claim (you know Disney does not collect the luggage for us)....well and then the last line will be at Magical Express.

To sum it up: how great is it to get everything you need at the online-check-in-desk without standing in line after such a long day/flight

WDW visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 All Star Sports *** 2013 Split Stay Wilderness Lodge / Pop Century

Universal Orlando visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 Offsite *** 2013 Royal Pacific Resort
Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #50
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Oh boy. I just booked Free Dining for December, and wouldn't you know it, we are arriving on Dec 12. Which is the first date of that part of Free Dining. So now I'm thinking I may want to give On line Check In another go, as we won't be arriving until around 7 pm.

Or am I being paranoid and regular check in will be ok by that time of night?
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #51
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Oh boy. I just booked Free Dining for December, and wouldn't you know it, we are arriving on Dec 12. Which is the first date of that part of Free Dining. So now I'm thinking I may want to give On line Check In another go, as we won't be arriving until around 7 pm.

Or am I being paranoid and regular check in will be ok by that time of night?
I feel like you'd be fine either way. I imagine more people trying to align their check in day with the last day eligible over the first.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #52
Nettlelondon
Earning My Ears

What about if you are travelling with someone else?

I am travelling with my husbands family and we want to be, if not adjoining, near each other. Is it worth doing online check in and putting that as a request on both or will we have more chance if we wait until we get there? We won't be arriving until 8pm or so, staying at WL arriving October 19.

Thanks
Nettlelondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #53
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettlelondon View Post
I am travelling with my husbands family and we want to be, if not adjoining, near each other. Is it worth doing online check in and putting that as a request on both or will we have more chance if we wait until we get there? We won't be arriving until 8pm or so, staying at WL arriving October 19.

Thanks
First off, in Disney speak adjoining rooms are rooms that are near each other. Connecting rooms have the inside door between them. Make sure you are asking for what you want.

Second, I would probably do on line check in as you are arriving so late. However, you need to realize that the pool of rooms open to assign you that late at night will be small. But if you end up in rooms on opposite ends of the resort you can ask them if something is going to open up the next day, and then move if you wish.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #54
mndisneylovinmom
Earning My Ears

I'm just wondering : we're staying at GF CL TPV room -- we've been told that when we arrive at the GF from the magical express, there will be someone from the concierge waiting, will check us in, or already done so, and bring us up to our room.
Anyone else stay stayed like us that can fill me in?
mndisneylovinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #55
Patience
DIS Veteran

We did standard check in on our last trip in 2011 to Pop. We arrived early in the morning and check in took about 15 minutes or so. The online checkin CM was standing around with no line. I couldn't decide if I wanted to do online check in for our upcoming trip because we have never stayed at POR before and thought I might want to ask some questions about the resort. However, I have been reading Andre's portorleans website and feel pretty comfortable that I won't have many, if any, questions at check in so I went ahead and checked in a few days ago. Plus, we are arriving at a busy time of day on the DME so I hope the online check in line will be faster. We shall see.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #56
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri33inne View Post
I've done OLCI at POR last Sept & AofA in March... POR was a bit slow to me, but the line was shorter than the standard check-in. AofA was flawless... a CM approached me w/ a portable device, asked if I had done online check in, and took my info, went behind the desk & got my packet, and had met my 2 requests (early check-in & a close room).

No affect whatsoever. Upgrades are extremely rare so I wouldn't go in expecting one. You'd be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I will say though, that in April we stayed YC CL and had booked a standard view room. We did OLCI (we always do) and upon arriving, we found that we had been upgraded to lagoon view!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #57
thelawlessfamily2013
Earning My Ears

How do you go about doing online check in if you've booked with a travel agent? Can you or can you not, we're staying at OKW

Thanks
thelawlessfamily2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #58
Linleedo
Mouseketeer

It doesn't always help. It actually created more issues for us last year. We wanted three rooms ,one adjoining & the other connecting. We checked in online. Guess what happened? The people that were in one of the rooms decided to to stay two extra days. They kept the room & we got split up! It wasn't the way to start off a vacation.Only after two days, we all moved to other rooms.It wasn't because of online check- in . It was because they didn't move the prior occupants to a different room, when they decided to stay.It wasn't fun!
Linleedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #59
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

We currently have the request "3rd floor with balcony" on our Poly reservation. I sometimes add a specific longhouse but with the rehabs going on at the Poly right now I don't know if the one we like (Tokelau) will be available.

If I do online check-in what can I put for requests? Just specific longhouse(s)? Or can I add "3rd floor with balcony"? I don't want that request to be removed from my reservation.

TIA!

1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013 / Grand Floridian: Oct 2014
Planning Next Trip: Polynesian: Oct 2015
HeyIt'sMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #60
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe
We currently have the request "3rd floor with balcony" on our Poly reservation. I sometimes add a specific longhouse but with the rehabs going on at the Poly right now I don't know if the one we like (Tokelau) will be available.

If I do online check-in what can I put for requests? Just specific longhouse(s)? Or can I add "3rd floor with balcony"? I don't want that request to be removed from my reservation.

TIA!
Since your request is already noted, skip the request section during online check in. Otherwise your "3rd floor with balcony" will be overwritten.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: