Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #91
twebber55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment632 View Post
Expect most of DHS to be themed to Star Wars in the next 5 years.
im all for sw expansion but that seems like overkill
__________________
June 2008 OKW
July 2008 SSR
June 2009 HHI
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #92
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment632 View Post
Could be right I've seen concept art for the following.

1. Indy show: New Star Wars Eticket
2. Sounds Dangerous becomes Master Yodas Jedi Academy aka Turtle Talk with Yoda
3. Theater of the Stars converted to Star Wars show
4. Streets of America converted to Corrasant.
That's hardly most of DHS...but that's all within the area considered for Star Wars Land that I've heard so far...except Streets Of America.
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #93
Figment632
DIS Veteran
 
Figment632's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mesa Verde
Posts: 2,136

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
That's hardly most of DHS...but that's all within the area considered for Star Wars Land that I've heard so far...except Streets Of America.
Yea I would imagine LMA to be taken over as well.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter @Figment632
Figment632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #94
mvk
Mouseketeer
 
mvk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment632 View Post
Could be right I've seen concept art for the following.

1. Indy show: New Star Wars Eticket
2. Sounds Dangerous becomes Master Yodas Jedi Academy aka Turtle Talk with Yoda
3. Theater of the Stars converted to Star Wars show
4. Streets of America converted to Corrasant.
Why wouldn't they just use the Indy theatre for the Star Wars show, then do the E-ticket either where Lights Motors Action is, or push back the service road a bit and expand to the little creek that runs to the east of the property?
mvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #95
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
Why wouldn't they just use the Indy theatre for the Star Wars show, then do the E-ticket either where Lights Motors Action is, or push back the service road a bit and expand to the little creek that runs to the east of the property?
Because LMA is going to be part of Cars Land, of course

The Theater of the Stars is where they hold the "talk shows" for Star Wars Weekends. They'd have to do something else for that if they repurpose.

I could see them redoing Streets of America, although I wouldn't like it. It was meant to look like an actual movie backlot version of various locations, but since DHS has long since stopped being an actual studio...but where would the Osbourne Lights go?
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #96
RSWA2
Mouseketeer
 
RSWA2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 323

Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

Starting to see more mainstream articles about more Star Wars in the theme parks. So while it's a rumor and will be so until some official announcement from Disney, it looks like they will probably add something in the future. At least I hope they do!
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #97
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!
 
joshsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Granite City, IL
Posts: 4,682

I started a new thread about this--not seeing this one. But this would be EXPONENTIALLY more cool than Avatarland in my opinion (which I think is a huge mistake). I would LOVE a Star Wars Land!!

http://www.worldofwalt.com/comments-...t-2013-05.html
__________________
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
joshsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #98
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
 
DRDISNEYMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,483

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSWA2 View Post
Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

Starting to see more mainstream articles about more Star Wars in the theme parks. So while it's a rumor and will be so until some official announcement from Disney, it looks like they will probably add something in the future. At least I hope they do!
~Wow, thanks for sharing! This is the best Star Wars thread I've ever read -- I learned so many fabulous things here. If you find more articles or rumors please don't hesitate to post them!
__________________

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #99
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)
 
twinsouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,084

We just joined DVC and suddenly I think my DH is going to be a much much happier camper
__________________
twinsouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #100
AJ1983
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 662

My DF loves everything sci-fi, superhero or comic book related, so he would LOVE to see a Star Wars land! It spans generations and just makes sense.
__________________
AJ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #101
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran
 
lockedoutlogic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Joisey
Posts: 3,833

There's nothing to report on this front... To be clear
__________________
Went there.....
Worked there....(Resort Operations)
Wed there....(EPCOT 2004)
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom


"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #102
rteetz
DIS Veteran
 
rteetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,625

I found this and thought it was interesting. Mice chat believes they are moving full speed ahead with Star Wars tomorrow land in Disneyland but nothing about WDW.

http://micechat.com/44830-disneyland-das/
__________________
Blood, Sweat and No Tears (Maybe) A July 2014 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3312439

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #103
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran
 
lockedoutlogic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Joisey
Posts: 3,833

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I found this and thought it was interesting. Mice chat believes they are moving full speed ahead with Star Wars tomorrow land in Disneyland but nothing about WDW.

http://micechat.com/44830-disneyland-das/
Unless there is some hidden clause in the Lucasfilm sale and Lucas was insisting on a rollout being near him in California (a possibility...but not likely...) at Disneyland...

This "insider story" is as dumb as Carsland sweeping the country.

Disneyland got their boy bump...so the logical move is put it in Florida... Where among other things, they have size and much larger crowds and potential crowds.

Then if it hits huge... You roll it back to Cali...

Play the coasts against the middle.

Is this tough to follow?
__________________
Went there.....
Worked there....(Resort Operations)
Wed there....(EPCOT 2004)
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom


"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #104
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer
 
Rumors Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Unless there is some hidden clause in the Lucasfilm sale and Lucas was insisting on a rollout being near him in California (a possibility...but not likely...) at Disneyland...

This "insider story" is as dumb as Carsland sweeping the country.

Disneyland got their boy bump...so the logical move is put it in Florida... Where among other things, they have size and much larger crowds and potential crowds.

Then if it hits huge... You roll it back to Cali...

Play the coasts against the middle.

Is this tough to follow?
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: