Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: which resort based on our must-haves
POFQ 31 64.58%
CSR 11 22.92%
AS Movies 3 6.25%
Another option within the same price range (that takes out all delux and AOA) 3 6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #16
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk February View Post
POFQ has everything you're looking for. It's an amazing resort.
I agree. I love both resorts, but the ultimate question is: do you want the awesome pool or do you want less walking?

CSR definitely has a nicer pool, but it is soooo spread out. The walk to the bus, pool or main building can be long.

POFQ is so beautiful and much smaller. It also has a nice pool. If you're going to the water parks, maybe the pool doesn't matter so much? The boat ride to DTD is pretty neat there too

My resort history: Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.

Upcoming: 9/2013 wedding/honeymoon trip at the Boardwalk Resort!
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #17
blueskies115
Earning My Ears

Ive stayed at both POFQ and CSR and would recommend either one. I dont have kids, but agree with what everyone else has said. POFQ is more compact so there is less walking in general, but that means the pool can be crowded. The food is good at both places. The food court at CSR is larger and there are more options, including mexican items. The POFQ food court is smaller and less overall options but has a few of the New Orleans style food items.

We stayed at building 7 at POFQ and Casitas 5 at CSR. I would say our walk to the bus stop was about the same, if my memory serves me correct. And we didnt have problems at either with waiting an excessive amount of time for the bus. The CSR bus does make more stops within the resort and most times when we left the resort, we stopped at the water parks before going to a park. It did seem like a much further walk to the food court at CSR though, but the lake was nice to walk around. And CSR does have a deli area where you can get breakfast items without going into the food court (muffins, danish, etc). I do not remember POFQ having that option.

Something I havent seen anyone mention....when staying at the CSR (Dec 2011), I noticed on some of the info in the room that they show movies on a big screen most nights near the pool. Not sure if they still do that. But it seemed like a nice change of pace for those who were at a park all day and looking for a more relaxing night.

Have a great trip!
blueskies115 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 02:07 AM   #18
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

I only voted "other resort" because I would prefer POR. Just a theming preference.
agavegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #19
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Looking at all your considerations looks like POFQ is a good fit for you - plus you can always use the pool at POR as well if you want a change from the pool at POFQ.

Have a great trip wherever you choose to stay!

1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *

POR 2009 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
DLRP Trip Reports
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #20
malacajo
Mouseketeer

We are sort of in the same boat with decisions.....We stayed at CSR and loved it, loved the big pool so much! However, we wanted to try something different and POR is next in line....How does the pool at POR compare? I keep hearing how beautiful POR is, I think we would love the theming!! Price is not an issue, they are not that far apart that it would matter to us...Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: