Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #61
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

Another vote for teacher discounts!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #62
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPrincessJen
Another vote for teacher discounts!!!
Maybe Disney will read these posts..... Lol x :0D
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #63
ciraulo887
Earning My Ears

I have a lot of respect for teachers. But, I have one question... Have you ever had to go to work on Christmas morning? I would love to spend every holiday with my family. We all have to take the good with the bad.

Disney should definitely give discounts to non florida residents. With the cost of airfare it's pricing so many people out of a great vacation.
ciraulo887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #64
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

• One of the new ships on the West Coast; we shouldn't always get the old ones.
  • Better enforcment of the 18+ areas; I'd love to see some closing gates with an ID swipe required, or better yet, a CM there at all times.
  • Less seafood on the menu; I know this one is kind of silly as it's an Ocean liner, but I'm allergic to Shellfish and so avoid seafood... it'd be nice to have more options.
  • 18+ sections of the rotational restuarants
  • 24 hour Ice Cream machines
  • More West Coast itineraries; A cruise with stops in San Francisco and Seattle would be awesome!

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #65
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciraulo887
I have a lot of respect for teachers. But, I have one question... Have you ever had to go to work on Christmas morning? I would love to spend every holiday with my family. We all have to take the good with the bad.

Disney should definitely give discounts to non florida residents. With the cost of airfare it's pricing so many people out of a great vacation.
I certainly wasnt saying other professions weren't without their pitfalls. The question was 'one thing you'd change' , for me, that's it! I know how lucky I am to get such great holidays but saying we would like a discount isn't really complaining about our jobs ?!? Confused how it could be perceived that way??
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #66
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyriddle View Post

Yep, it's the one bad thing about teaching. We get lots of time off but during peak travel season.
I could not agree more! The only way I can afford to travel on DCL is too book way in advance (like 12 mos. +) because peak times are just too expensive otherwise. As a teacher, there's no way I can go any other time.

momtomattclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #67
LyndaC
Mouseketeer

I'd like to echo the request that they home port a ship on the West Coast. They could alternate sailings from San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, They wouldn't have to stick to just one of the ports.

We did the Pixar Cruise last year out of Los Angeles, overnighted in my home town of San Francisco, I got to play the tourist at home, hit Ensenada as our foreign port. Sailed out of Vancouver for the Alaskan Cruise as well.

Would love to have the opportunity to sail to Hawaii.

And if/when they bring a ship out here again, hope they get around to ADVERTISING it!!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #68
egesicki
Mouseketeer

I thought of a second one no one else has mentioned: real half and half for the coffee at the buffet on the Wonder. Can't stand non dairy creamer!

Dream 4nt Bahamas February 2011 9138, Wonder 4nt Bahamas March 2013 8084, WDW Mar 2015?

egesicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #69
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Did they discontinue the Ken's honey mustard?
In fact, I don't recall any brand of honey mustard on our last.
The chicken strips neeeed Ken's honey mustard.

I want Ken's Honey Mustard dipping sauce.

DCL delivers a great product if this is all I can come up with.
Well, besides deck 4 lifeboat gates that open in.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #70
klc1923
Earning My Ears

Since we recently are off the Fantasy my wish list would be:

1. reduced cost

2. "regular height" Chairs on cast away cay so folks with hip problems can sit down and be comfortable (my elderly parents had some issues)

3. I "wish" the photo pass worked more like in the parks. We had 4 cabins and there was no way each cabin would purchase a photo disk at $350 each.

4. I love the idea to purchase fresh popcorn

5. I wish I would of thought to order mickey ice cream bars from room service for breakfast earlier in the cruise

6. I wish we could have had 2 stops at cast away cay - even if it were an overnight with 2 consecutive days.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #71
pearlieq
They can sit & spin
Imagine my shock when my cat slipped me the tongue
I've never been all that worried about getting cooties
I don't need chewy chunks

Activities for adults (not centered around drinking/gambling). Maybe even a small *gasp!* enrichment program. I can't imagine I'd be the only nerd who would go to a port history/culture talk.
Your underpants!
~TSA 2010
pearlieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #72
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

1. Pop/Drink station in the Adult area. Specifically would love one on the Fantasy near the "Satellite of Love."

2. More Cabannas on Castaway Cay.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #73
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

One thing that I think would be kind of neat to have would be interactive kiosks around the ship in a few key places that told you what was going on at what time. I know there are Navigators but I still think this would be handy. Maybe the kiosk could give a little description of the various activities as well. I know it's not a big deal but a few times on out cruise we went to activities where we didn't know exactly what we were going to but we just wanted to try it based on the name. A little more info would have been nice. (Not that I'm complaining, we always had a great time where ever we went.)

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #74
Delrea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin

Out of curiosity, if someone doesn't dress up to your standards, how are they affecting your cruise?
Its not my standards by any means and I definitely didn't care, but my husban did care after all of my "you have to dress up" talk.
Delrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #75
barbarasc
CruiseCrazy

Discounts for EMS/Firefighters/Police - and expand the Military Discount to include any military that served during a war or conflict - but not retired, this is the policy that RCL and Carnival offer and DCL should as well.....IMHO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: