Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #46
OrcaPotter
Lucky to be local to the Mouse

Definitely lower prices--at least a bit more competitive. Or definitely a teacher discount--we're extremely limited to peak seasons. When I took 4 days in January for my 2nd Dream cruise, a mess up with my benefit hours took a huge chunk out of my paycheck. That's the last time I take an off-season cruise

I see why people are crying out for lifeguards or pool limitations, but in reality I'm not sure if the design of the pools are conducive to them. With as crowded as it gets at the pools, if they had a lifeguard struggling to count the number of bodies and then trying to police a certain number, you'd have a lot of outraged guests. Just like how people can't seem to share chairs on the pool decks. Frankly (and Disney would never do it, at least right away) they need to put at least the Dream back in drydock and try to expand the pools--or do something to ease the crowding.
OrcaPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #47
egesicki
Mouseketeer

Agree on the pools, I would feel better with a lifeguard. Not that I want to checkout on watching my kiddos, but it would seem pretty common sense to have someone there.

Also, and hold the flames, something educational for the kids. I know Disney could do it up right in a very fun way. I thought on our first Dream there was a tour of the bridge for the kids, we missed it, but I think there are tons of kids - and parents!- who would do that type of activity. Seems to me most of the presenations have been more adult oriented, I could be wrong, not like we have cruised enough to be experts. Yet!

Dream 4nt Bahamas February 2011 9138, Wonder 4nt Bahamas March 2013 8084, WDW Mar 2015?

egesicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #48
tinyteen19401
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by egesicki View Post
Agree on the pools, I would feel better with a lifeguard. Not that I want to checkout on watching my kiddos, but it would seem pretty common sense to have someone there.

Also, and hold the flames, something educational for the kids. I know Disney could do it up right in a very fun way. I thought on our first Dream there was a tour of the bridge for the kids, we missed it, but I think there are tons of kids - and parents!- who would do that type of activity. Seems to me most of the presenations have been more adult oriented, I could be wrong, not like we have cruised enough to be experts. Yet!
As a lifeguard for over 10 years things would still happen even if one was there. Parents have to remember that they need to stay with their kids and keep and eye on them.
tinyteen19401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #49
Delrea
Mouseketeer

I wish they woukd adhere to formal dress code on formal night. I know it's silly.
Delrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #50
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

I love the idea of more west coast cruises so I don't have to pay for airfare on top of everything. Would have liked the Mexico cruise to go further south like some other lines do. Loved Cabo and loved that we went there twice.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #51
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

I agree, teacher discounts please! Although I am pleased that there is a Med Cruise..... I can't afford the school holiday airfare to Florida
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #52
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty6201 View Post
I agree, teacher discounts please! Although I am pleased that there is a Med Cruise..... I can't afford the school holiday airfare to Florida
Yep, it's the one bad thing about teaching. We get lots of time off but during peak travel season.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #53
Snick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyriddle

Yep, it's the one bad thing about teaching. We get lots of time off but during peak travel season.
Yep. And the first thing I am going to do when I retire in TWO years is go on a cheap(er) disney cruise!!!!! People always say, "oh you teachers are sooooooooooooo lucky with sooooooooo many holidays but A) we didn't decide that and B) it's always high-priced season.

Can't wait to yank my kids out of school and go on a cheaper cruise!!!!
2010, Pop Century, 4 days
2012, Land & Sea: Bahamas 4 day cruise, Pop, 7 days
2013?????
Snick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #54
Mommynurseof2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrea
I wish they woukd adhere to formal dress code on formal night. I know it's silly.
Well said!!! I love having an opportunity for my family to dress up. If you don't want to dress up formally, there are other places you can eat on the ship...

Disney Fantasy 2013 and 2014
WDW-multiple times per year- too many times to count!!!

Mommynurseof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #55
amandaC
Mouseketeer

The pools. My kids and I hate the pools. The pools on all of the other cruise lines are soooo much better.
amandaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #56
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
Shmoo, you provide the best and honest information on here.............DCL should hire you to Market the West Coast, maybe you would get the ship!

AKK
Thank you

I'm not really a marketing type person. I just like helping out.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #57
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by egesicki View Post

But that's part of the reason why not. People (I'm not saying you), upon seeing a lifeguard, have even less reason to be diligent. None of the cruiselines have lifeguards at the pools, it's really a liability thing.

Yes, it would be nice if there were, but I doubt that it will happen.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #58
Moxin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommynurseof2 View Post
Well said!!! I love having an opportunity for my family to dress up. If you don't want to dress up formally, there are other places you can eat on the ship...
Out of curiosity, if someone doesn't dress up to your standards, how are they affecting your cruise?
Old 04-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #59
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommynurseof2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post

Out of curiosity, if someone doesn't dress up to your standards, how are they affecting your cruise?
I'm glad they don't adhere to it. We lost all, and I mean ALL, of our luggage on our Med 2007 cruise. Would have been a shame to have to eat somewhere else on formal night because we didn't have our "fancier" clothes. It wouldn't have been fair since we paid for the cruise experience the same as all the other guests
lucky enough to arrive with luggage.

And dressing is subjective. What looks good to one person looks terrible to another.

For me, I'd like hot, fresh, free movie popcorn served in the theater
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #60
Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF DISNEY LOVER
Mom to 2 beautiful young ladies
SIGNS TO OLDIES ON THE RADIO

Fresh popcorn so I could get it plain (NO BUTTER) love popcorn and have a dairy allergy

That people would accept that a guayabara is acceptable dressy attire for those of us living in So Florida. Lots of men down here don't even own a sports coat or suit. What they do wear is a dressy guayabara and dress slacks to formal events.

Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF Disney Lover
Talking Hands is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: