Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #16
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
We pack at least one site change per day with us, sometimes two, especially if it's summer and we'll be swimming. We also carry one site change with us in the parks.
Yeah, I'll definitely do that next time! I just never wanted to have to worry about carrying a vial of insulin around with me for changes.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #17
ChristineNic
Mouseketeer

DH uses Omnipod. He usually places his pods on the front of his upper leg. The last time we were at Disney, he kept getting occlusions. It took us a few days to realize that the extra stuff he was stowing in the pockets of his cargo shorts for the parks kept bumping his pod, thus causing the occulsions.
ChristineNic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #18
kimszath
Lover of Everything DISNEY!!!

Bring a baggie or two...

Don't forget that wearing a pump on a roller coaster isn't recommended. At the very least, disconnect. Pulling G's on a coaster can force extra insulin from the tubing into you, from what I understand. I always have my kiddo disconnect and give me his pump, and I just keep it in a clean baggie while he's meeting his coaster quota. That way, I don't have to worry about a several-thousand-dollar One Touch Ping getting slung out of his pocket. Check BG before getting in line!

kimszath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #19
ch1ps
Earning My Ears

Some excellent advice here. Thanks! I am hoping to get a pump in the very near future and we are travelling in September, so hope to have a good understanding of how to use by then!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #20
CKCruising
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimszath View Post
Don't forget that wearing a pump on a roller coaster isn't recommended. At the very least, disconnect. Pulling G's on a coaster can force extra insulin from the tubing into you, from what I understand. I always have my kiddo disconnect and give me his pump, and I just keep it in a clean baggie while he's meeting his coaster quota. That way, I don't have to worry about a several-thousand-dollar One Touch Ping getting slung out of his pocket. Check BG before getting in line!
I have never had an issue on a roller coaster (I have been on them all at WDW). Normally, I disconnect from the site, but it's never done anything silly. I am more concerned that the pump will pop off my belt (I just use the black clip), so I make sure it's tightly secured. It's only rides with magnets that are a concern.

If I had someone to hand it to, I would probably do that, but it's not necessary.

April 2009 - Disney Magic Eastern Carribean, Nov. 2010 - Disney Magic Western Carribean
April 2010 - AKL (Jambo), August 2011 - SSR (THV) + VB, October 2011 - BLT [MNSSHP], March 2012 - AKL (Kidani), December 2012 - BLT [NYE]
CKCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineNic View Post
DH uses Omnipod. He usually places his pods on the front of his upper leg. The last time we were at Disney, he kept getting occlusions. It took us a few days to realize that the extra stuff he was stowing in the pockets of his cargo shorts for the parks kept bumping his pod, thus causing the occulsions.
That must have been very confusing to figure out.
LOL - stuffed pockets would definitely not be first thing o one to mind.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #22
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Diabetes question

deleted and started my own thread, sorry. I didn't mean to hijack this one.
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

That's interesting to know about the coasters and magnets. I've never noticed a problem with them before, but it's possible I've just misattributed any problems to some other cause.

The Omnipod rep who trained me on mine recommended not going through the newfangled body scanner at MCO, but I got the impression it was more because they aren't yet sure how it might affect it. I opted for the patdown, just in case.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #24
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
That happened to me last trip; we had just finished breakfast at Sunshine Seasons and were headed to our reservation at the Behind the Seeds tour, and my whole pod fell off from the sweat. I had to miss the tour, go back to the hotel, and put a new pod on.
I'm an Omnipod user too...I use that Tegaderm stuff when I think I'm going to sweat a lot, or if I'm snorkeling or whatnot...

It's expensive for a whole box, so I just get it off of Amazon and get whatever I think I might need plus a few extra. I only wear it when I think I will need it however.

HTH!

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: