Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #16
luvdamouse91
DIS Veteran

The large Kyss bag is big!. But it depends on what you want to to hold. For 2 people is it a very large bag. I wish I had bought the medium.

I do have to say it is a great bag to have for Castaway Cay.

DCL (Wonder): 1/2000 (Bahamas), WBPC 5/2015
DCL (Magic): 1/2003 (E), 12/2007 (W),5/2009 (W),9/2010 (WBTA), 9/2012 (NY-CAN),11/2013, WBTA 2014
DCL (Dream): 5/2011 (B2B), 12/2011, 11/2014
DCL (Fantasy): 12/2012 (W)
HAL (DVC/Alaska/Zuiderdam): 5/2004
RCL (Serenade): 10/2011
luvdamouse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #17
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

Tried to order the kiss bag, all sizes and colours are currently sold out.
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #18
sippican
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_A_Princess View Post
What size KYSS bag did you all get?
Is the Large one super big?
I believe I own a large Kyss bag (approx. 18x17). I was concerned that it would be too big, judging from the photos on the site. (They seem to picture the bag unloaded, with the sides and bottom sticking out.)
I love the bag. It is roomy with plenty of space for beach towels, sunscreen, mask, snorkel, etc., but a comfortable size for carrying over the shoulder.
We have used it numerous times during vactions for the beach, shopping in ports, carrying water, soda, and groceries. The fact that you can lock the bag, whether or not it is chained to a chair, discourages theft. It is certainly not theft-proof, but we feel a little more comfortable by the pool or at the beach when in the water, with our camera, kindle, etc. in the bag.
I would not have wanted a smaller size for our needs.
sippican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #19
White Rose
Mouseketeer

You know on most ships you are not allowed to save chairs...I fear you will still find your bag with the staff with the lock cut off...I think that item is great for the beach attached to your OWN chair...but not really nice to attach it to the ships' property. If you attach it a railing or not a chair...I am ok with it. Because that is not tying up a chair...literally.
White Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #20
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rose View Post
You know on most ships you are not allowed to save chairs...I fear you will still find your bag with the staff with the lock cut off...I think that item is great for the beach attached to your OWN chair...but not really nice to attach it to the ships' property. If you attach it a railing or not a chair...I am ok with it. Because that is not tying up a chair...literally.
I was thinking more for Castaway Cay or beach excursions, but when I'm on the ship and at the pool my stuff is on the chair I am using when I go jump into the pool to cool off. I do not consider that saving a chair - I am using the chair. While on deck on the ship I have a lot less stuff with me than on an excursion for the day so I'd be a lot less likely to use the bag on board anyways.
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #21
sippican
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rose View Post
IMHO, there is a big difference between "chogging", and attaching the bag to the chair I am occupying on deck. On most ships, it is not considered saving a chair if you are out of it for brief periods of time to swim, or grab a snack or drink, or take a quick trip back to your cabin to grab something.
sippican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #22
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_A_Princess View Post
What size KYSS bag did you all get?
Is the Large one super big?
The large one is pretty big. When mine arrived, I thought I'd made a mistake in getting the large (but I really wanted pink!).

Anyway, that bag has been on a cruise and to Hawaii, and it always seems to be full. (I also use it for my carry-on, and I can still stuff it under the seat in front of me on the airplane.) If you need to stuff in a hoodie or a towel or two while you're out-and-about for a day-trip or the beach, it can handle it. I'm quite happy with the purchase and glad that the bag is on the larger side. I already have plenty of beach/tote bags that are smaller, but when I need to 'lock up' our kindle and cameras and wallet and KTTW cards and whatever, my trusty pink KYSS bag does the job!
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #23
maryliz
The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Bloat Fairy DROOLs!
(the tag fairy rules, too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
The large one is pretty big. When mine arrived, I thought I'd made a mistake in getting the large (but I really wanted pink!).

Anyway, that bag has been on a cruise and to Hawaii, and it always seems to be full. (I also use it for my carry-on, and I can still stuff it under the seat in front of me on the airplane.) If you need to stuff in a hoodie or a towel or two while you're out-and-about for a day-trip or the beach, it can handle it. I'm quite happy with the purchase and glad that the bag is on the larger side. I already have plenty of beach/tote bags that are smaller, but when I need to 'lock up' our kindle and cameras and wallet and KTTW cards and whatever, my trusty pink KYSS bag does the job!
Thanks for this ... I was thinking it might be "too big" as well, but I really really love the green one ! As long as it's still comfortable to wear on the shoulder, it's not like I have to stuff it full !

Me DH DD DS
maryliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryliz View Post
Thanks for this ... I was thinking it might be "too big" as well, but I really really love the green one ! As long as it's still comfortable to wear on the shoulder, it's not like I have to stuff it full !
Agreed! There are definitely times when we are around the pools on the ship that it's not stuffed full. But I still like being able to lock up any valuables, especially when our chairs are on the deck above the pools and we all want to cool off at the same time.

And it's very easy to hoist up onto the shoulder. (I hate when straps are too short to comfortably get a tote bag onto the shoulder.) When the bag is full, I do wish the straps were a bit 'padded', but it's really not the end of the world.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #25
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

there's a spot on the kyss bag site for a promo code. anyone have one by chance?
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #26
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

if anyone is interested, I sent an email off to the kyss company. they tell me the medium bags will be back in stock mid may and said they will send me an email when they are in.
if you want I can post here when I get the email back.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #27
loricfam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
if anyone is interested, I sent an email off to the kyss company. they tell me the medium bags will be back in stock mid may and said they will send me an email when they are in.
if you want I can post here when I get the email back.
Yes! If you wouldn't mind, please let us know! Thanks!
loricfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #28
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Thanks everyone for the recommendation. I took a look at the Kyss site and ordered one yesterday (they just emailed me to confirm what I wanted on it).

I will still probably carry my KTTW card in my waterproof lanyard so that I have it handy (in case the urge for a Konk Kooler comes over me )but I love the idea of being able to lock up my Kindle and other items while we are in the water, shopping or having lunch.

They only had the medium in black so I ordered that one. I'm worried about the black getting too hot but I will make sure to keep it covered with a towel and/or in the shade.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #29
pjacobi
DIS Veteran

Cut open the kyss bag?

It looks to me that a sharp knife into the side of the kyss bag would totally defeat the lock. It's probably better than nothing, but don't think you are totally safe.

-Paul
pjacobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #30
fairfax
DIS Veteran

Oh this is a great idea! I will order one as well when they are back in stock. On one cruise a few years back, I had stepped away from our table to refill my soda and when I got back, a teenage boy had his hand inside my bag where my camera, Kindle and iPod were (my bad for leaving them unattended). Ever since, I always lug my bag everywhere, even if I'm just walking closer to the pool to take a picture of my kids. This will give me great peace of mind

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: