Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 01:54 AM   #16
EskiLvr
Mouseketeer
 
EskiLvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Outside of Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 111

We sailed Concierege in March thanks to an opportunity to upgrade at port, so we never had any interaction with shoreside services. Just having a smaller section of rooms (less hall traffic) was a huge plus - and being able to retreat to the lounge or the sun deck was something we really enjoyed. The staff went out of their way to make little things happen for us, and it was really appreciated. The super quick pick up of bags (and delivery of bags) was great - and so was being able to leave our carry on luggage in the lounge while we grabbed lunch on the first day.
__________________
DVC Since 2008... BCV - 6/08, VLW - 10/09, Royal Pacific and SSR - 7/10... 5 Night Dream Double Dip - 7/11, 7 Night Fantasy Western - 3/13… Family Getaway to SSR Treehouses, June 2014... Counting down to an Alaskan Anniversary Cruise - July 2015!




EskiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #17
bbn1122
DIS Veteran
 
bbn1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,509

I have been itching to do concierge,but the price always stopped me. But then I saw some posts and the how included the family verandah on the bigger ships so I have been doing some research. I was going to try to book early once the 2015 dates came out, but I could not wait.

I just book a 3 night in August next year for 4 in a Cat V for only $2738.88.
I could not pass it up.....I did say after having our 3 night cruise on the Dream last year getting messed up by Hurricane Irene ....never again in August.....But I could not help myself.

Now, I am happily obsessing over my my future Concierge trip.....
__________________
BBN's Mom Jersey Shore
WDW: ASM 1996, POLY 2003,WL 2006, All Star Sports 2008
DVC - BLT April 2011, 2013
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #18
AntonioOtero
Earning My Ears
 
AntonioOtero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16

Concierge

Wow. This will be our first experience with DCL, and our first concierge experience on any line. We have heard wonderful things about Disney service all the way around, especially concierge.

Has anyone requested a special charater visit in the room for your child?
AntonioOtero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #19
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!
 
JoiseyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Joisey
Posts: 7,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioOtero View Post
Wow. This will be our first experience with DCL, and our first concierge experience on any line. We have heard wonderful things about Disney service all the way around, especially concierge.

Has anyone requested a special charater visit in the room for your child?
Private character meetings I think are available for a price.

They do have a concierge only character meeting with pics on each cruise.
__________________
1973 Dec - First trip, off site. 1978 June - Senior trip for High School; 1980 Summer - Quick off site w/ college friends; 1998 January - January First Onsite Family Trip CBR
2001/2 Dec/Jan - First family Poly trip; 2003/4 Dec/Jan - Extended Family Trip Rented 4 bed house
2004 August - My surprise trip (no kids)!!! Pop/Poly/GF/AKL; 2004 Nov - Jersey Week AKL & Timeshare
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #20
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 47,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbn1122 View Post

I just book a 3 night in August next year for 4 in a Cat V for only $2738.88.
I could not pass it up.....I did say after having our 3 night cruise on the Dream last year getting messed up by Hurricane Irene ....never again in August.....But I could not help myself.

Now, I am happily obsessing over my my future Concierge trip.....
Very nice! Enjoy!
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #21
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14˝ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioOtero View Post
Wow. This will be our first experience with DCL, and our first concierge experience on any line. We have heard wonderful things about Disney service all the way around, especially concierge.

Has anyone requested a special charater visit in the room for your child?
If DCL would provide a private character greeting it most likely would have a fee associated with it and it would not take place in your stateroom.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #22
disneycruisegal
Mouseketeer
 
disneycruisegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 222

The concierge lounge and private sun deck on the two newer ships is just a great addition the benefits of paying a bit more. For us, it's well worth the price. We sailed on the Dream in 2011 in a cat. V just across from the lounge and it was awesome! There was open bar one hour before both diner seatings, so while I was getting ready for diner my husband would go across the hall to the lounge and get a drink for himself and a glass of wine for me. We would also eat there for a quick breakfast, I'd grab a coffee drink that would have cost money at Cove Café and sit in a very relaxing atmosphere and not miss the crowds of Cabanas. The breakfast selection is much smaller than Cabanas, but it stopped me from eating bacon and eggs and overindulging every morning. the private sun deck is also very nice, but I found the adults only area just outside of Cove Café to have an abundance of comfortable chairs and couches to read and people watch from. Since it's only my husband and I we fit very comfortable in the cat. V stateroom and in my opinion, the extra expense is worth it, but that's just my opinion.
disneycruisegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #23
Silver Cinderella
Mouseketeer
 
Silver Cinderella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruisegal View Post
The concierge lounge and private sun deck on the two newer ships is just a great addition the benefits of paying a bit more. For us, it's well worth the price. We sailed on the Dream in 2011 in a cat. V just across from the lounge and it was awesome! There was open bar one hour before both diner seatings, so while I was getting ready for diner my husband would go across the hall to the lounge and get a drink for himself and a glass of wine for me. We would also eat there for a quick breakfast, I'd grab a coffee drink that would have cost money at Cove Café and sit in a very relaxing atmosphere and not miss the crowds of Cabanas. The breakfast selection is much smaller than Cabanas, but it stopped me from eating bacon and eggs and overindulging every morning. the private sun deck is also very nice, but I found the adults only area just outside of Cove Café to have an abundance of comfortable chairs and couches to read and people watch from. Since it's only my husband and I we fit very comfortable in the cat. V stateroom and in my opinion, the extra expense is worth it, but that's just my opinion.
Wouldn't even think about not booking concierge! Been on three on the Dream. Our next one is on the Fantasy in two weeks.
__________________

Silver Cinderella
Silver Cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #24
mom2william
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Cinderella View Post

Wouldn't even think about not booking concierge! Been on three on the Dream. Our next one is on the Fantasy in two weeks.
Agreed! We stayed concierge on the dream last year and we are going again on the 28th. Wouldn't stay any other way. It is well worth every penny!!!!
mom2william is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #25
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,741

We just got off the Magic yesterday and had the two bedroom suite. I am surprised reading all the perks on here. I stood in line 3 times at GS to do things (like add a GC to our account/ fix a billing error/ and to get my concierge tip added to our bill). For us, the main perk was the room and early boarding. We did have 2 concierge receptions which were very nice. Both had a good section of food. Food that was FAR better then the food served in the MDR. (The food on the cruise as a whole was a major disappointment to us so it was nice to see different things at the reception).

I didn't ask concierge for much. I made my own Palo reservations, my own shore excursions. I thought having concierge was nice, but honestly if I do it again it is only for the room. Having our family of 6 in one large room was the best benefit. I would never do it on the bigger ships because I don't find the benefit of having concierge to be that great if I can't get my family into one room.

We are sailing next August on the Wonder in two cat 4e rooms. I suppose it will be interesting to see the difference. But it sounds like we really didn't take advantage of all that concierge has to offer so I am thinking we won't see much of a difference except with the room. Of course, no one ever sat down and told us that they could do all these things for us, so I guess I had no way of knowing. I will say they did send small treats every day. Like a cheese plate, some deserts and some arcade cards for the kids. That was mostly it though. And to be honest, I wish that they just gave us more soap and shampoo everyday. We ran out and had to ask 2 times. I would have preferred that over the cheese plate.
__________________

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #26
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 47,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
I stood in line 3 times at GS to do things (like add a GC to our account/ fix a billing error/ and to get my concierge tip added to our bill).
It might be different with the Dream/Fantasy vs Wonder/Magic, but when we were on the Dream during the first meeting with the concierge people, they told us that they would take it as a personal affront if they saw us at Guest Services during the stay. That we were to bring anything to them so they could take care of it for us.

I was going to say that maybe that doesn't happen on the Magic/Wonder, but two people on the first page of this thread indicated that it seems to be the same thing on those ships.

It's too bad you guys weren't given the info. Also on the Dream at least, when the tip stuff was left in our room, they also gave us an envelope and form to fill out for the concierge tip. Maybe that's a difference, too.

But yep, with you having a family that doesn't fit in the concierge rooms on the Dream/Fantasy, I'd stick with the other ships, too!
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #27
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
We just got off the Magic yesterday and had the two bedroom suite. I am surprised reading all the perks on here. I stood in line 3 times at GS to do things (like add a GC to our account/ fix a billing error/ and to get my concierge tip added to our bill). For us, the main perk was the room and early boarding. We did have 2 concierge receptions which were very nice. Both had a good section of food. Food that was FAR better then the food served in the MDR. (The food on the cruise as a whole was a major disappointment to us so it was nice to see different things at the reception).

I didn't ask concierge for much. I made my own Palo reservations, my own shore excursions. I thought having concierge was nice, but honestly if I do it again it is only for the room. Having our family of 6 in one large room was the best benefit. I would never do it on the bigger ships because I don't find the benefit of having concierge to be that great if I can't get my family into one room.

We are sailing next August on the Wonder in two cat 4e rooms. I suppose it will be interesting to see the difference. But it sounds like we really didn't take advantage of all that concierge has to offer so I am thinking we won't see much of a difference except with the room. Of course, no one ever sat down and told us that they could do all these things for us, so I guess I had no way of knowing. I will say they did send small treats every day. Like a cheese plate, some deserts and some arcade cards for the kids. That was mostly it though. And to be honest, I wish that they just gave us more soap and shampoo everyday. We ran out and had to ask 2 times. I would have preferred that over the cheese plate.
May I ask who was your concierge host was? We had Danny and although we were novices, he filled us in on all of the available perks.

Our favorite concierge perks on the Magic were:

Being able to book excursions/Palo/cabana at 120 days
early boarding
100 minutes of free wifi
eating a hot breakfast in our room every morning
priority tendering
room service for breakfast on the last morning
robes in the room, even for the kids
concierge reception (got to meet Mickey w/o waiting in line)

And, of course the huge room w/ 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs, jacuzzi tub & walk-in closet.
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #28
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran
 
Jiminy'sGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
We just got off the Magic yesterday and had the two bedroom suite. I am surprised reading all the perks on here. I stood in line 3 times at GS to do things (like add a GC to our account/ fix a billing error/ and to get my concierge tip added to our bill). For us, the main perk was the room and early boarding. We did have 2 concierge receptions which were very nice. Both had a good section of food. Food that was FAR better then the food served in the MDR. (The food on the cruise as a whole was a major disappointment to us so it was nice to see different things at the reception).

I didn't ask concierge for much. I made my own Palo reservations, my own shore excursions. I thought having concierge was nice, but honestly if I do it again it is only for the room. Having our family of 6 in one large room was the best benefit. I would never do it on the bigger ships because I don't find the benefit of having concierge to be that great if I can't get my family into one room.

We are sailing next August on the Wonder in two cat 4e rooms. I suppose it will be interesting to see the difference. But it sounds like we really didn't take advantage of all that concierge has to offer so I am thinking we won't see much of a difference except with the room. Of course, no one ever sat down and told us that they could do all these things for us, so I guess I had no way of knowing. I will say they did send small treats every day. Like a cheese plate, some deserts and some arcade cards for the kids. That was mostly it though. And to be honest, I wish that they just gave us more soap and shampoo everyday. We ran out and had to ask 2 times. I would have preferred that over the cheese plate.
I can see our family being much the same....I tend to just do everything myself... Part of that is the control freak in me and part is hating to ask others for favors. I get that it isn't a favor, it is concierge's job to do these things That is just how I am, though. I think for us what we would really be paying for is the larger space and verandah. If we were sailing on one of the newer ships I know we would use the lounge and the private sundeck for sure - I wish the Wonder had these amenities.

We might just wait and see if we can upgrade at port and if not, it wasn't meant to be!
Jiminy'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #29
Doingitagain
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
We just got off the Magic yesterday and had the two bedroom suite. I am surprised reading all the perks on here. I stood in line 3 times at GS to do things (like add a GC to our account/ fix a billing error/ and to get my concierge tip added to our bill). For us, the main perk was the room and early boarding. We did have 2 concierge receptions which were very nice. Both had a good section of food. Food that was FAR better then the food served in the MDR. (The food on the cruise as a whole was a major disappointment to us so it was nice to see different things at the reception).

I didn't ask concierge for much. I made my own Palo reservations, my own shore excursions. I thought having concierge was nice, but honestly if I do it again it is only for the room. Having our family of 6 in one large room was the best benefit. I would never do it on the bigger ships because I don't find the benefit of having concierge to be that great if I can't get my family into one room.

We are sailing next August on the Wonder in two cat 4e rooms. I suppose it will be interesting to see the difference. But it sounds like we really didn't take advantage of all that concierge has to offer so I am thinking we won't see much of a difference except with the room. Of course, no one ever sat down and told us that they could do all these things for us, so I guess I had no way of knowing. I will say they did send small treats every day. Like a cheese plate, some deserts and some arcade cards for the kids. That was mostly it though. And to be honest, I wish that they just gave us more soap and shampoo everyday. We ran out and had to ask 2 times. I would have preferred that over the cheese plate.
We have sailed concierge many times on the Wonder and the Magic. You should never have to go to guest services. Concierge applied gift cards, took care of billing issues, brought updated bills when requested, took care of the tips, etc. They also purchased our Shutters CD and brought it to us at breakfast on the last day.

I really use Shoreside Concierge. I love emailing them and they respond right away, they even work on weekends. Any requests I have for port excursions, Palo, spa are handled by them (I usually do it myself at midnight and then they fill in if something doesn't work, but I probably wouldn't need to do that). Any questions I have on timing of events on the cruise, port excursions, etc. are emailed to them and I get a quick turnaround on responses. Wish there was a way we could tip Shoreside Concierge. I made sure I included it on my comment card, though.

If you need more shampoo, etc., let concierge know and they will make sure it is handled during your stay.

I don't know that we will do Concierge on the larger ships, though, since the main reason we do it is to have all four of us in one stateroom (all adults). We really like the two bedrooms on the Wonder and Magic and they don't have 2 bedrooms on the Dream or Fantasy. Plus Concierge on the larger ships are in a separate area, and we generally travel with friends and would want them to be able to visit.
__________________
Disney Fantasy 7/2014 Eastern
Disney Wonder 7/2011 Alaska, 7/2012 Alaska
Disney Magic 4/2000, 5/2002 Western, 6/2004 Eastern, 7/2005 Mex Riv, 6/2006 Western, 6/2007 Med, 8/2009 Eastern, 7/2010 Baltics, 7/2013 Med, 12/2014 Western
Aulani 3/2013
Saratoga 6/2006, 10/2008, 7/2009, 12/2009, 12/2014
AK Jambo 3/2012, 7/2014
Boardwalk 12/2014
Royal Garden London 7/2007, 7/2010
Mandarin Oriental Wash DC 4/2007
Grand Calif 7/2005
Doingitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #30
ddeal1957
Mouseketeer
 
ddeal1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 178

We sailed concierge on the Wonder earlier this month and Rodriego was our host. He stopped by atleast 2-3 times a day to see if we needed anything.... He met us as soon as we boarded on Monday morning and explained everything to us as far as what to expect during the cruise. He met us when we were ready to go ashore in Grand Cayman so that we did not have to wait to tender to shore. He took care to make sure that the items we wanted to be signed were taken care of... The list goes on and on. Glen with shoreside concierge handled all our reservations prior when the booking date opened up with no problems. We got all the reservations / excursions that we wanted at the time we requested. This was probably our least stressful vacation because of the great care we received from all the concierge staffs. We will sail again concierge no matter what ship we sail on!
__________________

Disney Magic - 9/20/2014 Southern Caribbean


Disney Wonder - 4/6/2013
Disney Dream - 4/1/2012; 3/18/2011
WDW-12/2013; 12/2012; 12/2011; 4/2011; 10/2010; 4/2010; 12/2008; 4/2008 plus 10 more........
ddeal1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.