Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
circus4u
Mouseketeer

Fl Resident Seasonal Pass

My wife and I are not Florida residents, but our granddaughter and her husband live in Tampa, FL. We are flying to Disneyworld next month (we already have our tickets), but would like to have our granddaughter and her young family join us. Rather than buy them the Florida Resident tickets, I thought it would be better to purchase them Seasonal Passes so they can enjoy the parks at other times. I noticed that Florida residents can buy the passes and pay for them monthly. My question, even though I am not a Florida resident, can I provide my credit card information when we get the tickets and have their passes billed to my card on a monthly basis? If not, I assume that I can still pay for their passes on my credit card, correct?
circus4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by circus4u View Post
My wife and I are not Florida residents, but our granddaughter and her husband live in Tampa, FL. We are flying to Disneyworld next month (we already have our tickets), but would like to have our granddaughter and her young family join us. Rather than buy them the Florida Resident tickets, I thought it would be better to purchase them Seasonal Passes so they can enjoy the parks at other times. I noticed that Florida residents can buy the passes and pay for them monthly. My question, even though I am not a Florida resident, can I provide my credit card information when we get the tickets and have their passes billed to my card on a monthly basis? If not, I assume that I can still pay for their passes on my credit card, correct?
Unless the rules have changed, the billing address must be in FL for the monthly payment option.

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

Dont forget that with "seasonal pass" you have to pay for parking. An "annual pass" you dont.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Just go on Disney's website and try it. I know for sure FL residents can buy for other FL residents as I have on of my adult son's AP on my CC. The AP was ordered in his name and the billing is in mine.

The website will give you the opportunity to separate the billing and owner of the pass.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We bought our passes once through the Disney Store in Tampa... we did not have to provide proof of residency at time of purchase, but they warned us we would have to provide proof of residency when we went to pick them up.

I'm guessing even if you purchase them online, as long as the person picking them up and using then can provide proof of FL residency they'll be okay.

MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Princess View Post
Unless the rules have changed, the billing address must be in FL for the monthly payment option.
This is correct, for the monthly pay the billing address must be FL. If paying in full for the exchange voucher, it can be any locality. Actually just did this for my FL daughter a few weeks ago.
11290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

1. To do the Monthly Payment Plan the Zip Code for the credit or debit card must be within the state of Florida. It is part of the card validity check and if it not within Florida the contract will not process.

2. For any other Resident pass each person 18 or older must present a valid proof of Florida residency. It is not necessary for the person making the payment to be a Resident, but each Passholder must be a Resident.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Do you have to give the name and address of the new AP holder at the time of purchase, or is that information gathered when the AP's are picked up and activated? Just curious if people are buying them as gifts if they have to provide that info. I would think it would spoil the surprise if they started getting Mickey Monitors or AP emails.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If you purchase passes using the Monthly Payment Plan all demographic information for each Guest must be entered at the time of purchase.

If the purchase is online (or by phone) you will get a voucher/exchange certificate and at the time these are taken to a window to convert to a live pass is when the demographic information will be entered.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: