Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman

Tell me what Whispering Canyon is like these days?

I am not talking about the food. I don't have any high expectations for that I want to know how much silliness goes on?

Our first experience was in 2006 and there were hats made out of napkins, lots of noise, pony races the men singing "I'm a little teapot" funny rude servers.

We went back the nest year and it was blah. Same thing the year after than, then they stopped with the napkin hats.

We gave up and it's been 4 years since our last meal there.

I am planing a trip for October and I want to know if it's the same or has changed at all.

Anyone that has been going for years want to update me?

Thanks!!!
Lisa
LisaInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

We went last October and the only antics I saw was the whole Ketchup thing. My husband intentionally did not ask for Ketchup because he didn't want to have that kind of attention. Other than that our waitress wasn't rude, didn't joke around and I didn't see anyone around us doing anything either. And as for the food its disgusting. Nobody in my family liked it. We will never go back.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

We were there in July 2012. We did the hokey pokey. They had the pony races. Our server was hysterical and picked on DH. We did the ketchup thing. The boy behind us dropped his knife and he was brought the big black cardboard knife. I saw big drinks being brought out to people. We sang happy birthday, the whole restaurant to someone.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
butterfly71076
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
We were there in July 2012. We did the hokey pokey. They had the pony races. Our server was hysterical and picked on DH. We did the ketchup thing. The boy behind us dropped his knife and he was brought the big black cardboard knife. I saw big drinks being brought out to people. We sang happy birthday, the whole restaurant to someone.
Sounds like a lot of fun! I was thinking of making a reservation for our trip in Dec.
First trip Aug 1992 POR April 1995 ASSp June 1997 ASMu DH First Trip Oct 2004 CBR DS First Trip May 2009 ASMu May/June 2010 ASMo Nov 2011 SSR Dec 2012 SSR March 2013 ASMo July 2013 CSR Sept 2013 CSR March 2014 CBR June 2015 CSR
butterfly71076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
TreslovesWDW
DIS Veteran

In 2007 it was so much fun we couldn't wait to go again.Went in 2010 it was fun but not as much my daughter asked for a large drink and the waitress said sorry we are out of the big glasses right nowThen we went in 2011 and the only thing they did was the ketchup and the food was very bad.My husband said no more it isn't fun or funny and bad food ...its just a waste of money.I am not sure why it is like that now because my first time was so great and crazy in there, they don't bang the trays to sound like horses trotting anymore I thought that was great..haha Just boring now and a part of me wants to try breakfast instead but the whole family says no cause they want the fun that they had before.I hope they will change and go back to the way it was.
Grandpop's house - 1980's , Honeymoon offsite - 9/97 ,Offsite - 7/99 , Pop Century - 9/05 , Pop Century Christmas -12/06 , Pop Century 9/07 , Pop Century 9/10 , Pop Century 8/11 ,Nick Hotel, AOA, POP Century 8/13

TreslovesWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I think we went in 2010. Plenty of antics but by far the worst food I've had at Disney. The liquid smoke taste was in everything. Great if you like it.. horrible if you detest it. Add a milkshake on to that and I still shudder at the though. It made me ill.
We'll be staying at WL this Christmas and I'd like to try breakfast but I wouldn't be going for the antics.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
disneypunch
Earning My Ears

Wow now I am thinking of changing my reservations. We wanted to eat here than head over to the campground for the campfire. I went here probably about 5 years ago and nothing stood out for me. My brothers just went this month and said it was their favorite meal. They are more plain in their taste they don't like to experience new and different foods. So wonder where I could eat before heading over to the campfire. I guess I will go do some research...just when I thought all the FUN planning was finished. Hehe that's have the fun for me.
disneypunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypunch View Post
Wow now I am thinking of changing my reservations. We wanted to eat here than head over to the campground for the campfire. I went here probably about 5 years ago and nothing stood out for me. My brothers just went this month and said it was their favorite meal. They are more plain in their taste they don't like to experience new and different foods. So wonder where I could eat before heading over to the campfire. I guess I will go do some research...just when I thought all the FUN planning was finished. Hehe that's have the fun for me.
My family thought the food was fine. And in July 2012 they had antics.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

How is it for breakfast? Do they do the same antics then? We're only going to do breakfast there in October for our stay.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

I went in Dec 2012, and it was my favorite meal.

They did the ketchup, our waitress was funny, and we were funny back so created a good dynamic. When she brought drinks, she threw about a dozen cocktail napkins up in the air to just land about the table. She brought my DH a drink in an enormous glass, and then when I asked for more water, but not so much as him, she brought a tiny glass. When my kids saw the cute little glass, they asked for a little water and she brought them tiny glasses too.

As for the food, it was great. It lived up to what I expected. My tastebuds were calibrated for a meal of that caliber and I got what I expected, and the bill was also in alignment. That was why it was my favorite meal. Unlike 'Ohana or CRT which did not live up to my expectations.

This meal (and Chef Mickey because of the kids) is my only must-repeat for my upcoming December trip.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Happyjen27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #11
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
How is it for breakfast? Do they do the same antics then? We're only going to do breakfast there in October for our stay.
Also curious about breakfast (not so much for the antics as for the food).

We're planning a a trip that includes staying at WL and are thinking of trying this for breakfast on a non-park day.

I've heard people say, if you go for breakfast, go for the skillet. But I'm not a fan of biscuits and gravy or breakfast potatoes (and while I LOVE me some Mickey Waffles, we have 3 or 4 character breakfast planned where these are available).

So, I'm thinking that, for about the same price as the skillet, I might prefer the buttermilk pancakes with bacon and a bottomless milkshake.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: