Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #16
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Another thing is it rains a LOT in September. The WL has everything under one roof, so there is some extra convenience built in there.

You can't go wrong with either choice of resort.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
MinnieTink
DIS Veteran

This is a win-win situation. But if the only concern you have about WL is transportation, you really shouldn't. We have had no problems at all with transportation at WL. If you really want to take the monorail there is a boat you can take from WL to Contemporary, just hop on there. The WL is a gorgeous resort.

The Poly and WL are our absolute favorites! Whatever your decision is, I'm sure you will have a wonderful vacation!

MinnieTink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
mpbs
Mouseketeer

I would say Poly , rooms are larger and more to do. I likes the WL but I thought the rooms were small and dark, more depressing if you are staying indoors due to rain .
mpbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #19
partypa
Mouseketeer

Wilderness Lodge + more days
The monorail is nice but the Boat to MK from WL is lovely and quick, just as great IMHO
partypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #20
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

I would have the extra night at WL and use the buses.

Our last trip the monorail was down so often it took away the convenience of staying at a monorail resort.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #21
scarlett24
Dreamin' of Disney

I would stay at the Poly. Love WL, in the winter. It will be hot in September, and you can pop onto the monorail and be back at the Poly pool in 5-10 mins, with a view of the castle. The boat ride to the WL is nice but a little longer. Also, you can get to Epcot and MK easily via monorail without taking your child out of their stroller. If the smaller boat comes to pick you up at MK or you need to take the bus back from Epcot and your child is asleep in their stroller, you will have to wake them up to fold the stroller up. I always found that to be a huge pain in the neck. Also, the ambiance of the Poly is just amazing and you can watch Wishes from the Poly beach.
December 2007 Wilderness Lodge

December 2008 Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2010 Polynesian
May 2012 Polynesian
May 2013 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy-our first cruise! Poly & Yacht and Beach Club
April 2014 Polynesian

scarlett24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #22
Dis703
DIS Veteran

I would absolutely go for the extra night. We did Disney with a 2 year old and all buses as we stayed at POFQ. There was a time or two the bus situation was less than desirable, but it wasn't really that bad. You still would have a boat to MK. And even with the Poly you need a bus to AK or HS so that's only one more park with monorail.

Extra day hands down.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
wide receiver
Mouseketeer

WL wins with me! Especially with a 3 year old! I think WL is a great family resort even without the parks! The pool, movies, boats to MK (I know the poly has movies and a cool pool)…all the animals around in sculptures and the totem poles! Beautiful hotel for a 3 year old! The buses vs monorail is over-rated to me! Stay the extra day!
1988 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2010 Disneyland
2001 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2011 DisneylandParis
2005 AKL********************2011 Kidani/Wilderness
wide receiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #24
Shell54
DIS Veteran

We love the Poly..even with one less day..the convenience and proximity to the MK and TTC plus the WOW factor of the Poly itself is a no brainer IMO

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #25
yarlenna
Mouseketeer

Even if the Poly and Wilderness were same price - I would still want WL. The is my favorite resort. In WL all of the rooms are in ONE building.
yarlenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:16 AM   #26
tink1829
Earning My Ears

Oh stay at the poly there is things for children there and u can see the fireworks on the lagoon and watch the light show there every nite on the sand Our grandchildren loved it ! The poly is fantastic !
tink1829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #27
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall4539 View Post
Would you stay at the Poly for only 6 nights, or stay at the WL and be able to add an extra day to your vacation (stay 7 nights)? I like both resorts, but I have a 3 year old, and I worry that getting back and forth to Epcot will be a problem from WL? What should I do????? I really like adding an extra day, but worry about transportation issues! Thanks
AKL and WL reside at the bottom of ths list of Deluxe resorts. We would easily select the PR. If you say you want transportation but then say you want more days as another factor with buses being OK. Then why do a deluxe at all. You can select a Moderate resort and even stay more days...

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
MissionMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #28
marshall4539
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for your input.. We decided to do WL (unless a great fall deal is released).... I know the Poly is great, but I think the WL will work well with my family (and be a bit less busy).... Due to air travel, we lose almost 2 days, so that extra night really makes a difference. We thought about a split stay, but Grandma and /grandpa didn't want the move...

I hope we like WL, I haven't heard as much great stuff about it as Poly, but it seems nice!
marshall4539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #29
wide receiver
Mouseketeer

We LOVE WL! I love working out, the workout room is great. I rented a bike a couple of the days and road to Fort Wilderness. You can see the same light parade on the lake that you see at the Poly, in the evening they make smores by the lake and show a movie. you can take a boat to MK. You will have a great time! I'm sure the Poly is wonderful too. You really can't go wrong between the two resorts.
1988 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2010 Disneyland
2001 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2011 DisneylandParis
2005 AKL********************2011 Kidani/Wilderness
wide receiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #30
Polybound
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall4539 View Post
Would you stay at the Poly for only 6 nights, or stay at the WL and be able to add an extra day to your vacation (stay 7 nights)? I like both resorts, but I have a 3 year old, and I worry that getting back and forth to Epcot will be a problem from WL? What should I do????? I really like adding an extra day, but worry about transportation issues! Thanks
This is an easy one. Poly for 6 nights. Everytime we visit the WL, we always say we'd like to stay there the next time we visit. However, after leaving we think more carefully about it and realize that the WL is unfortunately located just too far from everything. We love the Monorail, so we always gravitate back to the Poly. Unless you're planning to go to Universal, or Sea World, 6 nights 7 days is plenty of time to do everything at Disney including water parks, multiple times. The rooms are nicer and bigger at the Poly. The ceilings in the rooms are taller as well.
Polybound is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: